Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
amade

0.5.16 Bastion Mode Feedback

25 comments in this topic

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

What do you think of the new Bastion mode on North and Hotspot? Do you like the changes to fort mechanics? Any suggestions for improvements or more maps where it can be implemented? Feel free to post your feedback on it in this thread.

Super Tester
341 posts
2,790 battles

Hmmm... nothing makes me want to CV more than forts having AA comparative to a T9 Cruiser. Not to mention the feedback from people that the new mode is completely stupid (in terms of a gamemode). Friend say the forts just blow up DDs who try to cap. Maybe reserve this game mode for coop or allow people to choose if they want bastion game mode or not.

Edited by LunaticRed

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,020 battles

The forts definitely pack a punch now (they are an actual threat now) against both surface ships and aircraft. Against surface ships, they are now rightfully an actual obstacle (and deadly to solocapping DDs, which is hilarious given how often that occurs late game).

However, their AA seems very high even against high tier planes and the surveillance station takes next-to-no damage from even USN DBs (you need 6 hits to kill it IIRC). An armor nerf to the surveillance station against bombs and a lower AA value for the forts would be nice.

Edited by stratmania

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

An armor nerf to the surveillance station against bombs and a lower AA value for the forts would be nice.

Armor nerf would do nothing, as long as the bombs can pen it'll deal the same amount of damage. You can give it zero armor and it'll still deal the same amount of damage.

Instead, the hitbox for surveillance station should be made larger. I reckon that would also help surface ships to hit it too since they have a ridiculously difficult time doing so.

Super Tester
341 posts
2,790 battles

Decided to test more bastion, albeit only on hotspot. Sailing from spawn to the fort capture zone, My khabarovsk with SE managed to take 30 seconds off the cap before dying (25k HP). The guns have about a 20% fire chance and are somewhat accurate. I dread to know what the triple guns on North would do. 

As for the surveillance station, I dealt 300 damage with manual secondaries on the yamato by the time it took me to sail in and cap the zone. I find it impossible to hit the surveillance station with main gun batteries as well.

683 posts
7,358 battles

I don't know somehow i find that the fort on the eastern side of Northern Light/North map is a bit glitchy. I tried to hit it with Takao main guns but a lot of times fully missed. I didn't look at it as the shells landed as I was busy to stay afloat.

Yeah, now the guns are really really a thread. And its reload speed is kind of fast!

Now I felt that the surveillance post now much easier to be suppressed, which is good for players to try to recap a point,

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,020 battles

Armor nerf would do nothing, as long as the bombs can pen it'll deal the same amount of damage. You can give it zero armor and it'll still deal the same amount of damage.

Instead, the hitbox for surveillance station should be made larger. I reckon that would also help surface ships to hit it too since they have a ridiculously difficult time doing so.

Hmm, it seems that they have a base multiplier against damage now, huh... placing them in a n easier-to-hit spot would be nice as well; sparing an entire DB strike to knock one out is pointless.

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,507 battles

So many problems

- Having BBs and some CAs spotted from the very beginning is game breaking.

- Surveillance towers have hit boxes only on the top half, shells fly right through the bottom half.
- AVERAGE EXP/CREDIT GAIN IS STILL VERY LOW, literally no one benefits from this game mode.

- AA is way too strong, Its a no fly zone for CVs

Suggestions I would like to make

- Distribute exp/credit equally to everyone on the team for damage caused by forts.

- Make the surveillance towers very fragile and make their hit boxes larger.

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,052 battles

Major problem with Hotspot, from the moment you load on BB's & the Moskva are immediately spotted. Thais is seriously crap please change it.

1,386 posts
8,237 battles

I want to rant about this mode.

THIS MODE WAS STUPID, AND THE STUPIDITY HAS INCREASED.

While capping and suppressing forts is key to winning, the forts are very dangerous for destroyers once activated. And capping and suppressing forts aren't rewarding, making the EXP/credits income for this mode very low and players reluctant to do so. The forts' gun fire are too powerful and annoying, especially because they fire HE at a high RoF. Also hitting the fort doesn't count as hit in statistics, causing a low MBH for players trying to supress forts.

And the surveillance station is **** hard to hit.

Just remove this mode from normal battles(PvE random ranked team) plz, probably everyone will be happy.

Edited by _Halcyon

14 posts
4,949 battles

Not rewarding to go near it in a DD - gives too much power to the team holding it.

You can take this mode and put it on the dark side of the moon - I believe the sun does not shine there.

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,863 battles

The attacking forts makes comeback more difficult. The surveillance station is a bit too wonky to aim for BBs, even from 10~15km.

[SXLCE]
40 posts
3,287 battles

Fort is OP. I was gunned down in my battleships by these things. They deal like 2k damage every 3 seconds and set you on fire. I thankfully haven't encounter bastion in my dd yet.

[-SZY-]
211 posts

Bad fort hit box, fort become awfully annoying and very discouraging capping(WG no longer want people to play objective wtf?) and exp earning is the same as playing tier 3 ships

14 posts
4,949 battles

This mode is a race with DDs to the fort - second one there can hang around and try and spot enemy DD for team. IF team fire on it and destroy it you have a chance. If you stay and first DD caps you will die. If you fight, all things being equal, better gunboat wins duel. If you see enemy has started to cap and you run you just hand it to the enemy. How does a DD recapture? Even if you creep in with smoke, there are so many ships with radar it's not funny. Smoke = torp magnet from every mother-lover who is in range with torps and even CVs. EVERY class now has torpedoes.

WG if you want DDs out of the game just keep up the love. Unwanted (by some) IJN DD changes  / German DD gun bloom bait and switch / soon to be invis firing nerf (rumor). And if DDs are some player's favourite ship...

You want us to play high tier matches. If there is no reward for high tier DDs then there is no point in playing. Sure I can hug the edge of the map like some BBs, but where is the fun in that?

Some people will agree with me and some won't, I don't mind either way. You want feedback - this is my opinion.

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles

I think bation mode should go maintenance.

If someone cap for first time, it is very hard for other teams to cap unless BB or CA tanks the bation.

Second, the position of bation cap is very awkward.

For example look at the Hot spot bation mode....

Only DD can cap first time is number 3.

Others are impossible to cap, and also it discourages both teams to use either islands as tactic, because if they do so, they will be hitted by hard hitting bation.

Third there is no exp or damage count for destroying bation or radar (?)....

I think this is why everyone hates bation mode.

If you don't hit the bation, bation will hit you hard,

but if you hit bation, you will lose a lot of exp......

Edited by Cutie_Destroyer

[SGC]
197 posts
10,285 battles

*Groans while rubbing nose bridge*

I hate Bastion Mode, nuff said.

Minutes before I posted this I was using my Zao. Im not gonna go into too much details so here's a brief summary of what happened:

Damage caused to ships: 22 137

Suppression Damage: 278480; 4 forts suppressed

Potential Damage: 3 483 965

In other words, for the entire duration of the match I was completely occupied with taking down the forts while the rest of my team engaged (though pitifully) the opposing team; all the while dodging fire from 4-6 ships at any given time.

I dealt 300k in this match, but 90% of it was just to take down the damn forts and became the ultimate WASD hacker to dodge fire from warships and fortresses alike.

Just.... uuuugggggghhhh OAO

Edited by seiji09

Sign in to follow this