Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Douglas_Chan

XP and Free XP

9 comments in this topic

6 posts
6,817 battles

Guys, I am new (well, several months actually) to this game and I am not sure how the XP works. It looks there is something as XP associated with each ship/commader, a star in silver color. Then up in the top right corner there is another XP of a gold star. What are they and how they works ? I have a ship Atlanta and I guess I could transfer the ship's XP to other ships, is this correct ? But how should I do ? I am a puzzled.

440 posts
3,379 battles

the one on the corner is free xp which you can spend it on any ship, while the silver xp is the xp associated with a certain ship. you can transfer the xp from atlanta by turning it into free xp then you can spend it into any ship that you want

580 posts
1,587 battles

Ship XP (silver star) is only for that the ship that it's associated with you can use that to unlock ship upgrades and stuff... You can convert Ship XP(Silver Star) to Free XP (Gold Star) by using Doubloons...

Doubloons are only purchasable at the Premium shop with real money...

Free XP (Gold Star) is usable for all ships accross the board but they are only used automatically when you are short on Ship XP(Silver Star)... 

So the question is when should you use Free XP?? My opinion would be to use when only needed... If you can wait patiently and grind for a certain upgrade for a specific ship then grind away at those silver stars...

If you are having difficulty with certain "Trap ships" (Yes, I am looking at you Kawachi)... and wish to skip a ship class then by all means use your Free XP... Be forewarned though, skipping a ship class causes more grief than it causes relief especially at the higher tiers...

Edited by Kreigg

440 posts
3,379 battles

Doubloons are only purchasable at the Premium shop with real money...

OR when wargaming is being generous and gives a mission that hands out doubloons :rolleyes:

580 posts
1,587 battles

OR when wargaming is being generous and gives a mission that hands out doubloons :rolleyes:

Some of the tasks on campaigns does reward doubloons:P

They do that now do they?? Apologies, I have been away for awhile... So take note on what these guys said...

66 posts
9,624 battles

The silver Ship XP is locked to that ship. It is used to research upgrades for that ship and is used to unlock the next ship in the Tech Tree. You earn XP during battles. The amount you earn depends on how well you perform as well as the daily "first win bonus" (usually +50%). Sometimes that bonus is increased, like right now it is +200%. You can also increase the amount of XP gained in each battle by using Signal Flags.

Commander XP is also gained during battles and is used to unlock different skills for that Commander. You will be given Skill Points once you have gained enough Commander XP which you can use to give your captain different skills. There are currently 5 different levels of skills to choose from. Each skill can cost 1, or up to 5 skill points, depending on which level it is. Once chosen, you cannot reset (chose a different skill) unless you use doubloons to do it. Signal Flags can also boost Commander XP.

Free XP is gained in battles too, It is Ship XP that can be used on any ship. You gain less Free XP than normal ship XP per battle. Once you have fully upgraded a ship and have also unlocked the next ship in the tech tree, rather than having a lot of wasted XP on a ship that cant be used, it can be converted to Free XP by using doubloons. XP from Premium Ships can also be converted to Free XP. There are also Signal Flags that boost the amount of Free XP you can earn. Some (all?) Premium ships also boost the amount of XP you can earn in a battle (along with credits).

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

all Premium ships also boost the amount of XP you can earn in a battle

Because they come in premium Camo.

you can buy the premium camo and made your regular ship into an exp farmer also

Sign in to follow this