You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
silenthunter19944

Advantages that USN BB have over other nation ?

85 comments in this topic

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Hi all, I've been noticing a lot of whining about USN BBs lately everywhere. The main point that everyone brings up is that USN BB have no advantages over their counterparts. People also say AA is irrelevant because USN BBs only get the best AA suit at tier 8 and beyond, tier 3-7 AA have been power-creeped by KM BB. Because of this, USN BBs have virtually no advantages over other nation's BB. Armour? AA ? KM BB, Firepower, speed, accuracy, manoeuvrability ? IJN BB. From what I've seen USN BB only have a slight turning circle advantage at lower tier due to their slow speed. I've had some experiences with IJN BBs but not KM BBs. So please, enlighten me, what advantages do USN BBs have over other nations BB ?

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Just tell me what are you trying to prove with all of your posts???? 

Anyway...... I've brought myself some french fries...... and some chips if someone wants them......

1,386 posts
8,230 battles

High tier US battleships do have exceptionally great accuracy. At high tier, their AA is still better than KM's. Montana's TDS isn't as stupid as GK's. And low tier standard battleships do have great TDS (NM and Colorado). NY kinda sucks tho, but Wyoming is definitely far far better than a Myogi.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

Hi all, I've been noticing a lot of whining about USN BBs lately everywhere.

the only one i have seen complaining hat USN BBs are UP here is you, and you have raised this topic MANY times, and each time many people have came out and pointed out where USN BB are exceptional ie. concealment, AA, and accuracy

this topic is getting old...

563 posts
4,686 battles

Do not bring NA topics and attitude here. Zoup video doesn't even have any sense

USN BB has great maneuverability and concealment, the best AA, and good accuracy.

Underpowered?

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

the only one i have seen complaining hat USN BBs are UP here is you, and you have raised this topic MANY times, and each time many people have came out and pointed out where USN BB are exceptional ie. concealment, AA, and accuracy

this topic is getting old...

I suppose that you haven't check Youtube and Reddit lately

[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
82 posts
11,152 battles

Do not bring NA topics and attitude here. Zoup video doesn't even have any sense

USN BB has great maneuverability and concealment, the best AA, and good accuracy.

Underpowered?

This.

Zoup's vid was about as whiny as ichase's rants about the Alabama and 'interview' with WOWS developers. Cringe-worthy stuff.

Zoup also attempted to make his point using overall server average stats which is just dumb. If you wanted to make a point about anything using stats, you really need to dig into the stats a lot deeper than just taking the mean of a particular data point across a whole server.

My 2 cents FWIW;

Tier 3 - meh, who cares, most people still learning

Tier 4 - Wyoming is great, with 12 x 12" guns it can out blast anything in a brawling match. Probably not great for learning however you spend half the battle broadside, but it's fun at least

Tier 5 - Kongo is still one of the best tier for tier BBs in the game. Texas is great if you bought for it's AA power, but yes the New York is probably one of the weaker BBs. Konig is great definitely but the USN BB's stack up pretty well

Tier 6 - New Mexico is great fun in a brawl. Tier 6 is tough though atm because MM likes to put you in t8 games. Fuso is useful because of it's great range, Warspite goes well with 15" boom sticks and Bayern for same reason. All pretty even if you ask me...

Tier 7 - Nagato definitely simply due to better range and dispersion. That said the Colorado gets the USN AP shells which hit harder than IJN and KM. Trouble is that it's slower...

Tier 8 - North Carolina is hands down the best t8 BB in the game, USN AP shells hit harder than Mike Tyson, AA is out of this world and still useful at this tier because you do see CV's still on a regular basis. Bismarck is scary in up close brawling thanks to secondaries, but that's its thing - it also only has 15" guns and 8 of them at that. Tirpitz similarly but with torps. Amagi is a rail gun but you're turning in and out a lot to get a full broadside out. Yes NC can be citadelled easily, but if you know that you play accordingly and so you should by the time you reach tier 8.

Tier 9 - Missouri for sure, same AP shells as North Carolina, radar, better amour than Iowa. Izumo is like a baby Yamato and handles like it. FDG is just awful apparently, haven't driven it and so i can't really comment.

Tier 10 - Yamato, no explanation needed - although, I just bought Montana and am quite enjoying it. The extra 3 guns in some way makes up for smaller calibre but like NC, Iowa, Missouri it's easily citadelled broadside...but so is Yamato. GF does make a case to be extremely strong with great secondaries and carrying the hydro consumable.

Zoup, like most Americans, just expect everything American in the game to dominate. Played correctly, USN BBs are solid in their own right. Other BBs are better in certain areas, but in high tiers the USN BBs have those epic 16" AP shells that show no mercy. And the USN BBs look the prettiest :B

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

yes yes, zoup's nonsense video where he stated that KM BBs have taken over the role of USN BBs, well. no. they haven't

guess which server has been ranting about USN BBs?

NA

which server has a broadside meta and dont know the meaning of WASD?

NA

what BBs has bad side armor but can bounce 410 shells with ease?

USN

what BBs cannot be citadeled even when totally broadsided and have secoundaries do a lot of the work for them?

