Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
New_Horizontal

Seriously?

14 comments in this topic

250 posts
13,190 battles

well, I was shocked when I saw this

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/specials-and-events/santas-wanted/

you gonna gambling to get a good prize (While price is acceptable) and when I came over this forum

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/108583-santas-secret-stash-what-did-you-get/

I saw many people got Gremmyashy and Imperator Nikolai 1 ​  :amazed:

​I don't know what to say. This is what I concerned when introduction of loot box went live a couple of patches ago. I did not expect they really did this gambling for such a special containers. I mean is this the right way WG want to walk through? 

Have to say I'm with WG for most controversies but except this one. Money involved gambling should not be tolerate. 

Edited by New_Horizontal

440 posts
3,380 battles

But aren't most companies nowadays work their way like this? Just look at the gacha games:

5% to get super rare card! *spends lots of money just to get that card

250 posts
13,190 battles

But aren't most companies nowadays work their way like this? Just look at the gacha games:

5% to get super rare card! *spends lots of money just to get that card

​that's why I never even touch those games

I'm more concerned with the drop rate. iirc in China + Japan the drop rate for purchasable gambling items like these must be published.

I'm sure that drop rate is quite high (you can go read the forum I mentioned.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

On the plus side, these boxes are cheap and always bring decent value to the table,

unlike certain mmorpgs I've played that have a 0.001% chance for one of three epic items and

the rest is complete trash. :P

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

I do find it funny. In WoT the Christmas Tree and Snow KV-2 had $1 boxes but WG cited JP's gambling laws in the reason why the didn't have the $1 boxes in SEA. Seeing these "Secret Santa" boxes i'm seeing some hypocrisy and double standards.

[KMMHS]
37 posts
5,468 battles

I bought 20 $5 boxes, and end up with handreds of camos... No ships.. sad:(

pfgu5R4.jpg

Yeah it really sucks. Same thing happened to me. When you gamble, you lose. Learnt it the hard way once again ._.

250 posts
13,190 battles

Yeah it really sucks. Same thing happened to me. When you gamble, you lose. Learnt it the hard way once again ._.

yup, that's what I really concerned.   

Sign in to follow this