Sign in to follow this  
Sy_dn_ey

Few questions about Co-op battles

22 comments in this topic

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

In co-op battles;

How do you know which are the human players if any? Sometimes i see  a pink ship icon, is that it?

Are you very likely to end up with all human players on your team?

Even if i have a bad run, mostly my team wins in Co-op, but sometimes not? Kinda curious what are the circumstances when the AI wins?

Recently... i thought i noticed the AI improved? Was it improved? or was i just tired or something?

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,836 posts
4,138 battles

a bot name will look like *name*  and it will generally just be a single name.

The pinkies are generally human players that have caused team damage.

Ai improvements happen every now and again.  AI plays very aggressively compared to a lot of humans on the server.

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

a bot name will look like *name*  and it will generally just be a single name.

The pinkies are generally human players that have caused team damage.

Ai improvements happen every now and again.  AI plays very aggressively compared to a lot of humans on the server.

Ok so nothing definite, on the Bot/human ID

Team damage, ahhhh, can bots be pink?

Indeed!

Thanks

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

I kinda wish i watched those losing games more closely to see what went wrong?

All i know is that the AI pushes hard for the cap zones, but also sometimes they get it in their head to chase my ship relentlessly... i guarantee they always lose those battles since they abandoned their team to chase me, of course they will lose doing that.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts

AI will always push center or to the objective.

If you are being targeted by the bots, you are either;

1. Pushing too fast, alone (YOLOing) or,

2. AI has identified you as the biggest threat in their engagement area.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Fun fact, when u r the only 1 human player against all bot, when you died, the game end as draw

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,836 posts
4,138 battles

I hate it when my team consists entirely of bots.

They never follow any instructions. :(

toh9JRh.jpg

As expected, B became a bloodbath.

Difference to randoms.................nil

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Good thing to know:the AI usually targets Destroyers,then Cruiser,then Battleships.Have seen someone mention that they will target Carriers overall,but as the friendly ones hang at the back I haven't seen this myself.

So when you are playing,keep this in mind.If you are in a destroyer,try and stay out of sight if you want to live longer! ( Learn to use the DD concealment so they can't see you.)

They also not team kill u

I have seen plenty of times a -1 appear in front of a bots name,either on the enemy or friendly team!

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Sorry for confusingly said about team kill.

Because i often bring BB or CA to play and snipe from away, that is why i told that bot wont try kill you. They only launch torp if enemy in their range. While in random, some even launch torp in spawn area

Edited by XP_On

Super Tester
7,558 posts
8,001 battles

Go too close to them, they won't torp you. Show them broadside, they will never miss your citadel if you are the target. Let them charge mid, you just farm damage and XP. In standard mode, bots will just charge into your cap and then charge back to closest ship, they will never actually cap you.

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

Thanks for all the interesting posts everyone, very interesting!

In Co-op i am mostly in my molotov, and my usual strategy is to angle around the flank and snipe from long range. There will usually be a flanking group of 2 or three enemy ships which i will usually hit pretty hard and set on fire kind of thing.... it seems to piss them off? lol

Then they all target me and i start angling back towards my team... often they will get citadels which then forces me to reduce the angle and head directly back towards my starting point, hence the chase begins, and they will chase me right to the edge of my starting point! meanwhile the rest of the AI team gets wiped out and the AI ships chasing me get wiped out next, since they were busy chasing me instead of helping their team.

5 posts
278 battles

There is some very interesting info in this thread. After playing for just over 3 weeks, I find that I spend a lot of time in Coop mode learning how to use my ship and watching game play. I also can't be bothered to wait for the MM. My last random fight consisted of my ship vs one other player. Hardly worth the 5 minute wait. 

Annoyingly, it seems that the Coop battles are made up of ppl like me who are learning the game and often make crazy mistakes.

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

There is some very interesting info in this thread. After playing for just over 3 weeks, I find that I spend a lot of time in Coop mode learning how to use my ship and watching game play. I also can't be bothered to wait for the MM. My last random fight consisted of my ship vs one other player. Hardly worth the 5 minute wait. 

Annoyingly, it seems that the Coop battles are made up of ppl like me who are learning the game and often make crazy mistakes.

I would say there are plenty of experienced players in Co-op as well - mainly during off peak times when Random is being slow assed.... goodness, how many times i have said "F it" left a random queue and gone into Co-op!, must be the same for many others??

Sign in to follow this