You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Puteralanun

Make torpedo one shot weapon

17 comments in this topic

218 posts
3,788 battles

WG should make a torpedo a one shot weapons, or make the reload time extremely long, like 10 minutes or so. This will discourage torpedo spamming and encourage, the DD captain especially, to be more prudent in firing their torp. In return, the DD guns and health points should be beef up somewhat to make up for the loss of the torpedo, probably improving their range and ballistic properties.

29 posts
5,267 battles

No, No and No. I play mainly DD's and they're just fine. Some BB's take up to 5 torps to put out of action and that is as it should be.

Yes some players just spam torps, but if your half a captain you'd play with that in mind.

Now reducing the health and accuracy of them CA's that's something I'd .....................Just kidding :child:

218 posts
3,788 battles

No, No and No. I play mainly DD's and they're just fine. Some BB's take up to 5 torps to put out of action and that is as it should be.

Yes some players just spam torps, but if your half a captain you'd play with that in mind.

Now reducing the health and accuracy of them CA's that's something I'd .....................Just kidding :child:

5 torps? more like  2 torps and the flooding.

218 posts
3,788 battles

I guess someone can't do torpedobeat.

Last night, MM put my Kongo in game with 4 destroyers on each team, and that include cruiser torps as well. The torps kept coming in that I end up eating 3 torpedoes and spent most of the battle dodging them. Even though I survive and my team win, I end up only doing like 20K damage and 12 hits only since I can't engage enemy while dodging torpedo (unless I start using aimbot).

[LANCR]
18 posts
2,915 battles

Torps need to be a consumable with only limited reloads. Very few DD's could reload their torps.

Some <content removed> DD's had special reload pods for the their torps.

Torps are far too effective in this game.

The only down side is that DD's would need some form of buff to balance the change.

Insults/Derogatory Comment. Post Edited. User Warned.

~ADM_dude

Edited by ADM_dude

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles

Torps need to be a consumable with only limited reloads. Very few DD's could reload their torps.

Some <content removed> DD's had special reload pods for the their torps.

Torps are far too effective in this game.

The only down side is that DD's would need some form of buff to balance the change.

please tell me you are kidding, you are kidding right?

Quote Updated.

~ADM_dude

Edited by ADM_dude

218 posts
3,788 battles

please tell me you are kidding, you are kidding right?

In many battles, the DD damage output rival that of a BB, sometimes even surpass it, and BB are suppose to be the big stick.
Edited by Puteralanun

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

Ok well what the issue is really about is ammunition rite?

Now the battles in WOW are fairly short, so you can justify unlimited ammo mostly and its not too crazy.... but not torps, its kinda crazy to have unlimited torp ammo.

Beta Tester
95 posts
2,660 battles

Last night, MM put my Kongo in game with 4 destroyers on each team, and that include cruiser torps as well. The torps kept coming in that I end up eating 3 torpedoes and spent most of the battle dodging them. Even though I survive and my team win, I end up only doing like 20K damage and 12 hits only since I can't engage enemy while dodging torpedo (unless I start using aimbot).

Last night I played a game where my DD (Fujin) was only the only one. I spent the game just spotting and capping, and we won because of it. My Fujin has torp range of 7km, I did once shoot 6 torps at a BB and hit with 1.

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

Whatever was the historical load out of torps - double it, then put a small home base zone in all the maps that you have to return to for reload or you can reload from cv