You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Viikka

Torpedos

32 comments in this topic

5 posts
933 battles

I thought this was basic knowledge to Not Launch Torpedoes when you're behind your ally? Or at least you could give me a heads up in chat? If there's no time, DON'T BLOODY BOTHER LAUNCH YOUR STUPID METAL FISHES INTO MY HULL DUMBASS!!

Also, Torpedoes have a range you uneducated [content removed], don't go launching your torps when the enemy is not even in range for your torpedoes to get to them. The only thing that's going to happen is you cutting off a team mate's route and possibly hitting them instead....

Please for the love of god, learn the basic mechanics of the game and stop bloody Torping your team... I swear to god, the next game I get torped by a friendly ship just because they're [content removed] and don't know how to launch torpedoes, I will personally make it my mission to bloody end you.

Derogatory. Post edited, user sanctioned.

~amade

Edited by amade

[BOTES]
439 posts
3,957 battles

"You blocked my Torpedos' path"

- someother Mogami who torped me.

Getting Torped or suddenly hearing that warning sound really ruins the in game experience. Though to be serious, Wargaming should include some warning about torping your allies (e.g. in the loading screen and in combat) so less proficient players will be aware. 

5 posts
933 battles

I did get Detonated, this is why I came here to point out the obvious, That friendly torp detonation was the 4th friendly torp I ate out of a span of 7 games.....

Serously... I'm in a bloody T8 game, How to hell does a person climb their way up to T8 and still fail to understand the fundamental basics of Not bloody dropping torps into your team ?

[content removed]

Derogatory/Inappropriate. Post edited. User already sanctioned.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

2,222 posts
13,723 battles

Yesterday I got a team kill. I was right next to an enemy BB. IIRC I fired 4 torps, 3 hit and sunk BB, 1 missed. Ally came around an island and sailed head on into the torp. How they managed to hit it I'm not sure. They then proceeded to let themselves flood and thereby killed me. Should I have let the BB sink me and not fired torps because someone trying really hard could get hit if they tried? It's just as fundamental that you don't go where there is likely to be torps.

[BOTES]
439 posts
3,957 battles

It's just as fundamental that you don't go where there is likely to be torps.

Except OP is getting hit when he least expected a friendly torpedo - i.e. from the allies behind you, not your scenario of during the heat of combat 

Edited by 9mm1n

99 posts
1,653 battles

Yeah it gets crazy sometimes because you have to focus on dodging allies in the middle of battle; sometimes when I'm knife-fighting a enemy in T8, allies can't resist firing all their torps at both of us...

Edited by Axion_Nova

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

"You blocked my Torpedos' path"

- someother Mogami who torped me.

Getting Torped or suddenly hearing that warning sound really ruins the in game experience. Though to be serious, Wargaming should include some warning about torping your allies (e.g. in the loading screen and in combat) so less proficient players will be aware. 

yep, IJN CA are notorious on this.

oh look, an allied DD engaging an enemy DD, let me help you by sending my torpedo. pure genius.

525 posts
7,946 battles

oh look, an allied DD engaging an enemy DD, let me help you by sending my torpedo. pure genius.

Why they doesn't help by using their guns is beyond me

24 posts
1,925 battles

well, historically, mogami class CA sunk 5 friendly ships with her torpedoes

2,222 posts
13,723 battles

Except OP is getting hit when he least expected a friendly torpedo - i.e. from the allies behind you, not your scenario of during the heat of combat 

Ah, yes. Remind me not to post when I should be asleep ;)

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,840 posts
4,138 battles

I don't want to say it just a way of life at the lower end of the game.................but its a way of life.

My most frustrating one was getting hit twice by one guys and he wouldn't even acknowledge me.   it took all my superpowers to not swear at him or shoot him............but I just made a nice cup of tea and watched Miss Marple instead.

