Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ShocknAwe371

THANKYOU WG for hearing us...

29 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
944 posts
5,640 battles

I think this is the right thing to do. ST is hard work and they should get this reward (I should know I had burnout after 12 months of doing it), but also putting it on sale at a later date for the average player is a good thing,

It's nice to just kick back and play whatever I want and not have to worry about getting reports in on time, but with all the uproar (mostly on NA server) I think announcing it now is a good thing.

:great:

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

And now for the plot twist.........this was the plan the entire time!!

If people just waited for official announcements and the like, none of this would have happened, everyone would be happy.

So before everyone goes patting each other on the back for a rout well done, just remember, nothing changed other then the information being released earlier then planned......Bravo

127 posts
6,502 battles

Why are you thanking one of the absolute worst companies that make video games? WG is just as bad as EA.

This was their plan the whole time. This way they can charge up 80+ dollars and people will still play just for the hype.

If anyone thinks otherwise then you should get a grip of reality.

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,573 battles

i dont understand the fuss

you as player is like beggers begging to pay your money to WG just to have a ship

i don't care if they not releasing it as it does not affect my life in anyway but the way people cry father mother for a ship is just ridiculous

this is like modern slavery, slavery to companies that so easily take your money

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

And now for the plot twist.........this was the plan the entire time!!

If people just waited for official announcements and the like, none of this would have happened, everyone would be happy.

So before everyone goes patting each other on the back for a rout well done, just remember, nothing changed other then the information being released earlier then planned......Bravo

Admin Trevzor didn't mention that in this post though a couple of days ago on the NA forum:

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/107139-uss-alabama-super-tester-reward/page__st__380__pid__2624893#entry2624893

That post was very clear that ST's were the only ones who could get it,and only a select few at that.Which didn't help the situation at all!

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Admin Trevzor didn't mention that in this post though a couple of days ago on the NA forum:

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/107139-uss-alabama-super-tester-reward/page__st__380__pid__2624893#entry2624893

That post was very clear that ST's were the only ones who could get it,and only a select few at that.Which didn't help the situation at all!

Staff usually don't announce sales of premium ships in advance without word from up high - especially when it's still super early in the release phase. This time was a pretty major exception

525 posts
7,946 battles

I think this is the right thing to do. ST is hard work and they should get this reward (I should know I had burnout after 12 months of doing it), but also putting it on sale at a later date for the average player is a good thing,

It's nice to just kick back and play whatever I want and not have to worry about getting reports in on time, but with all the uproar (mostly on NA server) I think announcing it now is a good thing.

:great:

not just NA, people are also pretty upset in RU, both in forum and in game chat.

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Staff usually don't announce sales of premium ships in advance without word from up high - especially when it's still super early in the release phase. This time was a pretty major exception

Yeah,the NA forum was in meltdown! Good thing they reacted quickly to it.

415 posts
10,918 battles

Why are you thanking one of the absolute worst companies that make video games? WG is just as bad as EA.

This was their plan the whole time. This way they can charge up 80+ dollars and people will still play just for the hype.

If anyone thinks otherwise then you should get a grip of reality.

No company is as bad as EA ... although Gaijin are pretty close ... I'll never touch another product either of them make

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

i dont understand the fuss

you as player is like beggers begging to pay your money to WG just to have a ship

i don't care if they not releasing it as it does not affect my life in anyway but the way people cry father mother for a ship is just ridiculous

this is like modern slavery, slavery to companies that so easily take your money

Cause they have emotional connection to those ships, not like us in Asia

Maybe they visited it once when little boy, and it left lasting impact on them

Maybe Their families, serve on her once

Maybe, They live in Alabama

We have Australian and NZ people here that beg for commonwealth ship, no ?

its same for them.

If there is your Nation ship in the game, maybe you will get emotionaly attached to

If you are Indonesian, would Premium KRI Irian (sister ship of Kutuzov) make you want her ?

If its HTMS Sri Ayudhya (sometimes dubbed  Smallest Japan build Heavy Cruiser btw), would Thailand people interested ?

