Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kreigg

So uhhh any trick to the Myoko?

14 comments in this topic

580 posts
1,587 battles

:honoring: HELLO and GOOD EVENING FELLOW CAPTAINS :honoring:

It's been awhile since I started playing again. Stopped around June 2016 because of "reasons" and now I am back with a new gaming rig to boot. So I started playing again and man there's a lot of new crap is there? and I am pissed I missed that Scharnhorst. I did so well with that tub in another old boat-em-up game.

New things with the UI as well and is it just me or is the Awareness Skill now default to all Commanders? What else is new that I'm missing with the commander skills?

I've been playing for a few days now getting myself re-aquainted with the game and my ships and I noticed that I left my Aoba with just 69K Exp and now after a few games she's already grown up to be a Myoko... My Nurnberg too is also grown up to be a Yorck but I think I'll skip that tub.

Question is, is there any trick to her or play her like usual? Any spots I should be wary of? Had a gay old time with the Furutaka and the Aoba with the guidance you guys shared regarding IJN CAs much thanks to that.

:honoring: THANKS AGAIN FOR OPENING MY THREAD, and RNG BLESS YOU :honoring:

[BOTES]
439 posts
3,955 battles

Awareness Skill now default to all Commanders

>What else is new that I'm missing with the commander skills

complete captain skill revamp in next patch

218 posts
3,792 battles

When I drive my Colorado, there's nothing I like more than seeing the Myoko present it's broadside to me. That thing is a citadel magnet.

Back to topic. When playing Myoko, don't depend so much on your torpedo. Only use your torps when an opportunity present itself. I recommend Installing Main Battery Modification 2 upgrade that will increase your turret turning speed. Myoko has a BB like turret turning speed. And lastly, always keep your distance from the enemy BB.

Edited by Puteralanun

1,162 posts

Ohh hey Kreigg! I missed you man. *hugs you*

Compare to Furutaka/Aoba "Bow-on" style, Myoko is more kiter because the 3rd turret is facing and swing rearward, upgrade module and captain skill is like usual IJN just patience with turret speed.

580 posts
1,587 battles

Ohh hey Kreigg! I missed you man. *hugs you*

Compare to Furutaka/Aoba "Bow-on" style, Myoko is more kiter because the 3rd turret is facing and swing rearward, upgrade module and captain skill is like usual IJN just patience with turret speed.

Nice to see you too Cap'n :)... Yeah I noticed her unusual turret layout and thought that there's more to this than meets the eye... Thanks for the heads up...

As usual Thank You also you kind Ladies and Gents for your inputs it's so nice to be back here (saltiness and all)... Plus 1's as far as my daily allotment allows :medal:

403 posts
8,185 battles

oh, and her torp arc is more aimed at back to cover your retreat

About that- you can actually fire the torps at the limit of your detection range (13ish km) at a target that is sailing straight towards you. Because of how relative speed works, the torps will normally intercept the target 9km from where they were fired. At the worst they miss and act as area denial, at best you get to invisi-torp a battleship.

Sign in to follow this