You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
WeiKiat

How to citadel germans

8 comments in this topic

14 posts
4,524 battles

As everyone know,those German BB has extremely annoying turtleback armor makes them unable to be citadeled at short distance,but their armor seems to have weak spot because I have experienced hitting the citadel with only 203 gun at long range.I used the training room and hit F.Der and G.Kur with North Carolina  gun from 12km/15km/18km and 3 different directions separately,even all the ship was sunk I never saw a single citadel hit.

So anybody know how to citadel those German ship?

I really appreciate your teaching!!

Edited by WeiKiat

Super Tester
7,793 posts
8,043 battles

I do it pretty regularly with NC and Iowa at 15+ km but it is not really I did it cause I wanted to, more like it happens with high caliber and high arc shells of NC / Iowa etc. Also GK is much easier to citadel than Bismarck or FDG.

At close range, I was able to do it only a handful of times with high velocity shells like Amagi's. When KM BBs turn in and you can see the red lines lifted up in the water. Shoot like a tiny little bit below water line. Just a slight. If your RNG works you will get citadel on Bismarck and FDG that way.

[MEGA]
4,680 posts
18,037 battles

dont say the N word in the forums, you'll get banned like i was, i l suggest you change it

as for KM BBs, the scharnhorst, and bismark sisters all have a weakness in the armor scheme below the 2nd turret, aim there or wait untill the KM becomes a Dummkopf and shows his Roten Schlüpfer at you, then you can Scheiße him and watch him be pissed because you durchdringen his pretty  ship

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

For the Derpitz, aim below at the red area at the bottom of the hull IIRC. Rest of them can only be citadeled by plunging fire at mid to long ranges.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i citadel frederic de grosse with New orleans before. heavy AP, high arc for plungin fire works

also i citadel a bismarck and tirptiz below 5km with Biscmarcks guns before. i aim above their belt and hit near their front turrets, i someone explained in this forum before that if you hit their barbets it can cause citadel damage.

219 posts
3,898 battles

i citadel frederic de grosse with New orleans before. heavy AP, high arc for plungin fire works

also i citadel a bismarck and tirptiz below 5km with Biscmarcks guns before. i aim above their belt and hit near their front turrets, i someone explained in this forum before that if you hit their barbets it can cause citadel damage.

At close range, I often aim for the barbettes. I don't think it's citadel damage. More like a magazine explosion. The damage from barbette hit doesn't seem to be as high as citadel hit, and you won't get a ribbon for it.