Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bigbrownbear

Omg the Myogi is terrible

22 comments in this topic

20 posts
994 battles

So I recently went from the kawachi to the myogi. 

The Kawachi is no oil painting. She's reaaaally slow and turns her turrets slower than a fat person turns their head towards the salad bar. Not only that but at range she's inaccurate as hell. 

But I could still enjoy games with her. I scored kills, I had fun.

Then I went to the myogi thinking it'd be better. Nope. 

She's faster and more maneuverable, that's nice. But in every game so far I've died while only scoring 2 or 3 hits. She is so inaccurate at long range. Try to move up to let the secondary batteries in? Awesome, now the rest of their team uses me as target practice and I'm soon on fire and about to sink. And that's if there is no air-craft carriers around, because if there is, my grand AA rating of 0 makes me a free lunch (and good luck sticking near friendly cruisers for their AA screen, they want to stick at range to avoid the enemy battleships, which is what I don't want to do). Not that I wasn't a free lunch already for every cruiser that seems capable of spinning on the spot and running away.

Is it just me, or is this ship just awful? Keep in mind I didn't have these problems in the Kawachi, I could enjoy my games in that. But my games with the Myogi so far...I have no idea if I just keep getting teamed with a bunch of wimps who don't want to push forward (where my secondary batteries could come into play) thus forcing me into sniping matches I have no chance of winning, or if it's just the ship. This tier has already become a miserable experience, and that 20,000 xp slog to the Kongo is looking about as fun as a root canal. 

Any advice would be helpful.

20 posts
994 battles

Tried that. Without support from rest of team (who never seem to want to move forward) I'm just turning myself into a massive "SHOOT HERE" target (which is what happens) and I'm soon a flaming wreck.

341 posts
4,007 battles

Myogi got me my first artillery dev-strike on a broadside St. Louis. I honestly didn't play her too well and never found playing her much fun while grinding to Kongo, but she has big guns at her tier and great turret angles, allowing you to put all 6 guns on target while maintaining good angling. Her armour is a bit paper but I find it OK now. Just get to maybe 14km where accuracy is acceptable, have good aim, punish broadsides and use your good speed and angling to assist your pushes and retreats.

381 posts
9,957 battles

She is indeed terrible and extremely inaccurate but I think you exaggerated the sniping meta too much. At t4 you should have no problem getting to ~10km distance to shoot, and Myogi can tank enough damage to last for ~7-8 salvo unless there is a yoloing DD that charges straight into you to torp.

Kongo is way better but these days she is put into t7 MM so much that you won't notice much of an upgrade.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

She's faster and more maneuverable, that's nice. But in every game so far I've died while only scoring 2 or 3 hits. She is so inaccurate at long range.

No, she isn't, you need to find her aiming point, which for all japanese BBs is farther away from the ship than for any other BBs.

At long range 15km - max range you'll easily have to aim on light cruisers without even seeing them at maximum zoom. (Zooming out ftw)

Her dispersion is just as derpy as Kongou's, but if you compensate by aiming accurately and flinging shells constantly you'll easily deal a decent amount of damage.

Try to move up to let the secondary batteries in? Awesome, now the rest of their team uses me as target practice and I'm soon on fire and about to sink.

First things first, equip premium consumables, Damage Control and Repair Teams are a must have for any battleship.

If possible add the flag that increases the Repair Team's value by 20%, this works in a way that it grants you an additional tick without increasing the time it takes to repair.

I.e. the consumable repairs faster now because it has to heal one more time within the same time window.

(Very helpful when at low health)

Now you'll have to learn how to maneuver her around.

Myogi is a BB that's best used bow on or with slight angles towards the enemy until there's a window to turn.

Feel free to bring the rear turrets into firing position between dodging BB salvoes.

This brings me to the next point, BBs are slow bricks, but shells don't materialise 1cm in front of your bow.

Keep turning slightly to the left&right while maneuvering towards/away from your enemy, this helps both against AP and HE fire.

My standart maneuver for Myogi is to bow on towards targets, bring the rear turrets in position when I have the chance and then either use the opposing BB's

reload time or an island to turn around and now begin moving away from the enemy while bringing the front turret around every now and then.

