Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MedCom

Akizuki need to drop stats.

17 comments in this topic

[ETORT]
12 posts
8,944 battles

Hello there.

I like to talk to about Akizuki Japan's 8 tier DD.

I think this ship is awesome.

2.4s to reload and fire, 4 Torps. very high HP.

But this ship is 8 tier.

Not 10 tier.

You can say this ship has other side that Maneuver is worse than other nations' DD in same tier, and HE shell don't give any damage.

But good things cover all bad things for this ship.

This ship should be 9 or 10 tier.

Firing rate is faster than USA 10 tier Gearing, HP is higher than USA 10 tier Gearing.

And speed of shells are faster than Gearing so gearing have hard time making hits over 7 km but Akizuki doesn't.

Please consider droping stats for Akizuki.

I am riding Gearing when meet Akizuki in 7 km. I have hard time than other ships.

Compare to other nations' same tier DD.

Benson, Tashkent.....

When Akizuki go on 1:1 with those DD, I bet Akizuki will win most times.

Please drop... Thank you

203 posts
11,788 battles

I don't have her yet I already get a lot of info about her.

First off her shell caliber is low like EXTREMELY low. Her HE shells can't damage things with more than 19mm of armor, and you know all tier 8 got that even DDs. ok you know that.

When she goes up against tier 8+ DDs she can only hope her enemy doesn't counter by simply turn the bow or stern in, if that's the case Akizuki can't do ANYTHING.

She can hit but doing damage is another story.

She does well against lower tiers where her HE shells can do some damage + fires but still her damage mostly comes from fire damage and AP damage not HE.

Her speed ... Maneuverability.... heh I'll just say if any CV wants you dead you're dead :P

Edit: Akizuki vs Akizuki should be fun lol. A battle of stalemate.

Edited by MikuChrome

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Step 1: Don't show your broadside when facing Akizuki in a destroyer.

Step 2: Laugh at the fact that as long as you have your bow/stern pointed to Akizuki, it can't kill you faster than you can kill it.

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

Akizuki has terrible DPM if the enemy is angled. Her best chance at causing decent damage is through using AP, however the AP bounces even off angled destroyers.

Akizuki also gets easily destroyed by an aircraft carrier player's torpedo drop.

Edited by benlisquare

[KGHSF]
3,212 posts
6,046 battles

Slow ship will never be the best, especially 33knt ones

Even 44knt to be same as them it's make no difference 

450 posts
7,896 battles

It is kind of OP.

My fleet was sunk by a 20k hp akitsuki in a random battle. that little crap stealth fired for the whole game and my Myoko could not catch up to sink it...

finally I saw her, but I only have 5k hp left, when she still have full health. 

8 posts
1,469 battles

I know one ship that needs a stat drop, Pensacola and her Big ass spotted range. Cut down that damed mast, i can live with not being able to spot enemies so far away.

39 posts

I think its fine but maybe they'll add more US Destroyers as Counter parts for the new destroyers .possibly with missiles.  ​(Just Trippin M8) I think WG Devs hate US Ships that's why USN CVs are UP

Edited by FloatingCoffin

451 posts
6,946 battles

several points here:

1)akizuki now competes with trashkent for worst tier 8 destroyer in the game

2)the maneuverability is horrid, yea it shows 730m which is lower than atago, but this ship bleeds speed so quickly you actually get caught broadside to torpedoes most of the time. 

3)from 2), if a battleship aims its guns at you, you're dead. not half dead,  just dead. i took a 15k volley from a nocal trying to maneuver away at 9km. your large health pool means nothing. 

4)these guns cannot put up with a fight against other destroyers.  simply put, what you can do,  the Benson(or even the Sims)  does better.

5)for a ship made to deter planes, it's the easiest dd to get deleted by bomber strikes. so easy, it's a joke really. one wrong half rudder turn and you eat a full parallel of torpedoes. wg, pls gib def AA. 

6)there's no running in this ship. getting caught out by radar means that you're dead. low acceleration with low top speed guarantees that. i rammed my ship several times because i knew i was dead anyway. 

tldr; this ship's bark is worse than its bite. it isn't a ship for beginners, maybe not even for the average player like me, but I do feel that it needs a buff, specifically aa defensive fire and an increase to maneuverability. it is so frustrating to play otherwise. 

334 posts
13,025 battles

I am beginning to think all dd in the game are becoming too hard to play radar and hydro everywhere and once your spotted every enemy ship that can targets you. With this new radio direction captains skill being introduced things will be even worse.

Sign in to follow this