Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
rouge42

More comfortable playing solo than in division/clans

9 comments in this topic

440 posts
3,380 battles

I know it sounds weird but as the title says, in this game (well any online game actually) I feel more comfortable when I enter a battle and just play with random people scattered around this server. I know that playing in a division can lower the chances of losing or making new friends, but for me, playing solo is comforting because you can just go into battle whenever you feel like it at any time while also not being restricted to be 1 tier above or below the ship of anyone, and I don't know why but playing in a division makes me feel like I'm being judged (normally everyone gets judged to see if they play good or not, but somehow being in a division makes me feel like I'm being judged by the other member to the point that I'm just uncomfortable).

So yeah, that's that. I don't know how will people react to this, but I just want to share my thoughts. I actually once joined a dynamic division but it was nothing special. Who knows, maybe someday I will change my mind and say that being in a division is fun, but only time will tell I guess.

Don't know how I feel about the new clans, I joined one in blitz but some members wanted to platoon with me, and I guess that made me feel this way.

(am I the only one who thinks like this?)

44 posts
6,355 battles

I know it sounds weird but as the title says, in this game (well any online game actually) I feel more comfortable when I enter a battle and just play with random people scattered around this server. I know that playing in a division can lower the chances of losing or making new friends, but for me, playing solo is comforting because you can just go into battle whenever you feel like it at any time while also not being restricted to be 1 tier above or below the ship of anyone, and I don't know why but playing in a division makes me feel like I'm being judged (normally everyone gets judged to see if they play good or not, but somehow being in a division makes me feel like I'm being judged by the other member to the point that I'm just uncomfortable).

So yeah, that's that. I don't know how will people react to this, but I just want to share my thoughts. I actually once joined a dynamic division but it was nothing special. Who knows, maybe someday I will change my mind and say that being in a division is fun, but only time will tell I guess.

Don't know how I feel about the new clans, I joined one in blitz but some members wanted to platoon with me, and I guess that made me feel this way.

No, you're not alone. Platooning up wastes time while your platoon mates go and feed their cat and such like. Too much farting around.

783 posts
4,824 battles

No, you're not alone. Platooning up wastes time while your platoon mates go and feed their cat and such like. Too much farting around.

It's your choice to wait for them or not anyway. You can play a game as they do their stuff... or just plainly have other div mates.

I'm mainly a solo player too but for different reasons. (Usual Playtime hours being really bad, Internet being bad, Being busy and stuff)

Divisions are still fun for the sake of having one or two other people you can talk to more casually rather than the other 11 random players on your team. Or just plain knowing that you can count on them when the game goes south.

Well if you have a good time solo anyway then good for you. Just don't let your initial impression of divisions steer you away from its intended merits. :hiding:

82 posts
2,950 battles

More like you feel "free" more than anything. As a solo, i dont have much to say bout this bcos typically when i div up its when i desperately try to introduce the game to my friends and end up fighting t4 purple divs that will make them quit the same day. Divs aint just fun, it also gives u a tremendous edge compared to solo pips like us.... Also if clans are out i do assume that we will be forced to team up just for the sake of $$$ and some $$$

440 posts
3,380 battles

More like you feel "free" more than anything.

I guess that's my post in a nutshell :P

I kinda like solo since my Div m8 too good and i ended up did nothing :(

Now I'm interested in seeing a division composed of a unicum and a potato. But hey, at least you can sail shima freely, amirite?

Edited by rouge42

Sign in to follow this