Sy_dn_ey

Just out of interest... how often do you forget the ship your in?

44 comments in this topic

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

Its amazing how often i go into a match and think i am in a particular ship and not.... rushing to a forward position and trying to set a smoke screen then discover i have no smoke screen?? huh? oh, shit, that's rite, i am in my Molotov!

I am repeatedly doing it..... beginning to think i must be a real dunce! lol

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

first of all pay more attention.

using a different type of ship need different kind of tactic and plan.

i see you have a premium of tier 6 while the normal ship u have is still tier 3. i strongly suggest you play more in the tier 3 and unlock tier 4 and go on rather than jumping to tier 6. it kinda hard tier.

also, if you see me online, just send me message. if i can then i will division with you :D i dont mind low tier or coop match 

Super Tester
1,310 posts

kongo~

i got 5 kongo's in port and sometimes i choose wrong kongo to enter the battle :facepalm:

when in the battle : oh crap.. why kirishima.. the captain in kirishima is not spec-ed yet :facepalm:

[PANTS]
188 posts
10,304 battles

Accidentally picked Shoukaku (Last time I played CV was months ago before then) and was thrown into a T10 game Bastion mode 

Was a complete disaster... :trollface:

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,858 battles

I had it a lot, probably needs to consume more Equils :trollface:

Like trying to launch 3rd torpedo salvo in Hatsuharu thinking I'm still in Akatsuki.

Trying to invis firing in Shimakaze and then I realized I can't because I'm not Yuugumo

Pressing Y in Sims because I thought it is Benson in which I equipped speed boost and I triggered DFAA instead

496 posts
4,169 battles

yes this happens a few time but its not like its that terrible one example

takes cruiser into battle

* move with teammates (dd, div mate)* 

me : okay let me smoke first since im bad at DD, wait im in a cruiser LOL

everyone else : laughs

- welp - was fun, no serious things just taken some hits...

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Some time ago (True Story)

Had been using Polandball mostly (Byskawika) to grind the captain skill. Some few games later, I entered battle rushed forward spotted a few DD and started opening fire like I do in the Polandball. "Why does my gun seem to have a shorter range?" It was then I realized I had entered battle with Minekaze........

(Needless to say I got beaten up quite badly that game, but survived somehow :amazed: )

Edited by Windforce

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

first of all pay more attention.

using a different type of ship need different kind of tactic and plan.

i see you have a premium of tier 6 while the normal ship u have is still tier 3. i strongly suggest you play more in the tier 3 and unlock tier 4 and go on rather than jumping to tier 6. it kinda hard tier.

also, if you see me online, just send me message. if i can then i will division with you :D i dont mind low tier or coop match 

Glad to see its not just me then, thanks to all... these stories make a good laugh :)

XP_on... yes, i soon realized your point.... I got the Molotov because that was the ship i saw available in the 'cruiser week' promotion. I did not see the 'Aurora' available in the tech tree until afterwards.

Anyway, that tier 3 ship the bogotov or something like that, is the one i decided to do most of my random battles in and work the upgrades, just to see how it all works.

Now, strangely, the Molotov is actually easier in random battles than co-op! If i am on an aggressive team, it is easy to follow the crowd and get allot of hits in, whereas in co-op, oh boy, the AI loves to chase the molotov relentlessly! hahahaha

Edit: how do i see if your online?

Edited by Sy_dn_ey

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

The first week of play i did not have this problem because it was on the standard zoomed in viewpoint where you can see the front of the ship, So i easily know exactly what ship i am on.... however i was running aground and colliding like crazy since the zoomed view has very poor peripheral. Then i noticed on the YouTube videos that players have a good high up view of their ship? Ok so i look in settings and find the option and changed it (also the mouse wheel does it but i did not know). Anyway, with the zoomed out view, it is far easier to wrongly identify the ship IF (IF) i am not paying attention, which unfortunately is my problem! lol

But, i am starting to get into the habit of looking closely to confirm which ship i am on

(and i have to do that because i seemingly cannot remember what i was doing in the port 1 minute ago)

Edited by Sy_dn_ey

2,221 posts
13,701 battles

Do you mean "why isn't my BB dancing like a DD?". Yeah, I sometimes get a bit optimistic in my expectations of handling and responsiveness. 

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

Do you mean "why isn't my BB dancing like a DD?". Yeah, I sometimes get a bit optimistic in my expectations of handling and responsiveness. 

Well i have only tried Russian DD's and whatever is the stock tier 3 one i am using, it does not seem to do much 'dancing', so when i switch to the Molotov, i did not easily notice the poorer handling, and only when i try to use smoke, do i discover my mistake! lol

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Well i have only tried Russian DD's and whatever is the stock tier 3 one i am using, it does not seem to do much 'dancing', so when i switch to the Molotov, i did not easily notice the poorer handling, and only when i try to use smoke, do i discover my mistake! lol

you might want to try kutozov then.

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

you might want to try kutozov then.

I will have a look thanks.

I am not too serious about DD's though.... i was for a while when i was excited about the campaigns, but i soon realized the torpedo linked missions are not happening, so i lost interest.

Every now and then when i die early in a game, i can escape to the port and give my DD a run while i wait for my other ship to return.

But i suppose It would be handy to have a DD that could turn to avoid torpedoes? or turn fast for faster deployment of torps?

You see, the tier 2 Russian DD i will not be interested in that because it is below the cut off for the campaign, so i go straight to the tier 3, so if it is bad, i got nothing to compare it with other than what i observe other DD;s doing.

105 posts
13,278 battles

Its amazing how often i go into a match and think i am in a particular ship and not.... rushing to a forward position and trying to set a smoke screen then discover i have no smoke screen?? huh? oh, shit, that's rite, i am in my Molotov!

I am repeatedly doing it..... beginning to think i must be a real dunce! lol

Its important to know well your opponent/enemy and your ship's capability....its a must for me..so you know what your doing.:popcorn:
Edited by wulung

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

Its important to know well your opponent/enemy and your ship's capability....its a must for me..so you know what your doing.:popcorn:

Well there are different levels of knowing what you are doing.... if i know what ship i am on, and which way the ship will turn, then i kinda feel like i know what i am doing!!!

As opposed to thinking i am in a destroyer when i am in a cruiser, or thinking the ship will turn one way and then "oh, its turning that way is it, well, ok, its not what i expected but i will go with it" Or "oh its turning that way is it? Ok i'll just die now i guess" lol

Know thy enemy eh? Hahahaha, nope, know thy self first!

Edited by Sy_dn_ey

980 posts
12,617 battles

Yeah. Many times. Sometimes when I'm sailing a Chester, I wonder why everything is going wrong, and then eventually I realise I'm actually sailing a steel turd. 

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

Please remember that this thread is in the Newcomers Zone which is moderated heavily as stated by WG Staff in this post.

~ADM_dude_SG