You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Turing

German DD firing penalty

18 comments in this topic

563 posts
4,686 battles

So WG just do a last minute rushed change making German DD completely unable to invisifire. I'm just confused why they do this massive changes while still letting everyone else capable of invisifiring. Also they don't do anything to compensate this. (Not giving back smoke duration and German hydro)

Why they don't increase penalty on other DD? USN and IJN can comfortably invisifire even without AFT, some RU DD can with AFT, but Germans?  even the small t2 have up to 7km concealment penalty when firing, which is almost equivalent to a BB firing penalty, even some cruiser has less concealment penalty.

Why not just make this invisifire changes universal rather than making this rushed changes without any compensation?

119 posts
2,071 battles

What annoys me the most is that they give one ship to youtubers, who of course go out and sing their praises, yet the ships we get are very different and we weren't forewarned.

I just dont get how they want us to use DD's atm. They seem to be wrecking the whole ship class with their decisions. 

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

removing stealth fire for slower and larger dd with huge turning circle is like death penalty. they added ruddershift 2 module as compensation but it means they will having hard time contesting cap points..

i heard that WG is slowly removing stealth fire, i don;t mine removing it from Cruiser as they have longer range and larger caliber guns but taking it away from dd is too much.

[BOTES]
438 posts
3,955 battles

Why do you want to invisifire anyway.....

What... isn't the capability to stealth fire a vital component to gunboat-style DD gameplay?

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

What... isn't the capability to stealth fire a vital component to gunboat-style DD gameplay?

Russian DDs usually don't invisifire I guess. And the Germans are probably not total gun-boat style, Z-52's upgraded torp seem pretty decent, 69knots with 1.4km detection and 10.5km range. The damage is a bit low tho

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

No it is not. PS I mostly play gunboat and I never felt the necessity to do invisi firing. I mean invisi-firing in open water. If you want to do better in gunboats, you cannot rely on invisifiring.
Edited by icy_phoenix