ViolenceAndroid

ban without knowing which mod is illegal

50 comments in this topic

[WOLF]
Alpha Tester
60 posts
3,641 battles

Direction Indicator are mostly ban-able

also... Aslain's Modpack do not get supported by WG , so use at your own risk.

Edited by LtZetarn

38 posts
2,897 battles

The Direction Indicator mod only shows the angle that the shell will hit the ship, it's even featured in WG Unofficial Mod pack so I highly doubt it is the reason for your ban.

Edited by Insomnium

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

To my opinion. Without knowing its true or not. i can see Running lights mod.

That mod.. Running lights mod probably. A thing that is consider helping u in battle

Imagine u have that mod and someone dont have it. U can know a ship is fully stop rather than hunch or skills. 

That mod helps u to know which ship is fully stop and at full speed or 3/4 1/2 1/4 (green yellow red iirc) and even reverse if i remember. With a help of a light BULB above the ship

But the reason of banning is for XP farming or other. Im not sure. And surely forums is not a way to ask for anything. Its time to go for WG support and ask them 

Edited by Safiuddin97

38 posts
2,897 battles

You can already know the speed of a ship based on their smoke column actually, running light just make it a bit easier. I have been using Aslain mod pack, including some of the mods OP used since I first started playing WoWs and I *touch wood* have not been banned yet ._.

181 posts
7,580 battles

Running lights only tells you whether they're stopping, moving forward or backward. It doesn't tell you the current specific speed of your target. It works just like when you're paying attention to the smokestacks.

345 posts
3,668 battles

Mods that give you an advantage no matter how small it is should be bannable. Saying that "it's already there, it only lets you know it easier" is invalid. It still gives you an advantage and should not be allowed. Mods like this makes an unfair playing field. Not everyone wants to use mods.

Edited by Loshirai14

7 posts
3,889 battles

You can already know the speed of a ship based on their smoke column actually, running light just make it a bit easier. I have been using Aslain mod pack, including some of the mods OP used since I first started playing WoWs and I *touch wood* have not been banned yet ._.

well...what can i say

just luck bro

7 posts
3,889 battles

To my opinion. Without knowing its true or not. i can see Running lights mod.

That mod.. Running lights mod probably. A thing that is consider helping u in battle

Imagine u have that mod and someone dont have it. U can know a ship is fully stop rather than hunch or skills. 

That mod helps u to know which ship is fully stop and at full speed or 3/4 1/2 1/4 

But the reason of banning is for XP farming or other. Im not sure. And surely forums is not a way to ask for anything. Its time to go for WG support and ask them 

I do ask them but still no ans until this time

telling u guys if i got reply

38 posts
2,897 battles

Mods that give you an advantage no matter how small it is should be bannable. Saying that "it's already there, it only lets you know it easier" is invalid. It still gives you an advantage and should not be allowed. Mods like this makes an unfair playing field. Not everyone wants to use mods.

No, since it's freely available for everyone to use. If you don't want to use it, that's your problem, not mine.

753 posts
8,965 battles

Exactly this ^^

All these mod packs should not be allowed no matter what. If it's not in the settings menu then it should be banned.

A game where people are able to actively modify files, regardless of the effect, has always had me doubting the integrity/security of this game from those that are able.

Any change or benefit should not be allowed unless all players can access such things via the settings menu. I for one am not confident or actually willing to access the games folder and change file coding.

A level playing field for all is paramount in my opinion. 

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

Tirpitz has torps, torps has lead indicator, lead indicator constantly updates enemy heading, no other visual cue required. Does that mean driving a Tirpitz is a bannable offense?

But tirpitz is a ship. Not a mod... We are talking about mod. Yes that is one of the "Special"ty of a ship that have torps. u can lead... other than that. idk. 

Before the official Smoke boundaries. i have that mod too. i know where i can stop and can hide. For players who dont. hard for them to know. Now everyone have it. 

Some mods helps. Some are too"Helpful". To me. i just use skin and other mods like Camo remover cause i use Historical Skins. :D

Edited by Safiuddin97

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

Mod better not allowed ?

What is this ? 

Crappy Console peasant talk 

Mod have been in PC life for years, 

Dota, LoL, CS were born from mods

Edited by humusz

Super Tester
2,725 posts

The illegal means/ways to acquire XP & credits via 3rd party program or modification, you are benefiting from using that mod (which is 3rd party mod) via damage & kills. That's how I interpret on your case.

If Safi's info is correct regarding the purpose of that mod (Running light), then it''ll be your main suspect.

Remove it & judge the target's speed from its emitting smoke. If you can't then, educate & lift yourself up.

I don't see the point installing gameplay mods when WG slowly integrates them into the client. It's much better & safer.

