Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Crim7AmbiencE

So...Akizuki or Minotaur?

14 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
57 posts
5,127 battles

I know both are entirely different ships and are highly situational. I discussed with some public players in games as well, some recommended Aki while some for Mino. 

I main the IJN line, mostly BBs. Been working on the British line as well as the IJN destroyers. I just want either one to have fun. Ya know, pew pew pew kinda fun. :bajan:

Minotaur will always be in top tier games, while Aki has chances of being in the lower tiers, yet again they are both highly situational.

Just wanted some insight on which is better or worse. Before proceeding further into either nation's line.

Pew Pew?:hiding:

266 posts
5,142 battles

Personally I would get both. But if you can only choose one, and you only want the ship to have 'fun', then I'd say Akizuki.

Because T10 match tends to be more... mentally exhausting.

[CLAY]
57 posts
5,127 battles

Why not get both? 

Lazy to grind for another year. XD

Have enough free xp to get one right now.

Personally I would get both. But if you can only choose one, and you only want the ship to have 'fun', then I'd say Akizuki.

Because T10 match tends to be more... mentally exhausting.

I know how you feel, as a Tier 10 player myself, games these days are getting worse and worse.

Agreed.... Sweet spot for me is currently tier 7s. Tier 10s is frustrating most times. 

Been playing on tier 5s and 6s, they are much more fun than 9s and 10s.

Akizuki because it dont have citadel. :hiding:

No citadel is good ship. :playing:

I guess Akizuki then, since its name sounds similar to my step sister's name as well. :teethhappy:

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

tbh i ratter go for Minotaur because she has awesome Heal and tools like radar, smoke and sonar. she also has insane AA so cv will pretty much avoid her

akizuki has really poor maneuverability for dd so she is worst handling than most dd and CV can drop her without problem.

she is also slow so you will never outrun or chase other dd.

she has bad upscalling, has hard time fighting higher tier ship because of their increase fire resistant and tougher armor.

1,162 posts

tbh i ratter go for Minotaur because she has awesome Heal and tools like radar, smoke and sonar. she also has insane AA so cv will pretty much avoid her

akizuki has really poor maneuverability for dd so she is worst handling than most dd and CV can drop her without problem.

she has bad upscalling, has hard time fighting higher tier ship because of their increase fire resistant and tougher armor.

Well T9 and T10 is coming so just might play it anyway to get the exp to unlock the next ship in line. 

I wish it will be a true khebab's japanese cousin. :hiding:

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

Minotaur calls for edge of your seat gameplay most of the times, and you gotta make sure you don't die too quickly or it'd be a waste of credits. The Aki is a better choice imo, but T8 tends to get overmatched (quite a bit) to T10 battles too, so it all comes down to what tier you are most comfortable with.

[CLAY]
57 posts
5,127 battles

Well, I ve already bought Aki and played for a couple of games, it takes a while to adapt to it but feels fun to me. Just what I expected.

Well T9 and T10 is coming so just might play it anyway to get the exp to unlock the next ship in line. 

I wish it will be a true khebab's japanese cousin. :hiding:

Tier 9 and 10? Wat? :ohmy:

Minotaur calls for edge of your seat gameplay most of the times, and you gotta make sure you don't die too quickly or it'd be a waste of credits. The Aki is a better choice imo, but T8 tends to get overmatched (quite a bit) to T10 battles too, so it all comes down to what tier you are most comfortable with.

I mainly play tier 7-10 games so everything is kinda normal to me. I dont really mind the overmatch, but getting lower tier destroyers is fun, means I can bully them....finally.....:trollface:

[CLAY]
57 posts
5,127 battles

Yeah, they announce there will be continuation from Akizuki. But its not for now, 2018 maybe?:coin:

Lol, thats still far down the road. Prolly retired from WoWs by then. :D

Edited by Crim7AmbiencE

Sign in to follow this