You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Teostra

Bismarck and fire

15 comments in this topic

295 posts
6,613 battles

is it normal for Bismarck to get constantly sets on fire? i only get my bismarck about 3 hours ago and still stock, but i'm surprised by how often this ship is burning, as soon as my damage control effect wear off another fires would start

683 posts
7,358 battles

Not familiar with other BB line, but German BB easily catch fire, at least what I felt...

I suggest to play safe that is don't put yourself in position where multiple enemy firing at you. Close range one on one Bismarck shines but if opponent has helpers, then it's difficult.

1,386 posts
8,237 battles

Bismarck is noticeably larger and less maneuverable than the previous Gneisenau, which means you take more shell hits and naturally gets more fire.

Also, according to the official wiki, stock hull's fire resistance coefficient is worse than the top hull. (0.6670 vs 0.6337 for Bismarck and other T8 ships)

295 posts
6,613 battles

looks like bismarck is not really fit into my playstyle, maybe because it's still stock, the most annoying part is my MM in bismarck so far is T10 > t10 > t9 > t10 > 10 > t9 and the cycle continues, getting into tier 8 is pretty rare 

58 posts
3,805 battles

Bismarck is a fire magnet. Use premium damage control + repair party and the fire will be managable.

And if you get focus fire upon, then its time to pull back, wait till your cooldown is off on damage control and go back in again.

Super Tester
7,558 posts
8,001 battles

Ill still give bismarck 2nd place for catching fire. Nothing beats USN BBs on that. I even have a video that shows every single time a HE salvo touches my Iowa, new fire is set. Very powerful skill for talented HE spammers.

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

Bismark needs to use flags to get her best results - additional heal/repairs (+20%) as well as the fire prevention one as well. (repair fire time -20%). Even with premium heal and repair I often run out but on average I get a fire proof and dreadnaught every day so the flags are replaced anyway! 

Ensign

218 posts
3,792 battles

Ill still give bismarck 2nd place for catching fire. Nothing beats USN BBs on that. I even have a video that shows every single time a HE salvo touches my Iowa, new fire is set. Very powerful skill for talented HE spammers.

Make you think if they actually mopped the deck with gasoline that morning.
Edited by Puteralanun

40 posts
2,588 battles

is it normal for Bismarck to get constantly sets on fire? i only get my bismarck about 3 hours ago and still stock, but i'm surprised by how often this ship is burning, as soon as my damage control effect wear off another fires would start

If the game tried to be some sort of accurate depiction of battleship vs cruiser warfare in a pitched battle, then absolutely nobody would play a cruiser or a destroyer.  The games speed boost, torpedo reloads, concealment and fire setting are all there to make the smaller ships playable.

Usually I'd put a fire out if I had 2 of them, or I needed a module repaired, or the bombers of various types have finished.  If I have one, I'd just wait it out and repair the damage with the heal.