You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

Team balance off the scale

15 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

The last 4 or 5 days has been atrocious for me in game with teams just dominating the other and potatoes galore, the last one I'm assuming is due to schools holidays.

Today alone I've had losses where the enemy has lost no ships twice, 2 with only one ship and four times where they have lost 3.

Teams just seem to be melting away with most having no idea of where to go or what to do and I seem to be stuck with them nearly every game.

Perhaps I have upset the RNG gods or something and if so I'll gladly sacrifice my first born in order to relieve almost a week of utter frustration.

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

Something something rigged MM. This coming from someone who kept getting into tier 8 games while being a tier 6. It's pretty suffering knowing you have to depend on your potatoes to do things for you.

Best streak was eight or nine tier 8 games in a row.

753 posts
8,965 battles

Something something rigged MM. This coming from someone who kept getting into tier 8 games while being a tier 6. It's pretty suffering knowing you have to depend on your potatoes to do things for you.

Best streak was eight or nine tier 8 games in a row.

I'm not referring to the 2+ MM (which is ludicrous and why 5 friends I introduced to this game no longer play), I'm talking about team balance as it seems atm that player experience is not taken into account due to the fact that it seems to be rather one sided currently in the majority of matches.

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

It's normally one sided because of the tier spread as well as how the top tier plays. If your top tier doesn't do well, you're going to see your team getting destroyed one by one while the enemy doesn't.

Also, the more you win, the higher the chance of getting potato teams. Take that with a grain of salt, but based on experience, it hold true for me at least.

54 posts
7,230 battles

Same mixed bag as normal here, though the match with 3 AFk's (all top tier including 2 of 3 dd's) all on my side with none on the other was a new low........

2,220 posts
13,691 battles

Yup. I jumped on yesterday and got hammered. Pretty much always bottom tier. Team melting away. Sadly my actually damage tally was low because I was experiencing lag problems and RJN decided it would be funny if my salvos would land shells that spread to both sides of the target but still wouldn't hit ship. Even so I was top 5 most matches, which in context is sad.

341 posts
4,007 battles

Haven't won once in 10 battles over the last 2 days, but my performance is getting progressively better.

Playing in only Tier 7 ships...

-Faced Tier 9 in 6 of these battles

-And Tier 8 in 2.

-Effectively, detonated by based RNG in a Myoko.

-Average damage went up by 9K and increasing still.

I can't help but feel that it's my fault, though I keep convincing myself it isn't...

- I see a DD and cruiser going YOLO into a capture point and dying despite half the team telling them to stop, then expressing surprise in chat when they die.

- I see AFKs on my team twice in a row. 

- I see Tier 8s and 9s basecamping at range and being outscored by Tier 7s and 6s.

- I see that one guy who is commanding the team despite being the first to die without even breaking 500 experience and calling me useless.

- And last battle, a pink Omaha tried to TK me, missed his torps and then suicide charged away, dying immediately.

Time to take a break?

[MEGA]
4,563 posts
17,557 battles

I'm not referring to the 2+ MM (which is ludicrous and why 5 friends I introduced to this game no longer play), I'm talking about team balance as it seems atm that player experience is not taken into account due to the fact that it seems to be rather one sided currently in the majority of matches.

only thing that is consistant in each battle is you...

i highly suggest that you turn on replays and after a lose streak, go back and see if it's the rest of the team that screwed up or was it you who was also screwing up with them, if you are one of the guys who screwed up on your team, then learn from your mistakes and "gid gud"(no offense intended)

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,179 battles

Myself, and a few others, raised the option of WG introducing ELO style rankings and match making, effectively where people of similar performance play against each other.

However the l33t seal clubbers on this forum were quick to say no to that idea. The idea of even trialing it and perhaps achieving a fair level playing field is obviously an abhorrent foreign idea to these special players.

Tee

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,566 battles

same thing as well

either my team melt or enemy team melt quickly so the match only lasted awhile

just very poor matches and its not fun

[MEGA]
4,563 posts
17,557 battles

Myself, and a few others, raised the option of WG introducing ELO style rankings and match making, effectively where people of similar performance play against each other.

However the l33t seal clubbers on this forum were quick to say no to that idea. The idea of even trialing it and perhaps achieving a fair level playing field is obviously an abhorrent foreign idea to these special players.

Tee

i would like to have that system on ranked battles, but not randoms, randoms is where you go to relax(screams inside), and to play for fun(IT ISNT IF EITHER TEAM MELTS), if anything, i think this game needs a better way of coordinating then just the F keys on this server considering how many languages are spoken here  

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

Tee

I remember the thread. Those who said "NO" also explained why they thought so. Some special players didn't get that though.

However, you don't want ELO based MM in a game that involves grinding. It works in Dota2 cause there is nothing to grind. Also it works in RANKED mode. But randoms will be much more salty because of ELO if you know how salty Dota2 ranked or even RANKED in WoWs.

We are more or less OK with anything WG does. Instead of complaining, we just try to find a way to make it work. Whatever changes in future, you will eventually keep playing.

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,858 battles

Tee

ELO rejected not because of those special players opinion, there's a lot of things that would cockatriceblock it and like most people said, it would work in ranked but it is a disaster in random. Are you expecting t3 to have their own rating? 

Also can you stop antagonizing people who don't agree with you? Is the concept of different point of view is so foreign for you?

Edited by Vio_Strygun