Edited by Mingfang47

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

But tirpitz is a ship. Not a mod... We are talking about mod. Yes that is one of the "Special"ty of a ship that have torps. u can lead... other than that. idk. 

Before the official Smoke boundaries. i have that mod too. i know where i can stop and can hide. For players who dont. hard for them to know. Now everyone have it. 

Some mods helps. Some are too"Helpful". To me. i just use skin and other mods like Camo remover cause i use Historical Skins. :D

Yet both serves the same purpose. How does one is illegal while the other, 'less obvious but just as effective' solution can get away with it because its a 'feature' and implemented in the game by default? The torp lead indicator is immensely helpful on predicting enemy ship direction instantly while running lights needs extra time to calculate where the ship is going. Sure, you may argue that it only applies to Tirpitz/Scharn/Gnei but it gives a definite tactical advantage regardless. I just don't see how running lights is more offensive than torp lead exploit. Hell I think it should be implemented in the game considering that the game itself can't render ship smokes on realtime, boo hoo.

If I were to choose a mod that is 'too helpful', it has to be the direction line indicator. The ability to constantly correct your distance is just plain bad.

And for jokes, there are some ships that should be banned from the game altogether.

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

Yet both serves the same purpose. How does one is illegal while the other, 'less obvious but just as effective' solution can get away with it because its a 'feature' and implemented in the game by default? The torp lead indicator is immensely helpful on predicting enemy ship direction instantly while running lights needs extra time to calculate where the ship is going. Sure, you may argue that it only applies to Tirpitz/Scharn/Gnei but it gives a definite tactical advantage regardless. I just don't see how running lights is more offensive than torp lead exploit. Hell I think it should be implemented in the game considering that the game itself can't render ship smokes on realtime, boo hoo.

If I were to choose a mod that is 'too helpful', it has to be the direction line indicator. The ability to constantly correct your distance is just plain bad.

And for jokes, there are some ships that should be banned from the game altogether.

Yeah. Agree. And some PC cant even render smoke (for low specs). I do see the necessity. But for now.. we cant do anything. Until its safe to do so. having a ban for 1st time is just another step of having ur account to be wipe or banned for the rest of your life. And even so, some of the ppl dont even know its illegal like OP. 

i agree on 

Would be good if WG can clarify which mod is illegal esp in Aslain's modpack. 

Probably need guidelines. 
Edited by Safiuddin97

345 posts
3,668 battles

No, since it's freely available for everyone to use. If you don't want to use it, that's your problem, not mine.

Cheats and hacks are freely available to everyone, do you want everyone to use it? Your argument is invalid.

Mod better not allowed ?

What is this ? 

Crappy Console peasant talk 

Mod have been in PC life for years, 

Dota, LoL, CS were born from mods

This is a multiplayer game, mods that give an advantage should not be allowed. 

Cosmetic mods such as new ship models & textures should be the only thing allowed since you're the only one who can see it and it doesn't affect other players.

Edited by Loshirai14

7 posts
3,889 battles

The illegal means/ways to acquire XP & credits via 3rd party program or modification, you are benefiting from using that mod (which is 3rd party mod) via damage & kills. That's how I interpret on your case.

If Safi's info is correct regarding the purpose of that mod (Running light), then it''ll be your main suspect.

Remove it & judge the target's speed from its emitting smoke. If you can't then, educate & lift yourself up.

I don't see the point installing gameplay mods when WG slowly integrates them into the client. It's much better & safer.

It just show the ship is running or stop...not showing the speed of the ship

7 posts
3,889 battles

Cheats and hacks are freely available to everyone, do you want everyone to use it? Your argument is invalid.

This is a multiplayer game, mods that give an advantage should not be allowed. 

Cosmetic mods such as new ship models & textures should be the only thing allowed since you're the only one who can see it and it doesn't affect other players.

put this case in wot, some mod likely should be treated as cheating mod but WG said it was ok in the past...

the mod just enlarge some information but not as OP as u think, actually u can see all these info in mini map

What i think important is WG should clarify some mods are allow or not

345 posts
3,668 battles

put this case in wot, some mod likely should be treated as cheating mod but WG said it was ok in the past...

the mod just enlarge some information but not as OP as u think, actually u can see all these info in mini map

What i think important is WG should clarify some mods are allow or not

I know that you can identify the enemy's speed by the angle of their smoke but that doesn't tell you if they are slowing down or stopping which makes mods that tell you what their exact speed are as cheats. Mods should not show any information about the enemy that is normally not shown in-game. Mods show you information that even experienced players take some time to know and adjust. You will not be able to identify the exact speed and angle of a ship with your own eyes, there will always be a margin of error unlike mods that gives the perfect information.

Using mods like that is like having a radar during WW2. Not everyone has it and it gives you advantage over everyone else.

Edited by Loshirai14