You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
legionary2099

Need help on TK

15 comments in this topic

[LNA]
1,658 posts
10,425 battles

Ok , 1st of all if the guys i accidententally hit read this please let me say that i am sorry for hitting you.

Here's the problem : I got pink name from 2 co op games where i accidentally hit my ally with a torp and the other with gunfire ( it was at 3-5km brawling so i honestly didnt notice those guy going around me as i had eyes on target ). After I went pink i play my Essex to pass time and there was a friendly dd actively trying to damage me via ramming. I moved away and he still keep doing it until he die and do nothing for the team. So my question is: is he abusing TK system to get free silver from colliding with me or he is just a jerk ?

783 posts
4,810 battles

I say he's a jerk for doing that regardless of compensation. :bajan:

And IIRC, TK compensation is no longer there after the new economy patch.

What repairs are there to be compensated when we have a fixed service cost anyway.

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

After the economy rework in 0.5.12, the person being tk-ed no longer gets any compensation for damage done by teammates.
So the devs probably used your compensation credits for Vodka.
As for that destroyer, I'd say he's a *content removed*.

Edited by _Halcyon

2,217 posts
13,680 battles

I think calling him a jerk is too polite. When they do that they extend you pink penalty by another match. Theoretically it could go on indefinitely. 

If I get an accidental kill (which just requires a dumbass ally to change course into the direction of torps in a situation when I really can't afford not fire them) I will then tend to play co-op till penalty removed. That way you can take extra care to avoid the captains who can't steer.

110 posts
1,474 battles

Yeah I just spent around 17 games trying to remove a 5 game TK penalty because for some reason DDs and cruisers moving to avoid non existent return fire find it hard to avoid a big slow BB. At one stage with no enemy fire at all a 'friendly' DD even managed to ram the aft of my stationery BB but eh whatever

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

Yeah I just spent around 17 games trying to remove a 5 game TK penalty because for some reason DDs and cruisers moving to avoid non existent return fire find it hard to avoid a big slow BB. At one stage with no enemy fire at all a 'friendly' DD even managed to ram the aft of my stationery BB but eh whatever

A easier way, just play CV in PvE.

2,217 posts
13,680 battles

Also seeing a lot of very strange DD behavior lately. I suspect BOT. I think I have witnessed 2 DDs shadowing CV in last few days. DD reversing and not firing who eventual came to stop on an island and was shot.

683 posts
7,334 battles

Also seeing a lot of very strange DD behavior lately. I suspect BOT. I think I have witnessed 2 DDs shadowing CV in last few days. DD reversing and not firing who eventual came to stop on an island and was shot.

Yup saw a Mahan in Estuary domination map did that.. 

76 posts
6,186 battles

Ok , 1st of all if the guys i accidententally hit read this please let me say that i am sorry for hitting you.

Here's the problem : I got pink name from 2 co op games where i accidentally hit my ally with a torp and the other with gunfire ( it was at 3-5km brawling so i honestly didnt notice those guy going around me as i had eyes on target ). After I went pink i play my Essex to pass time and there was a friendly dd actively trying to damage me via ramming. I moved away and he still keep doing it until he die and do nothing for the team. So my question is: is he abusing TK system to get free silver from colliding with me or he is just a jerk ?

I had exactly the same problem, and even tho I went to co-op to 'work off' the TK pink, players kept ramming me, (and one opened fire on me,) so I stayed pink for like a week. I think that's a nasty thing to do. And I know how easy it is to accidentally hit an ally - specially with long distance torps. One player actually turned into my spread.

37 posts
9,844 battles

We had a player last night (guessing I can't name and shame) who was in a Shokaku who was manually torping and bombing his own players.  Name ends with 1941.  If you see him in game watch yourself.  He had decent stats too.. 

I get if you put your torps in close to save a team mate and hit them that it is bad luck, but manual bombing.. need another report in game for this guy is trying to team kill.. Also he started pink.

110 posts
1,474 battles

If he started pink the damage would just be reflected back to him, he might as well torp himself. only problem would be if your team didn't realise he was pink and tried avoiding his torps and showing broadsides to enemy and such. 

Also, that is what replays are for. Send a replay to support. Too bad you need a mod or manually edit a file to record replays though......

37 posts
9,844 battles

he finished with a -1 had set me on fire with bombs & my div mate on fire too.

yeah he would get damage too, but you have enough to deal with from the enemy team usually not looking for your own cv.  Except for when you abuse him for not helping lol.