You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LordTyphoon

The frustration is real...

31 comments in this topic

980 posts
12,617 battles

[start of rant]

See screenshots that detail my recent misery in the Nagato.

My entire team disintegrated with 1 minute to go. Enemy finished the mission even though we held 3 of the bases for the majority of the game. 

MM screwing my Nagato with potato teammates for the whole of Christmas, haven't won a game since Christmas Eve in this cursed ship. 

[End of rant]

[ATLAS]
66 posts
8,401 battles

3 win 3 lose, not only you... i know what you feel :(

my win rate never increase on this month

asiapotatoserver.mp4 :trollface:

980 posts
12,617 battles

After a whole afternoon of solid grinding I finally broke my nagato curse...that last one was a nailbiter

Gneisenau gave me a rough time too. What is it with BBs recently

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,703 battles

Yeah there have been some tough runs at times. 

Still you stuck through it and did get the wins.

Nothing though is worse than your first screen shot LordTyphoon. Nearly the highest XP on the losing side, when compared to that as well of the winning team.

Myokos are my bug bear, so many at high tiers sail straight and they get destroyed on both teams....

[KGHSF]
3,212 posts
6,046 battles

This is ridiculous honestly I played Gneisenau but never reach for 50% win rate 

Best teammate ever who done to me

Capture.PNG

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Lol ummm each ship gets a RNG and MM rating for the day if the ship you are playing is always losing then stop playing that ship for a day or 2 then go back to it. If a ship u play loses 2 in a row stop playing it as u will never beat RNG or MM when its that ships turn to lose. 

Only way to beat the system is to div up with unicums players. 

218 posts
3,792 battles

What you get is what you deserve. There's no such thing as MM drag you down. As I understand it, MM is totally random. It mean's everyone, even the unicum get the same chance of being team up with potato team or being bottom tiered by the MM (unless you're tier IX or X). So if your WR is low, than it's your fault for failure to carry the team, not MM fault.

Edited by Puteralanun

Super Tester
7,558 posts
8,001 battles

What you get is what you deserve. There's no such thing as MM drag you down. As I understand it, MM is totally random. It mean's everyone, even the unicum get the same chance of being team up with potato team or being bottom tiered by the MM (unless you're tier IX or X). So if your WR is low, than it's your fault for failure to carry the team, not MM fault.

Finally someone looked beyond the common rant of "WHY AM I BOTTOM TIER 100% OF TIMES".
Edited by icy_phoenix

213 posts
4,335 battles

Unfortunately, MM is not random, you can game it~ by forming divisions. If a unicum forms a division with 2 other unicums, they will have ensured that at least 25% of the team are unicums, something that would almost never happen given a 100% solo team. That's why they have such high win rates. Because the teams are smaller and the game is more strategic, the impact is much larger than in WOT (which has the same problem)

I believe that this is one of the reasons why WOW win rate stats are kind of crazy and also why win:lose streaks can be so long. At the same time, loosing in WOW is not so bad and sometime a good loss can be very satisfying.

218 posts
3,792 battles

Unfortunately, MM is not random, you can game it~ by forming divisions. If a unicum forms a division with 2 other unicums, they will have ensured that at least 25% of the team are unicums, something that would almost never happen given a 100% solo team. That's why they have such high win rates. Because the teams are smaller and the game is more strategic, the impact is much larger than in WOT (which has the same problem)

I believe that this is one of the reasons why WOW win rate stats are kind of crazy and also why win:lose streaks can be so long. At the same time, loosing in WOW is not so bad and sometime a good loss can be very satisfying.

Yes. There's that. but if you fought over a thousand battles, I think the number of the unicum divisions are statistically insignificant. But I could be wrong.

Anyway, don't feel so bad if your WR is low. You are actually contributing to the game as well. Think, how can those unicums get 70% WR if there's no one who get 30% WR. When you are winning, somebody is losing. So for unicums, don't look down on those who has less than stellar WR. You won't be where you are without them.

213 posts
4,335 battles

Yes. There's that. but if you fought over a thousand battles, I think the number of the unicum divisions are statistically insignificant. But I could be wrong.

Over 1000 games? Statistically insignificant. Over I night, at a specific tier, at  specific night? Impact is enormous. That's probably one of the reasons changing tiers/classes quite often fixes loosing streaks.