[SIBYL]
50 posts
7,232 battles

Yesterday I got torp by a Hindenburg behind me when I am in a BB, when both fleets just start contact in the 20km area. Not even a stealthy DD would be in range for her torps.

Edited by CCloak

16 posts

Good point.. I main in DD and offen find friendly torps behind my ass while capping. Especially so from friendly jap CA!

Just yesterday in order to avoid torps from friendly benson and exposed my position behind island and got killed by waiting enemy DD. by T8 you would have thought they should know the basics....

I can't say I never torped friendlies, in fact it will happen soon or later but at least warn in chat or say sorry afterwards....

460 posts
8,352 battles

People can be so dumb with their fish, launching them at like twice the range they can go and basically towards a friendly. It basically happens because people spam them thoughtlessly. Perhaps a limited number of reloads would make more people think twice before spamming needlessly?

Not much to be achieved by ranting here though, perhaps you should point it out to the culprit in chat (whilst trying to be civil, I know it's hard) when it happens. You won't find many of the people doing it frequenting the forums. If they are clearly being a TKer then you can submit a replay so that the mods/WG staff can deal with it. It can happen by accident sometimes, or if an oblivious player stumbles into them, but at the end of the day you're responsible for whatever your fish happen to do, even if it wasn't intended.

Super Tester
7,567 posts
8,001 battles

Like they care. Ijn ships are the source of all bad habits in the game. Fuso Kongo nagato sniping from blue line, ijn dds spamming torps in cap brawls, ijn CAs spamming torps from third line to 15 km targets and finally there are infamous ARP fanbois who actually never played CA or ijn CAs in general. And for me, they cause the most trouble for friendly. 

This is the though process of crappy CA players: I have torps, must.use.them, In doing so, I will not shoot, and show broadside to enemy. Cause torping is really important even though I'll never hit.

Beta Tester
317 posts
953 battles

Once I got hit and killed by a friendly Atago torps while brawling on my Tirpitz with enemy Amagi. That little **** wouldn't even apologized. 

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

I have often had to dodge friendly torps but just figured they were fired back when the strategic situation was different. torps are in the water for a while, meanwhile situations constantly change.

I am shockingly bad in a DD, so i only do co-op while practicing that ship, and don't know how i avoided going pink yet? lol

Beta Tester
95 posts
2,671 battles

Idiots are everywhere, I was Torpedoed Tk'd in a ranked game. Ocean map my DD was capping A, my torp warning is sounding, fair enough 2 Japanese DD had fired torps at me which were missing. Booom I'm dead didn't think to look behind me for team mate torps. Nearest enemy was 9km away not even in the Cap. No way the idiot who spammed his torps at A was ever going to hit enemy.

218 posts
3,792 battles

What can we do. Experience was rewarded largely on damage inflicted on enemy. So everyone is trying to do damage and they sometimes take risk of hitting friendlies to achieve that end. That's why I don't play DD or IJN cruiser much. Even when you take great care of launching torps, there always a chance that some friendly ship will maneuver right into your torpedo path. Sometimes it's not really anyone's fault. Friendly fire bound to happen when you have so many ships maneuvering in such a limited space.

Beta Tester
317 posts
953 battles

What can we do. Experience was rewarded largely on damage inflicted on enemy. So everyone is trying to do damage and they sometimes take risk of hitting friendlies to achieve that end. That's why I don't play DD or IJN cruiser much. Even when you take great care of launching torps, there always a chance that some friendly ship will maneuver right into your torpedo path. Sometimes it's not really anyone's fault. Friendly fire bound to happen when you have so many ships maneuvering in such a limited space.

Friendly fire will happen less if players have better situational awareness before firing their weapon. Look at this friendly Yorck for example, what he was shooting his torpedoes into is still a big mystery for me, the enemy Gneisenau is turning behind the island, so there is no valid target for him:

Edited by Artisto81

119 posts
2,076 battles

[content removed]

Err was Hitler against World of Warships or something?

Did i miss that?

Quote updated.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking