Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Forbsey

Improved Carrier Diversity

9 comments in this topic

2 posts
907 battles

Hey, been playing WOW since beta and have always lamented the inefficiency of CV's in mid-late tier. I propose an implementation of fighter vs surface ship combat distracting/destroying AA defense for tactical advantage. I believe this won't affect balancing too much and enable a benefit to the US CV's as they are sorely disadvantaged in these tiers.

Also giving an increase in aircraft squadron count and aircraft hanger count for mid-late tier CV's in general will give players more caution of aircraft attack and keep CV's in battle for longer (I have seen way too often especially in mid-late tier games where CV's lose aircraft far too quickly to AA defense). This count can be adjusted accordingly for balancing.

Hit the sweet spot where the AA defense will reduce aircraft to a minimum while still allowing some to drop ordinance and if AA defense consumable activated for the aircraft to be shot down beforehand. This is why fighter vs surface ship combat can be advantageous, you will lose those fighters but allow ordinance to drop.

Recommended to only be implemented in mid-late tier CV's as this will overpower early tier CV's. This may improve interest in CV game play and balance out random games with CV than without.

Any other ideas for this topic is welcome and other points to help balance out will only improve the idea (place your specific idea in bold and italic for easier reading)

Thanks for reading, sail true admirals

634 posts
6,210 battles

>since beta

(I think you mean open beta)

>increase hanger

(unpractical, high tier cv have more than enough planes)

>increase squadrons

(that is exactly the reason US CV got nerfed, two torp squadrons are way too op, simply increase squadrons wouldn't help )

>fighter vs ship

(already in the works)

Besides, OP do you realise that this topic of yours is very similar to the hundreds if not thousands of posts made in forums. IF the developers wanted to buff CV all your listed points would already be under consideration. But given the amount of shit the devs give to CVs I would say no they dont care.

Sorry, playing CV is a dead end right now. Turn back and play Cruisers and destroyers.

Edited by TorpedoBeat

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Just wait for the carrier re-work in 2017 or when hell freezes like everyone else.

Q: “Is there a carrier rework coming?”

A: Yep, in 2017.

Source

If WG is far enough into development to reveal that they're working on it, with a (vague) date to boot, then there's literally no point

to suggest any changes to CVs right now.

They're likely busy with internal tests with the changes they've made and now it's just wait and see what they're up to.

[BOTES]
438 posts
3,955 battles

Just wait for the carrier re-work in 2017 or when hell freezes like everyone else.

Source

If WG is far enough into development to reveal that they're working on it, with a (vague) date to boot, then there's literally no point

to suggest any changes to CVs right now.

They're likely busy with internal tests with the changes they've made and now it's just wait and see what they're up to.

Last time I heard it's a UI rework.

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles

Sorry, playing CV is a dead end right now. Turn back and play Cruisers and destroyers.

I'm still play CV...................

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Last time I heard it's a UI rework.

Q: Quick question, is a CV revamp in the works? From the economic portion to gameplay anything would be appreciated

A: Yes.

Q: Soon or SoonTm ?

A: In developement plan. Problem is recognized and accepted as a problem. The only factor that slows us down that the problem is complex and cannot be solved by a couple of tweaks. We are working on it. I wish I could give you the exact date, but I cannot. Don’t expect it to be solved until Spring at least.

Source

Q: “American ships suffer a lot under the current meta. Do you have any plans on giving them buffs to restore playability?”

A: On a wide scale, there are no problems with American ships in the current meta.

Sure, there are individual ships that could use buffs, but that issue isn’t unique to the US tree.

Their destroyers and battleships perform well, while the carriers have problems that stem more from the class than the nation.

Our current priority is resolving carrier class issues before moving onto nation-specific carrier issues.

Source

181 posts
7,548 battles

Cruisers without shooting down carrier airplanes feels bland to me :)

2 posts
907 battles

>since beta

(I think you mean open beta)

>increase hanger

(unpractical, high tier cv have more than enough planes)

>increase squadrons

(that is exactly the reason US CV got nerfed, two torp squadrons are way too op, simply increase squadrons wouldn't help )

>fighter vs ship

(already in the works)

Besides, OP do you realise that this topic of yours is very similar to the hundreds if not thousands of posts made in forums. IF the developers wanted to buff CV all your listed points would already be under consideration. But given the amount of shit the devs give to CVs I would say no they dont care.

I didn't mean increase the amount of squadrons in general, I meant the amount of aircraft per squadron (an increase to all cvs, not just US). Yes high tier cvs have a lot of planes, but tier 5-6-7 do not. Good to know about fighter vs ship combat on the way. thanks people for the feedback.

I know that this discussion has likely been talked about, I just don't want to sift through the forums to find them, besides they're also likely outdated.

Yes, cv is dead right now, that's why I want them to change it already

Sign in to follow this