You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Swiftsure_08

Lesser Super Containers?

38 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
908 posts

From memory these were the SC's I have ever gotten in order.

250 Det flags

250 Speed flags

5 million credits

250 repair flags

250 fire flags

5 million credits

Anshan (last week).

I have only been choosing the try your luck option. SC drop rates have slowed down since the introduction of them. But I still go for try your luck, theres nothing else to really go for if you want ships.

99 posts
1,653 battles

It's a statistical chance, just like a million coin flips could all be tails; so it's hard to gauge if they changed the value or not without a massive sample from the starting and the present.

Edited by Axion_Nova

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

There was a study done by some people on the subreddit following the last major patch. Generally speaking, the Try Your Luck option has anywhere between a 2-5% chance of awarding a Supercontainer, and the chance of one from the other options is considerably under 2%.

That means statistically speaking, every hundred Try Your Luck containers you open, you're only going to get around 2-5 supercontainers. Not to mention this is pretty much gambling - each roll is independent of the others. Which means you can open 100 containers and get no supercontainers whatsoever, but averaged out over several hundred, or thousand supercontainers, 2-5 in 100 will be the drop rate.

6 posts
5,440 battles

I totally agree. I used to get 1 super container from 10-20 normal containers. But now the rate drops to around 40-60 for 1 super container.

Besides, most of my friends (avoiding the word 'all' just for sure) reported the same situation like me. The rate has significantly dropped and this is found from the statistics.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

I totally agree. I used to get 1 super container from 10-20 normal containers. But now the rate drops to around 40-60 for 1 super container.

Besides, most of my friends (avoiding the word 'all' just for sure) reported the same situation like me. The rate has significantly dropped and this is found from the statistics.

Your prior sample size was too small. Now that you've got a larger one, it's stabilizing to the actual values.