You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yansuki

is texas worth buying?

37 members have voted

1. 1. is texas worth buying?

• yes
    • no

33 comments in this topic

[LNA]
1,660 posts
10,447 battles

I answer no simply because at its tier texas is awfully inaccurate like its normal counterpart and being a tier 5 makes things worse as it will be in a lot of tier 7 game. Nice AA for sure but your guns give you exp and credits , and its gun being inconsistent will make you go mad quite often ( my experience facing them ). Wait untill high tier US BB pre release - I herd that Alabama will be avail for sale next year

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

If you liked the New York you'll like the Texas.

She's litterally the same ship with way better AA (Read: good look ever trying to bomb her)

146 posts
10,209 battles

I have a Texas and a Murmansk - thinking about selling both as neither are competitive against the Tier VIIs I seem to run into every single time I play either ship . . . and it's just not fun anymore. 

If they fix MM, then yes - it's a great ship, tanky - with awesome AA . . . 

I'd get a Sims instead . . . I train my North Carolina in mine . . . 

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I'd be surprised to see someone that likes NY

Considering that her performance is the same as with any other tier V BB, I see no reason why I shouldn't like her.

In fact I prefer her over Kongou's derpy accuracy.

The major downside is that New York is slow.

In theory that means your team has to do the same as a team with a Maus in WoT.

I.e. take ground and hold it until the heavy armor arrives.

In practice that means that everyone lemmings in front of you and dies before you're in firing range to anything.

In WoT a single good player can still turn around a battle even if it's 10v15, in WoWS the

loss of 4 ships without enough remaining good players on that team can be lethal.

I.e. why New York and Texas are best played in divisions.

Also, as far as performance goes:

I don't really see New York being worse than the other two, unless you think winrate makes or breaks a ship.

Fyi, I solely played König in divisions and New York solo, can't remember for Kongou since I've sold her a long time ago.

6mwk1dV.png

Edited by Retia

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,036 battles

As long as you Div up with a CV player your good to go, when you play solo expect to get up tiered and experience what 16" shells will do to your armor. On a serious note before the MM got screwed up the Texas was my favourite ship as for the Tier she has good armor, good guns and insane AA. She is a thing of beauty once she gets rolling.

381 posts
9,957 battles

Considering that her performance is the same as with any other tier V BB, I see no reason why I shouldn't like her.

In fact I prefer her over Kongou's derpy accuracy.

The major downside is that New York is slow.

In theory that means your team has to do the same as a team with a Maus in WoT.

I.e. take ground and hold it until the heavy armor arrives.

In practice that means that everyone lemmings in front of you and dies before you're in firing range to anything.

In WoT a single good player can still turn around a battle even if it's 10v15, in WoWS the

loss of 4 ships without enough remaining good players on that team can be lethal.

I.e. why New York and Texas are best played in divisions.

Also, as far as performance goes:

I don't really see New York being worse than the other two, unless you think winrate makes or breaks a ship.

Fyi, I solely played König in divisions and New York solo, can't remember for Kongou since I've sold her a long time ago.

6mwk1dV.png

Guess you're right. I realized I won 7/8 games with NY before free exp to NM which is fairly decent. I just feel uncomfortable playing slow ships (well even the gun reload is slow) and unable to make an influence over hot spots.

350 posts

how about arizona? worth buying

*not that i'm buying just asking*

She's Ok and really slow compared to her fellow Tier 6 BBs. But once in range, she's a demon with her main guns. But take my advice with a grain of salt as I also own a Texas, a New York, a Kongo, a New Mexico, a Fuso, and a Warsprite too. 

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

brought her, she was quite soft for a bb, she take lots of damage specially from HE. but so far i liker her, her accuracy is quite satisfying, her guns pack some punches specially against cruiser and same tier bb.

her price was really dirt cheap too. i might as well add her to my shipu collection.

54 posts
7,230 battles

Texas is a good and fun ship and USED to be worth it. However, I got her about a month before the MM change and now she's always bottom tier against T7's and just get's overwhelmed (like all T5's). Shame really, I used to like taking her out, but now, it's more of an exercise in frustration than fun (though you do get the odd good 1 in 20 match).

Beta Tester
129 posts
4,349 battles

If full price,probably not but with discount,hell yeah!I only recommend the Texas for anyone who is already familiar with the slow USN BB line and couldnt afford the Arizona.She will constantly met T7 ships but Im not bothered with it because a T5 BB can still easily wreck T7 DDs,T7 cruiser and T7 BBs if they show their broadside.In fact I welcome the challenge  and you can earn more credits and xp for shooting higher tier ships.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

thanks for all the feed back guys. so far i really enjoy her. even at T7 she can still do stuff like sinking cruisers and help friendlies in dealing with enemy higher tier BB.

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Question : how is the Arizona compared to a Texas? Is Arizona like a NM, much like how a Texas is like a NY, but better? 

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,287 posts

Arizona is a great tier 6 BB much like NM.

The only bad thing is that she has mediocre AA and becomes a natural target for CV players.

Range is good and accuracy is pretty good as well.

She is slow and not so manouvreable, but she hits hard and can tank well.

Just watch out for CV's.......