Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Apex1o1

RN Battleship line

20 comments in this topic

211 posts
9,928 battles

Not sure if its been posted before but thought some might find it interesting.

Kelorn chats with iEarlGrey about the direction of RN BB's ship line and difficulties balancing the line.

Original Thread: http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/108185-speculation-how-gun-performance-will-affect-royal-navy-battleships/

525 posts
7,946 battles

inb4 WG come up with a new consumable idea "Super charge!!!"

Faster reload but higher chance to detonate cancel detonation flag, just like Jutland:D

346 posts

Dreadnought my friend RN BBs will probably have their own version on montana I know there is a follow on class on the lion class that is a lot like montana but i can't remember what it's called

Agincort tier 5 pls only 14 12" guns

Edited by BravaZulu296

75 posts
4,778 battles

This was a great video and great point on why the RN hasn't arrived yet. "Yes, they had lots and lots of ships....but they all sucked...."

Did they really suck though> I mean, yeah, the Battlecruisers had less armor than Pensacola up until WWII, but you've got ships like Warspite and the original HMS Dreadnought herself too...

Yeah, they had the Nelson class and gunnery problems on KGV, but that doesn't mean the whole RN BB line sucked (except in AA) and the few sucky designs issue didn't stop WG from implementing the Japanese BBs (*cough*Fusou*cough*)

213 posts
4,335 battles

Did they really suck though> I mean, yeah, the Battlecruisers had less armor than Pensacola up until WWII, but you've got ships like Warspite and the original HMS Dreadnought herself too...

Yeah, they had the Nelson class and gunnery problems on KGV, but that doesn't mean the whole RN BB line sucked (except in AA) and the few sucky designs issue didn't stop WG from implementing the Japanese BBs (*cough*Fusou*cough*)

Unfortunately, yes on the whole they did suck. Queen Mary, Invincible, Indeflatulance, Repulse, Hood.....

Even Barnham (QE class like the Warspite) and Prince of Wales went down much more easily than they should have.

By design the RN ships could not equal rivals. They had to carry more fuel, have larger non fighting accommodation space, face rougher seas and had to be cheaper since so many were needed.

Whilst IRL, numbers won over quality for the RN every time, that is not going to play out in game.

346 posts

Unfortunately, yes on the whole they did suck. Queen Mary, Invincible, Indeflatulance, Repulse, Hood.....

Even Barnham (QE class like the Warspite) and Prince of Wales went down much more easily than they should have.

By design the RN ships could not equal rivals. They had to carry more fuel, have larger non fighting accommodation space, face rougher seas and had to be cheaper since so many were needed.

Whilst IRL, numbers won over quality for the RN every time, that is not going to play out in game.

RN sailors slept at their battlestations in hammocks didn't they

980 posts
12,617 battles

Great video. 

I'm happy for war gaming to deviate gameplay of RN battleships from real life (like the cruisers) just to balance the line. Just supercharge all the guns to balance the lower shell caliber!

Can't wait to sink some Hood in a Bismarck. 

671 posts
1,508 battles

Actually, the devs are making HMS CVs first than the HMS BBs

they're aiming for the RU BBs first

Wait, don't Carriers come from battleships. From the tree.

213 posts
4,335 battles

I find it hard to believe this is true. RN CVs will be harder than BBs. Going by tonnage, I presume tier X will be Queen Elizabeth? Judging by recent tests, F35B might be a bit UP though...

211 posts
9,928 battles

Actually, the devs are making HMS CVs first than the HMS BBs

they're aiming for the RU BBs first

Glancing at RU BB History they really don't have much to work with, is it going to be essentially an entire line of theoretical ships?

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,375 battles

Glancing at RU BB History they really don't have much to work with, is it going to be essentially an entire line of theoretical ships?

oh, they will be super op line of BBs then :ohmy:

980 posts
12,617 battles

Do they really have to push it all the way to tier X? Just stop with the Lion at tier IX or something if nobody is into the imaginery ships.  

As a fanbase, we really want Royal Navy Battleships. If they do decide to match up their capabilities based on historical and actual technical specifications, and they ships still sucked, I'm sure any rational player here would not be like 'Wargaming screwed up these ships blahblahblah', we will finally understand first hand how crap these Royal Navy BBs were lol. 

Or we could give the Royal Navy BBs supercharges or a faster rate of fire, like the special shells that the cruisers receive. 

Whatever Wargaming decide to do with the RN BBs, I will be supportive and will play them.

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,375 battles

Do they really have to push it all the way to tier X? Just stop with the Lion at tier IX or something if nobody is into the imaginery ships.  

As a fanbase, we really want Royal Navy Battleships. If they do decide to match up their capabilities based on historical and actual technical specifications, and they ships still sucked, I'm sure any rational player here would not be like 'Wargaming screwed up these ships blahblahblah', we will finally understand first hand how crap these Royal Navy BBs were lol. 

Or we could give the Royal Navy BBs supercharges or a faster rate of fire, like the special shells that the cruisers receive. 

Whatever Wargaming decide to do with the RN BBs, I will be supportive and will play them.

hey, a tech tree without tier X will looks ridiculous

they will do the paper ship or super buff any of the actual BB, eihter one i dont really care, i love Bbs and will defintinely play em

RN have enough actual and paper BBs to make 2 separate line and make another battlecruiser sub-line

but it's hell of a wait, i hope it's worth it and the whole line will not be super squishy BBs like warspite  

Sign in to follow this