Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Puteralanun

ARP Ships

17 comments in this topic

218 posts
3,792 battles

Just wanna ask if there's a mod that can replace the skin on ARP ships with a normal skin for their respective type. Also, is there a mod that can make the camo invisible? I mean not remove the camo. The camo and all it's benefits is still there, just not seen.

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

there's a mod for arp skins to normals ones or you could just turn off the arp effects at carousel filter. about the camo, you can just make the camo image transparent by editing and its simple really

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,836 posts
4,138 battles

Disabling the ARP filter will not reskin the ships.  Searching will find mods that will deskin them.  Aslains mod pack also has a no manga mod built in it.    If you want to get rid of the voices just go to:

WOWS folder > res > banks > Officialmods>

Change Arpeggio to Arpeggio1 or any other name, then restart WOWS.

The game cannot locate the files so will use the IJN voice files

[LBAS]
4,485 posts
25,665 battles

here you are

I've noticed that a lot of people who got the ARP ships are not so happy with their appearance in a WW1-WW2 based game. But they're both excellent ships that deserve to be in anybody's port.

As I'm among this group of people, I started to look for the way to change this to something more in line with the normal Kongo and Myoko. After renaming textures and editing a couple of files I think they look now like any IJN ship:

ARP_Kongo_zps2eneqapr.jpg

ARP_Myoko_zpspvvec0i5.jpg

shot-16.11.25_10.24.43-0706_zpsljrcauev.

JL_ARP_NormalShips_v2.4

This mod also changes the look of the captains with images from the IJN captain pool in the game, and changes the flags in the UI to the Japanese one.

This mod does NOT change the look of the Yokosuka port. To get that, you should look into this thread.

This mod does NOT change the Japanese girl voices. If you want to get rid of them, just go to res\banks\Arpeggio and rename that folder to something else. Game will automatically use the standard English voices.

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,416 battles

here you are

this mod will make arp ships camo disappear to us. will other people still see the arp camo or the naked version?!

using ships without camo kinda feels like i'm naked in a crowd you know

at, on 27 December 2016 - 10:24 AM, said:

Disabling the ARP filter will not reskin the ships.  Searching will find mods that will deskin them.  Aslains mod pack also has a no manga mod built in it.    If you want to get rid of the voices just go to:

WOWS folder > res > banks > Officialmods>

Change Arpeggio to Arpeggio1 or any other name, then restart WOWS.

The game cannot locate the files so will use the IJN voice files

good to know, i don't like arp voice too much

218 posts
3,792 battles

this mod will make arp ships camo disappear to us. will other people still see the arp camo or the naked version?!

using ships without camo kinda feels like i'm naked in a crowd you know

good to know, i don't like arp voice too much

Mods only change the appearance in the client side. To everyone else, you still look the same as always.

Super Tester
7,558 posts
8,001 battles

If someone has their filters on to hide ARP ships, they will see the ARP ships as normal naked ships. Other than that, yes, visual mods only works on client side. So if you re-skin say, ARP Myoko, all the other ARP Myoko you see the same as yours. This is partly the reason why I think skin mods are pointless since I can't really show others that my ship is unique,

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,416 battles

If someone has their filters on to hide ARP ships, they will see the ARP ships as normal naked ships. Other than that, yes, visual mods only works on client side. So if you re-skin say, ARP Myoko, all the other ARP Myoko you see the same as yours. This is partly the reason why I think skin mods are pointless since I can't really show others that my ship is unique,

bummer, like you said, feels like it's pointless, unless self satisfaction is what you ask for

oh well, i don't really use arp ships anyway except ashigara and kirishima

218 posts
3,792 battles

bummer, like you said, feels like it's pointless, unless self satisfaction is what you ask for

oh well, i don't really use arp ships anyway except ashigara and kirishima

Well, for me, the ARP color scheme kinda hurt my eyes. So I don't care really what other player see my ship look's like, as long as it's pleasing to my eyes.

39 posts

I tried to change my arp takao's camo to atago's camo but it didn't work also I found some arp takao mod that changes its appearance from atago model into takao's real model but it didn't work at the current version tho

Edited by FloatingCoffin

[LBAS]
4,485 posts
25,665 battles

Well, for me, the ARP color scheme kinda hurt my eyes. So I don't care really what other player see my ship look's like, as long as it's pleasing to my eyes.

no Anime fan:sceptic:

218 posts
3,792 battles

no Anime fan:sceptic:

I'm anime fan. But for me, getting ARP ships is not really about my my interest in the Arpeggio of blue steel anime (though I do watch the anime series though). ARP ships for me is about getting a Myoko and Atago at bargain price.

Super Tester
7,558 posts
8,001 battles

I tried to change my arp takao's camo to atago's camo but it didn't work also I found some arp takao mod that changes its appearance from atago model into takao's real model but it didn't work at the current version tho

You will have to wait for them to fix it and publish it for new patch :P

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,836 posts
4,138 battles

I'm anime fan. But for me, getting ARP ships is not really about my my interest in the Arpeggio of blue steel anime (though I do watch the anime series though). ARP ships for me is about getting a Myoko and Atago at bargain price.

And that was it for me.  I don't play IJNBB's so my 3 fluro kongos are as useful as a screen door on a submarine.   The 2 fluro Myokos and Atago are worth the seizure inducing colours.

Sign in to follow this