DId Previus Lo-Yang invoke similiar emotions to Taiwan people ? Did Ansan also did the same to Chinese ?

The answer will be You might Not.

because we in Asia lack of Naval Tradition and heritage, (except maybe Japan, and to some degree Australia)

US have strong and Rich Naval Tradition, There lot of museum ship there. and American is one of Highly ( sometimes Overly) Patriotic people.

with lots of their family once served Navy in WW2 - their view quite diffrent than us, just saying

Edited by humusz

525 posts
7,946 battles

its same for them.

If there is your Nation ship in the game, maybe you will get emotionaly attached to

If you are Indonesian, would Premium KRI Irian (sister ship of Kutuzov) make you want her ?

If its HTMS Sri Ayudhya (sometimes dubbed  Smallest Japan build Heavy Cruiser btw), would Thailand people interested ?

DId Previus Lo-Yang invoke similiar emotions to Taiwan people ? Did Ansan also did the same to Chinese ?

because we in Asia lack of Naval Tradition and heritage, (except maybe Japan, and to some degree Australia)

US have strong and Rich Naval Tradition, There lot of museum ship there. and American is one of Highly ( sometimes Overly) Patriotic people.

with lots of their family once served Navy in WW2 - their view quite diffrent than us, just saying

well said, some of us can't understand it because it's not ours nations ship, and we don't really have a really deep naval tradition.

some people might not realize it but US actually have quite a strong naval tradition.

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,573 battles

its same for them.

still this is just a ship in a game, nothing more than some graphics that appear on the screen also WG is just selling a product to us..as simple as that

the fuss is that ST got it but regular players don't, this is just about "they have it, i must too" even have to dig into our wallet for it

at least visiting the real ship is more value per dollar for the experience alone

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

still this is just a ship in a game, nothing more than some graphics that appear on the screen also WG is just selling a product to us..as simple as that

the fuss is that ST got it but regular players don't, this is just about "they have it, i must too" even have to dig into our wallet for it

at least visiting the real ship is more value per dollar for the experience alone

Well, they are pixels, but pixels do impact.

If you like model ships or have visited naval museums, you will probably wonder how these metal monsters will be like in action.

So that's why I love this game, while still have a lot to improve, but I do see nice impacting graphics and sounds.

Have you heard of the Japanese game Kantai Collection? I heard a Japanese veteran once served on the light cruiser Yahagi in WWII saw the animated figure of Yahagi in Kantai Collection and liked the figure.

So they are pixels, but they still mean something.

Edited by _Halcyon

525 posts
7,946 battles

Well, they are pixels, but pixels do impact.

If you like model ships or have visited naval museums, you will probably wonder how these metal monsters will be like in action.

So that's why I love this game, while still have a lot to improve, but I do see nice impacting graphics and sounds.

Have you heard of the Japanese game Kantai Collection? I heard a Japanese veteran once served on the light cruiser Yahagi in WWII saw the animated figure of Yahagi in Kantai Collection and like the figure.

So they are pixels, but they still mean something.

some people can't understand that.

as for me i understand really well why the NA react like that even tho its a bit excessive.

Edited by Skooma

207 posts
8,188 battles

rather than alabama...

i'm more interest if they split USN BB line and add South Dakota... IMHO

btw Thanks for Wargaming, they make a right decision....

525 posts
7,946 battles

rather than alabama...

i'm more interest if they split USN BB line and add South Dakota... IMHO

btw Thanks for Wargaming, they make a right decision....

it will come, but i think WG said no second USN BB line until at least all nations have 1 complete tech tree line
Edited by Skooma

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

To us it maybe seems like that.

but those pixel can be more, it can be.................. Experience

Have you ever watch any movie on Cinema ?

it also Just some Pixel on Screen right.

You can just pirate the movies, watch it on Cellphone. it just Pixels - why throw money at that

But the experience can be Diffrence, for some people at least

In the end what you look from games is Experience and Joy, are you not  : )

Edited by humusz

Sign in to follow this