(All whle constantly turning slightly left/right to reduce incoming damage further)

And that's if there is no air-craft carriers around, because if there is, my grand AA rating of 0 makes me a free lunch (and good luck sticking near friendly cruisers for their AA screen, they want to stick at range to avoid the enemy battleships, which is what I don't want to do).

Are you playing a stock Myogi?

Don't ever complain about stock vehicles in a f2p game, they're supposed to suck and make you transfer free exp from previous ships.

My advice is to never research a vehicle with the free exp you get naturally and use these on modules only.

Once Myogi is fully kitted out you'll get this:

(And once you learned how to dodge CDs, i.e. turn into bombers, slow down/speed up according to their range, tier and bombers alive)

But my games with the Myogi so far...

I have no idea if I just keep getting teamed with a bunch of wimps who don't want to push forward,
(where my secondary batteries could come into play) thus forcing me into sniping matches I have no chance of winning, or if it's just the ship.

Once you've learned the above mentioned, plus some other things you'll start to like her... or don't and die your path to Kongou.

Lust let me tell you right now that Kongou isn't much better.

Her dispersion at long range is miserable which is slightly outbalanced by her speed.

Armor wise Kongous have a sliver of paper on them compared ot other BBs of the same or higher tier.

And you'll meet plenty of higher tier BBs.

Don't ever underestimate Mighty Mio or it'll come right back at ya:

70ETC0F.png

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,011 battles

Ironically I found the Myogi to be pretty dencent & fairly accurate, it was the Kawachi that I struggled to hit anything with.

Make sure you angle properly between salvoes though as it's armour is pretty pathetic.

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

Myogi is notorious for her horrible accuracy.

So first, Myogi has three hulls each with different characteristics.

At hull B you get access to the spotter plane which provides you a longer firing range when it's active, and a difference angle of view.

At hull C the base range of this battleship gets greatly extended, and AA guns are added. You will also notice a Pagoda Mast replaces the tripod mast.

Also, the rotation speed and reloading speed of the main battery gets better.

It is worth noticing that IJN battleships tend to engage at long range, and hull C Myogi is where players start to learn how to snipe. I don't mean snipe all battle, but sniping skills are highly useful especially in high tier battleships.

So probably get hull C and try engage at a longer range, for example, 12km. I know this sounds hard to you, but as battleships' tier go higher, they will have to face longer range. A skilled top tier battleship player can do gunnery at 20km or even longer range.

[LBAS]
4,464 posts
25,606 battles

she is battlecruiser not dreadnought not battleship

at long range, fire shot by shot 15~18km

at mid , full salvo 10~14km

Edited by MatterCore

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,283 posts

It sounds like you play BB's aggresively.

Don't stray too far from your support and take advantage of ships sailing straight showing broadsides.

Myogi's guns hit hard and as Mattercore advised, engage ships at those specified ranges.

You can kite well in the Myogi if needs be too.

Edited by LtDan_IceCream

[LBAS]
4,464 posts
25,606 battles

It sounds like you play BB's aggresively.

Don't stray too far from your support and take advantage of ships sailing straight showing broadsides.

Myogi's guns hit hard and as Mattercore advised, engage ships at those specified ranges.

You can kite well in the Myogi if needs be too.

closer and closer and see the power of Shogun
Edited by MatterCore

58 posts
3,805 battles

Make a sacrifice during the next full moon as an offering to the RNGoddess and if the goddess is pleased with your offering, she will bless you with citadel hits in every salvo.

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

Here's a good old myogi game that I recorded few months ago. First half couldn't hit anything at 8 km with perfect salvo, just did some good torpedobeat, but then you can even hit DDs at 17 km, or get two devastating strikes, cause RNG loves ya

[MEGA]
4,562 posts
17,552 battles

lemmie give you some pointers

step 1: procure one metric one of salt from other WOWS player(this is easy, go to the NA forums and read 2-3 pages, you should have enough by then)

step 2: farm one liter of seal tears(take any OP ship *cough umikaze *cough)

step 3, mix them with the need material(link here) and make sure you follow all the instructions

step 4: drink before playing

step 5:???

step 6: profit

Sign in to follow this