Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
perositi

World of hide and shoot.

7 comments in this topic

28 posts
4,589 battles

I have been playing wows for quite some time now and it just amazes me how the latest craze is to try and hide behind the islands and just spam HE. Most of the time to no effect other than not supporting the guys who are actually doing something.

I find it great fun to just sneak upto them or hit them from range and all of a sudden they are looking for the next island to hide behind. When will people figure out that the machine gun ships that spam HE although annoying are truly just teaching them really bad playing habits. And if they want to get good at the game they should try and play normally.

The number of people playing the HE spamming role is funny to watch especially when you chase them with a BB and then citadel them, then they cry foul. If Wargaming was to lower the damaged caused by the HE spammers I guess they might then look to play as one of the team rather than just an annoying brat.

Just my 2 cents worth. Still a great game.

753 posts
8,965 battles

It's a vicious circle I'm afraid. They hide behind the Islands due to the effect of one lucky salvo from a BB sniping from the edge of the map unseen being able to obliterate them.

BB's snipe from the edge of the map due to the effect of the fire damage of HE from ships they cannot hit hiding behind Islands.

So the cycle of snipe verses hide continues.

Both shell types damage effect needs reworking imho, plus all BB's should have their map border decreased by 1 grid square to encourage them to not just sit back waiting for the lucky shot but rather participating in the team effort. The new economy has done little to discourage this behaviour. 

345 posts
3,663 battles

Try going into the open with a konigsberg while there's 5 battleships around. 2 salvos and you're dead. No amount of angling will save you. 

There's just too much risk when most of your team's battleships are behind cruisers.

You just don't want to be focused by BBs while playing as a cruiser. You'll be a submarine in a matter seconds.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

try playing atlanta, that ship can't be played in open water as any high caliber hit can penetrate her citadel.

just get out of their gun range and they wont be able to harm you.

Super Tester
7,546 posts
7,993 battles

Well setting fire is a no brainer skill, and no amount of skill will save you from this BS. You just have to learn to deal with it, and do the same when you play cruisers.

Just remember, good BB players die from HE, not AP.

Sign in to follow this