Sign in to follow this  
rboi_1

Vigilance + Hydro

7 comments in this topic

14 posts

Hello everyone,

I am wondering if, when running Vigilance Captain Skill and Hydro consumable, you receive +25% acquisition to the hydro range when you activate that consumable, or if the hydro just layers over normal acquisition + vigilance 25% distance?

Is there information for base torpedo acquisition distances?  I remember reading somewhere that acquisition distance increases with tier level, but have no idea if this is correct.

Also, ships keep disappearing when I am engaging them.  I have line of sight acquisition of a ship (no islands hiding them and at distances where no need for anyone to spot etc), and they disappear for 5-10 seconds and then reappear.  This is really disconcerting.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

Many thanks!

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

nope, vigilance don't stack up with hydro. but vigilance target + acquisition can stack up and work together.

as for torpedo detection range. you if you have a destroyer or ship with surface torpedo, the stats of torpedo detection range can be see on torpedo stats.

Edited by yansuki

1,162 posts

nope, vigilance don't stack up with hydro. but vigilance target + acquisition can stack up and work together.

It actually stacks up. http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Consumables#Hydroacoustic_Search

I am wondering if, when running Vigilance Captain Skill and Hydro consumable, you receive +25% acquisition to the hydro range when you activate that consumable, or if the hydro just layers over normal acquisition + vigilance 25% distance?

Is there information for base torpedo acquisition distances?  I remember reading somewhere that acquisition distance increases with tier level, but have no idea if this is correct.

You can manually check them in-game and look at torpedo module of the ships.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

It actually stacks up. http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Consumables#Hydroacoustic_Search

for real, so its the target acquisition is the one that don't then?

my bad.

i guess its time to change the skill of my bismarck then. :trollface:

Edited by yansuki

1,162 posts

for real, so its the target acquisition is the one that don't then?

my bad.

i guess its time to change the skill of my bismarck then. :trollface:

No, actually it both Vigil and TarAcqu adds up, both combined adds 45% torps detect, so it means Bismarck can detect torps at 5.5km with hydro.

Have fun :hiding:

Sign in to follow this