Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
rouge42

"convenient" meat shields

17 comments in this topic

440 posts
3,379 battles

Soo...  I was in a furutaka in fault line heading towards A with an emerald (IIRC), and just at the edge of the cap point he smoked up and we both hid there. I sent my plane in hoping of spotting someone, next thing I saw was an enemy dd and he also popped smoke. Saw torps coming thinking "this is how I'll end isn't it?" SUDDENLY the emerald just sailed forward placing him between me and the torps which ends in him taking all the torps and dead. I just felt embarrassed and ashamed since it felt like my fault, but then again I couldn't do anything to stop him from being my "convenient" meat shield. But just want to make sure, am I to blame or not for his death?

Also, catapult launched planes can also act as an enemy spotter right?

341 posts
4,020 battles

I had a low health Belfast save my Fuso before. We were sitting in a smokescreen as the last two ships on a failing flank and I had been tanking for a while, so I needed to recover HP. A wall of torps suddenly appeared, but the Belfast, maybe intentionally, as he possibly realised he only had 3000 HP left or so and would die anyway, accelerated, took all the torps in front of me and I went on to survive and the team won...

Salute, o7

Press F to pay respects.

Edited by InterconKW

334 posts
13,009 battles

Its called team play seems to be finally sinking in to a lot of the players if the team wins u win. Pay them a compliment or two to show appreciation. It's like dd smoking up for bb and staying outside the smoke to still spot.

341 posts
4,020 battles

Actually, this is true. While I still see enough potatoes to make me salty, I've actually noticed more people speaking in team chat the moment I propose a strategy, more DDs smoking up the guy tanking damage etc. recently. Gives you a lot of hope.

440 posts
3,379 battles

Its called team play seems to be finally sinking in to a lot of the players if the team wins u win. Pay them a compliment or two to show appreciation. It's like dd smoking up for bb and staying outside the smoke to still spot.

but the problem is I don't know if he did it intentionally or accidentally because the torps appeared just outside the smoke where at the moment I saw the torps coming he was already moving and this is fresh into the battle where everyone is in full health (so I'm pretty sure no one wants to waste their full health quickly). But if it was intended, well if you're reading this (the emerald) thanks for what you did :honoring:

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,834 posts
4,134 battles

i closed in a little too close to a myoko and furitaka in the emerald. It was certain death until a DD came in and smoked up around me.  I thanked him and he replied no probs so it was a planned move for him.   I was so surprised and impressed I proceeded to ground myself on an island.   I wonder why it's started to happen now all of a sudden.  Hopefully it becomes more commonplace

9 posts
2,280 battles
It's pretty much team play across the board.  I've seen some amazing things these last few days.  Smoke screens, DD's supporting and pulling victory from the jaws of defeat.  It's definitely improving.  I have seen some pretty stupid stuff though - and i'm not immune from doing that after 10 or so straight losses.  What I would like to see more though is support for the carriers.  I try to get back and support when there is danger, but rarely do you see anyone helping out in those situations.

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

These are often done as coordinated efforts as well. For example check at the 11:05 minute mark (I have put the start pointer there as well, just hit the play button):

We knew the benson launched torpes before getting devastated, so R3negade is pushing forward to take some of the torps for me, otherwise I would be pretty dead. We were using teamspeak3 for voice comm and team play is the best thing in this game.

Edited by icy_phoenix

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,399 battles

from what i read here, many people still doesn't believe team play exist in sea server :trollface:

they are few but they exist 

i just wish many more people communicate in this server, that will definitely help the team

but language is the a barrier here, 

WG should improvise the "F" key function so this server especially can "communicate" better

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

from what i read here, many people still doesn't believe team play exist in sea server :trollface:

they are few but they exist 

Its because they themselves aren't team players and mostly whiners. 

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,399 battles

Its because they themselves aren't team players and mostly whiners. 

too true :hiding:

i whine too when i lose :trollface:

back to the topic

i sometime smoke for the team but usually they just sail right through, doesn't really know how to benefit the smoke, what a waste  :facepalm:

346 posts

maybe you have a secret admirer or the emerald player sees that younare a fourm poster therefore potential seal clubber and decides that your survival is more vital to the team and there fore sacrified himself in the hope that you maybe a pro and bring good stats or extra exp point from victory bonus

an indeed noble act of valour

(·_·)7  

a moment of silence for this brave fellow

440 posts
3,379 battles

maybe you have a secret admirer or the emerald player sees that younare a fourm poster therefore potential seal clubber and decides that your survival is more vital to the team and there fore sacrified himself in the hope that you maybe a pro and bring good stats or extra exp point from victory bonus

an indeed noble act of valour

(·_·)7  

a moment of silence for this brave fellow

the funny thing is that our team won and I was number one and he was bottom rank......

yeah, it's really awkward :D

Edited by rouge42

Sign in to follow this