Potatoes get way too much credit for loosing games. They have minimal impact unless in a CV or if there are only 1 or 2 DDs. It's the Unicums [content removed] the potatoes that throw off the balance.

Profanity. Post edited, user sanctioned.

~amade

Edited by amade

2,222 posts
13,723 battles

Lol ummm each ship gets a RNG and MM rating for the day....

That's a might big call. Any supporting evidence?

To OP. I came on to share the Nagato frustration. 

341 posts
4,020 battles

I can confirm my Nagato is also eternally cursed. I struggle to break a 40% winrate despite my average damage today being like 75000+. 

I'm seeing cruisers suicide charging into groups of enemies even when I am screaming fall back. I see destroyers suicide charging a capture zone where they are outnumbered and dying, even though I keep telling them another capture zone is open. I see 2 tier 9 players hiding behind an island they can't shoot over, removing themselves from the battle for half the game and being useless when someone out in front needs support. I see the idiot charging an enemy when the team is just leading on points, dying in the last 3 seconds and losing the game. 3/4 of the teams I have had today effectively started with 4 or more less ships than the enemy. It's absolutely ridiculous, and I swear half the players on this server have lower IQs than the tier they play.

Ok, now the rant part is over, and I've also run out of reports.

So, everyone who plays solo in random battles seems to get non-stop teams of players who are so increditerribad that you would rather have a team of bots rather than these guys. Can someone then explain to me who is taking all the wins and how matchmaking even allows this?

2,222 posts
13,723 battles

I've been watching my shells land astride the target so many times. Shell spread is 231 vs Bismark 274, but in Bismark I can hit the target. Seems like the likelyhood of maximum spread is higher.

1,386 posts
8,237 battles

Man. Dude.

I'm no unicum, just a regular player, and here's my rant.

Why should I be the unicum carrying the team? Why I just can't be the potato being carried or the regular player doing average?

Why must a player carry the potatoes that are too heavy for him? Take this GK game I played a few days ago. I did 200k damage, devastated two cruisers, absorbed fire from a Yamato, a Izumo and an Amagi and received about 190k damage. And I lost. What else could I have done? I played solo and that was the best I could do. And after all what I did, I lost. You can say it's my fault not the MM's, but I'd say it was my team getting more potatoes than theirs.

268 posts
6,381 battles

[start of rant]

See screenshots that detail my recent misery in the Nagato.

My entire team disintegrated with 1 minute to go. Enemy finished the mission even though we held 3 of the bases for the majority of the game. 

MM screwing my Nagato with potato teammates for the whole of Christmas, haven't won a game since Christmas Eve in this cursed ship. 

[End of rant]

What's even more surprising is that you managed to get a win on the Pensacola...

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Its not si much that 1 team gets more potatoes than the other. RNG has a massive affect on the game and if RNG is against your team then u got no hope of winning. 

Thats why u get the onesided battles of 10-2 12-0 as RNG favoring one side. How many times have u played a ship like a cruiser and in 1 battle u will set 10-15 fires or more then the very next battle u can only set 1-2 fires even tho u are firing at BBs? 

Just like ive been playing in BBs and 1 battle get set on fire 1-2 times even tho cruisers are shooting HE at me all battle and then very next battle the ship get set on fire 12 13 14 15 times and u get burnt to the water line. 

The difference in RNG from 1 battle to the next can determine if you win or lose. In most battles player skill means stuff all when RNG is in control of the battle. 

341 posts
4,020 battles

So, everyone who plays solo in random battles seems to get non-stop teams of players who are so increditerribad that you would rather have a team of bots rather than these guys. Can someone then explain to me who is taking all the wins and how matchmaking even allows this?

Welp, my question just got answered by matchmaking itself... Played 2 games in Nagato immediately after, both games were tier 9 with known Unicums I shall not name turning up on my team and I got very good results just by playing alongside them... all ended in pretty clean victories too...

[ATLAS]
66 posts
8,401 battles

xzGh83F.jpg

2PLnfgV.jpg

than it's your fault for failure to carry the team

all of my game with communication to my team mate, and its really my fault to carry the team?

Beta Tester
908 posts

This flappen game. I couldn't even catch a break today. 10 games all losts and I came first on each one of them.

Picture a 120k dmg game in a Shiratsuyu and you still lose.

FFS, want to buy a better team. Can't even get one of the 200% XP game bonuses.