KM

so you have a server where the meta is broadside(NA) whining about how KM BBs are so much better then USN when they dont even know how to angle USN properly and use it's AB-X turret layout efficiency , and say a ship that cannot be citadeled even when driven by broadsiding noobs is totally OP...

i have inculded a assesment by myself from expricene playing these ships on how good they are in their respective tiers, i see nowhere in this chart where the USN line is very UP in any manner, of course, this is just my oppinion, feel free to post about it if you feel i'm wrong

T3koing albert>> nassau>kawachi>SC

T4kaiser=wyoming>myogi

T5kaiser=kongo=texas>NY

T6bayern<newmex=fuso=arizona<dunkek=warspite

T7genis=colorado>scharnhorst>nagato

T8NC=amagi=bismark=tirpitz

T9fred=iowa>izumo

T10montana=yamato=GK

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

IIRC it has the 3rd best disperson in game, becuse of it's low HP, it's actually more   resistant to fires then say, a nagato or genis. if the genis and scharnhorst can be said as the best CQC BBs at T7, the colorado is 100% the best support ship at T7

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

I reiterate: Montana > Yamato.

it depends on the situation and server i guess, on NA, the meta is BB spam, so the 460 guns on the yamato seem much more powerful then the montana's 406, and are very consistent, but here on asia we have a cusier/DD meta and in this case a Montana is better

[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
82 posts
11,152 battles

Whoops, forgot the Scharnhorst...how could I forget that! I don't rate the Gneisenau as highly as other t7 BBs due to the fact it only has 6 guns and only 15" at that. Colorado and Nagato get 16 and 16.1" guns respectively, and so in a gunnery dual they would generally win out. The KM BB's just offer something different and that I reckon is the great thing about the game. Different ships offer different things depending on what you as the player prefer. 

Not sure about NC = Amagi = Bismarck = Tirpitz, I think the NC offers a bit more than it's peers but I guess it's personal preference with this sort of thing

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

I still have some French Fries and Chips left........ for anyone who wants to enjoy this post xD......

And I was expecting these reactions anyway  :teethhappy:..

If you really wanna talk about USN BBs being UP then it is not at their tier which they are struggling they are struggling with +2 MM... Ships like New York, New Mexico cannot go up against T7 or T8 respectively.... Their armor cannot take that much of a beating.. If you compare solely to their teir and make them go one on one against each other I'd say USN ships will come out average.... IJN being on Bottom.... KM BBs being on top... and Even on that it is all about player's skill....

And I think USN BBs are fine when it comes to +1 MM and I've seen lot of players carry matches in New Mexico and Colorado..... NC, Iowa and Montana are extremely good besides them showing broadside.... and if you take Wyoming into consideration.... Dude it is where players start to understand what or how an actual BB should be played..

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

I still have some French Fries and Chips left........ for anyone who wants to enjoy this post xD......

And I was expecting these reactions anyway  :teethhappy:..

If you really wanna talk about USN BBs being UP then it is not at their tier which they are struggling they are struggling with +2 MM... Ships like New York, New Mexico cannot go up against T7 or T8 respectively.... Their armor cannot take that much of a beating.. If you compare solely to their teir and make them go one on one against each other I'd say USN ships will come out average.... IJN being on Bottom.... KM BBs being on top... and Even on that it is all about player's skill....

I might say that IJN and USN are on par with each other though if i don't consider IJN BBs stock hulls into account. My fully upgraded IJN BB can pretty much dominate the KM BBs :trollface:

Anw, pass me some :teethhappy:

40 posts
2,588 battles

IIRC it has the 3rd best disperson in game, becuse of it's low HP, it's actually more   resistant to fires then say, a nagato or genis. if the genis and scharnhorst can be said as the best CQC BBs at T7, the colorado is 100% the best support ship at T7

The sigma is a laughable way to compare accuracy when the vertical axis for the dispersion elipse isn't published (and is server side and non trivial to estimate).  My experience with the Colorado is it deals lots of damage, after the damage ceases to matter.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

I might say that IJN and USN are on par with each other though if i don't consider IJN BBs stock hulls into account. My fully upgraded IJN BB can pretty much dominate the KM BBs :trollface:

Anw, pass me some :teethhappy:

Like I said it comes down to player's skill... Why I said IJN ships come below USN because of their accuracy.... You can see USN ship pretty much getting shots on point where as IJN ships have accuracy issue if you remove Nagato and Amagi out of the equation...It is like a Stalemate between them but at some moment in battle USN ships get ahead... 

And to say the truth IJN and KM BBs have more fire probability compared to USN ships.....

Kek here ...

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Like I said it comes down to player's skill... Why I said IJN ships come below USN because of their accuracy.... You can see USN ship pretty much getting shots on point where as IJN ships have accuracy issue if you remove Nagato and Amagi out of the equation...It is like a Stalemate between them but at some moment in battle USN ships get ahead... 

Kek here ...

maxresdefault.jpg

Why leave out Yamato with that 2.1 Sigma value ?:trollface:

BTW, Fries seems stale :amazed:

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

And to say the truth IJN and KM BBs have more fire probability compared to USN ships.....

Kek here ...

maxresdefault.jpg

Dunno why but when i'm in an IJN BB and my friend in a USN BB. I usually survive longer than him even though we are going together and i often earn more exp than him (until we got to T8). And our skills is equal in a BB

Btw, in my place i usually eat Fries with salt :teethhappy: