Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
legionary2099

How to get dreadnought for mission

14 comments in this topic

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,491 battles

Guys can anyone suggest a ship or shipline for achieving dreadnought award ? Specifically 1 tier VIII and 1 below it that can achieve it fairly comfortably .

I currently have maxed out Colorado , 5 Kongo - nearly reached Fuso and Kaiser. I have a fairly hard time collecting the dreadnought reward because i find that it is just too much to get burn and retreat at the right moment then come back. I more like yolo lead the charge and either smash the other team or die trying :( , showing broadside i eat just too many shell to repair and reach that reward.

Any suggestion will be welcomed , and yes i am not a very gud bb captain 

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Use all of your healing consumable on any ship your total health at the end of the battle needs to be around 10-20%... and you got your dreadnought award(achievement).

Let a single fire burn you then use heal...... don't take citadel hits because you cannot heal back from them....

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

44 posts
6,370 battles

Guys can anyone suggest a ship or shipline for achieving dreadnought award ? Specifically 1 tier VIII and 1 below it that can achieve it fairly comfortably .

I currently have maxed out Colorado , 5 Kongo - nearly reached Fuso and Kaiser. I have a fairly hard time collecting the dreadnought reward because i find that it is just too much to get burn and retreat at the right moment then come back. I more like yolo lead the charge and either smash the other team or die trying :( , showing broadside i eat just too many shell to repair and reach that reward.

Any suggestion will be welcomed , and yes i am not a very gud bb captain 

You've answered your own question. Unless you break off to heal you won't get one.

250 posts
13,184 battles

well that was fairy easy but be careful when you do

- Take ship with RP2/DCP2.

- Wise use of DCP and RP.

+ do not use DCP when one fire only.

+ use RP only when maximum recoverable achieved. 

+ Avoid get citadel/Torpedo by any means.

- pick a fight: do not over extended yourself and make sure you can control engagement direction e.g. use island as cover.

- be in front, be a bait, call HE spammers to punish you, do not camping like a scrub.

- retreat when you have < 20% of your total hit-points.

this should be enough to get dreadnought

P.S. Bismarck might be a best choice for this but whatever, you have no means to rush your progress on campaign.

1,386 posts
8,248 battles

You've answered your own question. Unless you break off to heal you won't get one.

Actually the Dreadnought is 120% the base HP, survivability expert doesn't count.

So if you have a DD, let's say have 15000 HP and is T10, and your cap has SE, you can have Dreadnought on this DD if you take more than 15000*120%=18000 and survive, which is lower than 15000(base)+4000(SE)

Edited by _Halcyon

266 posts
5,142 battles

The best way to get dreadnought is to not try to get it. Trust me. :D

On a serious note. If you can upgrade your Colorado to North Carolina, that ship is really good at getting dreadnought, even when stock.

Just stay at mid range and point your bow on everything. And if you have concealment module + concealment expert you can easily break off detection when your health is low.

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

You can get it on any bb to be honest. Use the heal flag, add premium heal and repairs to make sure you get max health all the time. Hit heal as soon as you get a fire but most importantly stay towards the front as you need to take damage but try to have an exit strategy so you can run away and heal up. Not to far though as you need to get back into the front line to take more damage....

Continue and repeat as much as you can... I have 5 heals and I tend to go through most if not all of them at higher tiers.

You should get this reward everyday playing bb's, which keeps the heal flags always topped up..

Edited by Ensign_Brendoonigan

Sign in to follow this