You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
EVILSTORM1

BBs as usefull as tits on a bull

62 comments in this topic

19 posts
8,840 battles

WTF can DDs kill a BB with a torp broadside but a BB broadside scratches the paint of a DD at most? Its BS. A BB cant move main guns or change ammo quick enough to engage a DD yet if you have a DD dead in your sights you may as well kiss your arse good bye because DD torps kill you. WHY put secondaries on BBs? The real secondaries on REAL BBS were better than what any CA could mount because they knew when they built BBs they would have to kill SMALLER ships CHEAPLY. I like to play aggressively in my BBs, but FFS, I am not relying on my team when I come up against a DD on my own, I am relying on MY [content removed] secondaries AS INSTALLED to kill the pissants. No BS, 4 games tonight I run up against a DD full broadside, and I am dead, DD scoots off scott free. Hit each of them with a broadside, registering hits but I die. This is BULL SH1T. SO [content removed] SICK OF BEING OWNED BY DDs. DEVs BAN ME, BUT THIS CRAP needs sorting.DDs need to have a FEAR of the MIGHTY BATTLESHIP or I will [content removed] OFF.

Pronafity. Post edited, user sanctioned.

~amade

Edited by amade

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

WTF can DDs kill a BB with a torp broadside but a BB broadside scratches the paint of a DD at most?

"Scratches the paint"

0QWT3VH.jpg

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

AP works well against DD. if the BB players know to aim well she can deal massive damage to a dd or even delete them completely. of course rng has part of it but you will never deal damage if you don't aim well.

496 posts
4,165 battles

a DD taking an AP straight through the bow will deal a ton of damage.........

HE on anywhere will hurt...

im not sure if there are bounces/ricochets (never experience this)

but im quite sure DD's hp bar will be reduced by a lot if a BB successfully hit broadside, even ap, iirc overpen => 1k dmg ? and DDs doesnt have much hp

my suggestion about secondaries is using a ship with good secondary like bismarck and using the captn skill for secondaries will help

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,284 posts

Open up on DD's with HE.

12" guns and up with HE will delete DD's easily. Hitting DD's with AP at medium to close ranges will probably mean low damage overpens.

Playing aggressively in BB's against DD's usually means a quick trip back to port if you don't know how to deal with them correctly.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

.DDs need to have a FEAR of the MIGHTY BATTLESHIP or I will [content removed] OFF.

Halp, my sides went interstellar

Quote updated.

~amade

Edited by amade

341 posts
4,007 battles

I'm no expert but I'd give an opinion if you stopped screaming and gave some good detail of what happened. Seriously. I usually come out on top against DDs in my BBs as long as I know roughly where he is.

94 posts
2,795 battles

Reason #1 Why I Love Torping BBabies

DDs need to have a FEAR of the MIGHTY BATTLESHIP or I will [content removed] OFF.

I'm dying of laughter I'm so sorry

Quote updated.

~amade

Edited by amade

Super Tester
316 posts
3,400 battles

Im am going to be brutally honest,If your having troubles with Destroyers killing you in a battleship,it sounds like a YOU problem, i play battleships often, and 9/10 im the one who deletes the Destroyer, just playing a battleship does not win you the game, how you play it does

Super Tester
802 posts

WTF can DDs kill a BB with a torp broadside but a BB broadside scratches the paint of a DD at most? Its BS

git gud.

.A BB cant move main guns or change ammo quick enough to engage a DD yet if you have a DD dead in your sights you may as well kiss your arse good bye because DD torps kill you. 

If your guns don't turn fast enough then git gud and use those WASD keys to turn your ship.

The real secondaries on REAL BBS were better than what any CA could mount because they knew when they built BBs they would have to kill SMALLER ships CHEAPLY. 

The only battleships built IRL and in game to have better secondary armament (in calibre at least) are the German BB Gneisenau and Bismark.

View PostEVILSTORM1, on 16 December 2016 - 10:44 PM, said:

I like to play aggressively in my BBs, but FFS, I am not relying on my team when I come up against a DD on my own, I am relying on MY [content removed] secondaries AS INSTALLED to kill the pissants. 

There's your problem. Don't push on your own into DD infested waters. Don't push into natural choke points on the map which can be easily tied down with torpedoes and your poor manoeuvrability and speed. (Especially given that your playing mid tier US BBs. Not relying on your team? This is a team based game. Not using your team is the most stupid think you could do in a battleship. 

And if you really want to rely on your secondaries then use upgrades and captain skills that are appropriate for your YOLO mindset. Shit dude, I can already tell from your low damage and XP that you probably spend too much time being aggressive.

[incoherent gurgling]

Umm...

Quote updated.

~amade

Edited by amade

440 posts
3,379 battles

I like to play aggressively in my BBs, but FFS, I am not relying on my team when I come up against a DD on my own, I am relying on MY [content removed] secondaries AS INSTALLED to kill the pissants

"oh look at me in my big mighty strong battleship with big guns, everyone should fear me and not even think about attacking me....     What's that? A destroyer is going towards me while I'm alone in the open? Who needs teams when you have secondaries"

-BB "drivers"

Quote updated.

~amade

Edited by amade

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

And if you really want to rely on your secondaries then use upgrades and captain skills that are appropriate for your YOLO mindset. Shit dude, I can already tell from your low damage and XP that you probably spend too much time being aggressive.

Inb4, relying on your secondaries why using USN BB isn't a good idea since USN BB's secondaries are unreliable. USN BB should be better off with concealment.

40 posts
2,588 battles

WASD beats the destroyer.

If you are detected and you can't see anything.  Time to WASD.  If you have been detected for a long time, so you can't know for sure who is detecting you anymore, time to WASD.  If you can actually see the destroyer, then you should be screwing up course estimation, 100% all of the time.

Edited by AdmiralJasonB

341 posts
4,007 battles

If I believe a destroyer is about to jump at me and have a guess about where it may turn up, I tend to sail neutral to the possible position. A charging destroyer usually gives itself away early, and you can watch your detection. Once the destroyer turns up, I angle somewhat away from it if I have the range. Usually even main battery fire (and some RNG) can beat them or force them to turn away. If a DD is going to make an inevitable torpedo-mobster-drive-by I try baiting it into torpedoing me, jam the s key and turn in to him hard. If you have been charging ahead at the destroyer, out of position or being torpedoed from range cos lol straight-line, consider playing another class. Also, try playing even low tier destroyers and learn what makes an ideal destroyer meal and how to not be one. If you need any other help, ask. If you need time to desalt, take a break. Last of all, keep your Eurobeat Mega Mix at hand to play for more torpedobeat.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles

he's kidding right, someone please telle he is kidding, this has got to be the joke of the year, my sides are bursting from laughing too muah HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA