Sign in to follow this  
BunnyDragon

Begininers' Guide To BattleShips Part 5

3 comments in this topic

423 posts

Hello again everyone,

Been a long time.  This is the next to last one.

Ok, before I start this wall of text, I'll let you know what you are getting.  This issue is covering Tiers 6 and 7, not 8 as I haven't played that one yet.  And the last last one will cover ranked battles with battleships including my limited knowledge of Premiums in rank. Ok, enough yak, let's get started.

Tier 6, Congrats!  You shouldn't be learning any new ship maneuvers for your ship.  The only new maneuvers you should be learning involve teamwork. Where you should go on which map with which ships.  This is personal style and good mm as well for you to get teammates who will work with you.  Try chat, everyone, it really works! :trollface:  But, you should already be learning this in lower tiers.

Now, in T5 you if you learned how to aim well, you got the power to delete cruisers.  Now, if you play correctly and the other player isn't, you can delete battleships in 1 or 2 salvos.  2 true stories, took a full health Kongo to dead in 1 salvo in a New Mexico and 2 shotted (is that word?) an Amagi in my Fuso when both of these players gave me broadside. Now remember, if you can do this, so can the other guy, be careful.

The one very important thing that T6 makes you learn, often the hard way, is how to research your ship.  B HULL! Sorry for shouting, but go for b hull first.  If you can,  free xp to the b hull.  You get more health, better turn speed for torpedo beats, and most importantly, you get T6 shells in your battleship.  Yes, that's right, you get in the stock hull the same shells as from T5 c hull, just with a higher shell speed.  So that is the big lesson you have to learn, is wait on everything else, but go straight for the b hull.  

Tier 7

The last tier before the upper tiers, (I consider any tier that can see a Yamato upper tier).  Again, no new ship maneuvers and you really should be decent at team work by now.  Once you retrain your captain and get B hull, you really will have a nice time.  In a lot of ways, T7 is a break before the upper tiers, except for the one thing that most people don't realize that you MUST DO before you even take your ship out of port.  If you don't do this, you will have a bad time. 

You must buy all the modules in the slots for your ship.  Once you do this, even stock hull and retraining a captain, the ship is playable if tough.  Before, you could get away with almost no modules on your ship and do well, now, you won't.  So this is now an added expense that you have to include into your budget before you take your ship out.  For T7 you have the cost of retraining, 200,000 silver, and 125,000, 250,000, 500,000, and 1,000,000 for 2,075,000 extra credits just to take your ship out of port the first time AND NOT have a bad time.  For T8 you have to toss another 2 million on top of that for an extra slot, which you really need for those T10 ships. 

Enjoy the guide to the lower and middle tiers, I really don't know about T8 and up as I haven't played those yet and to be honest, I've noticed from the good players in this range, a change in play meta and will find out what that's all about. 

When I next post, I'll link all the past posts to it as well for easier reading. 

God Speed, and fair winds and tides!

GET SOME SAILORS!

440 posts
3,379 battles

Is getting the modules really necessary for tier 7? I've been good in my nagato (still in stock). Sometimes RNG may make my shots miss, but other times it can give me nice hits

423 posts

Is getting the modules really necessary for tier 7? I've been good in my nagato (still in stock). Sometimes RNG may make my shots miss, but other times it can give me nice hits

I find that yes it is necessary.  By modules, I mean the upgrade options, such as main armement upgrade or fire control which increases your accuracy by 5%.  Those are the ones you need to start having on your ship before you head out of port.  They help make stock and captain retraining playable.  Everyone ship, no matter the class, that I took out without those, it was an aweful experiance, but once I bought them, then the play became better, same hull and captain not retrained yet. 

If you are doing well, without them, good for you! 

Keep up the good play, cause, I most certainly need them at T7 and up to help me out.

Sign in to follow this