You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
leops1984

What kind of FPS should I be getting?

15 comments in this topic

7 posts
5,735 battles

Help. I have a PC which I think should be capable of running WoWS with high details... but I am having a hard time squeezing good FPS out of it.

CPU: Core i5-3470 (OCed to 3.8GHz from 3.2GHz stock)

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070

RAM: 16GB

I know my hardware and drivers are OK because my 3DMark scores are where they ought to be:

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/10253059

And yet, even with that rig, and the following settings:

http://i.imgur.com/3rlc55p.png

I'm having a hard time staying above 30 FPS. My CPU keeps getting pinned to 100% and causing stutter. When the CPU isn't being maxed I can do 60+ FPS even at 1440p (I have a 1440p panel). 0.5.15.2 seems to have helped with the stutter a bit, though.

So, what kind of FPS numbers should I be getting, and what settings do I need to change in-game? This is really annoying me a bit - all I know is that my FPS woes started when 0.5.14 was rolled out.

Edited by leops1984

110 posts
1,474 battles

That would sound like a bottleneck, but really I only know enough about hardware to lol if a 1070 can't run this game on max. 

Edit: use task manager and make sure your CPU isn't trying to do other resource intensive things while you play. Also apparently the game is more CPU than GC heavy with the exception of the port 

Edited by TechnoGore

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Your settings are screwed up somewhere. I'm on win10 64-bit, 8GB RAM, an older i5 and a 1060, and getting a solid 60fps at max.

Edited by Syanda

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts

Definitely sounds like a bottlenecked PC.

Are you running the game from a dedicated SSD or the main HDD that runs Windows?

This could slow down your frame rates.

Check your processes and monitor what is running, then shut down the ones not needed while you play.

Failing that, scan for viruses/malware.

Edited by LtDan_IceCream

38 posts
2,897 battles

Monitor your temperature as well. I didn't notice my CPU fan was loose the last time I transported it and the game was running at 20 fps for a match ... Almost freaked me out when I saw the temperature was 90+ then

Your settings are screwed up somewhere. I'm on win10 64-bit, 8GB RAM, an older i5 and a 1060, and getting a solid 60fps at max.

Does your fps fluctuate often? I used to have >60fps all the time but recently it fluctuates quite often to as low as 50fps for a few sec then jump up to 71.

Edited by Insomnium

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Monitor your temperature as well. I didn't notice my CPU fan was loose the last time I transported it and the game was running at 20 fps for a match ... Almost freaked me out when I saw the temperature was 90+ then

Does your fps fluctuate often? I used to have >60fps all the time but recently it fluctuates quite often to as low as 50fps for a few sec then jump up to 71.

Nope. Rock-steady between 60-70.

1,107 posts
7,849 battles

Help. I have a PC which I think should be capable of running WoWS with high details... but I am having a hard time squeezing good FPS out of it.

CPU: Core i5-3470 (OCed to 3.8GHz from 3.2GHz stock)

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070

RAM: 16GB

I know my hardware and drivers are OK because my 3DMark scores are where they ought to be:

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/10253059

And yet, even with that rig, and the following settings:

http://i.imgur.com/3rlc55p.png

I'm having a hard time staying above 30 FPS. My CPU keeps getting pinned to 100% and causing stutter. When the CPU isn't being maxed I can do 60+ FPS even at 1440p (I have a 1440p panel). 0.5.15.2 seems to have helped with the stutter a bit, though.

So, what kind of FPS numbers should I be getting, and what settings do I need to change in-game? This is really annoying me a bit - all I know is that my FPS woes started when 0.5.14 was rolled out.

Your CPU is pinned to 100%, which point out  that  your CPU might getting Throttled

My PC also  getting Throttled before, due to My Motherboard have faulty heat sensor.

it slow down CPU process to Crawl. 

Since it read, my CPU were overheating (but they realy not)

I fix it with using - Thortlestop (shown bellow)

https://puu.sh/sQzw6/d7b90a34f8.png

you can google to download it (each Version suited for diffrent CPU architecture - like mine Hashwell is version 6.00, Skylake might be diffrent version etc etc)

If you look at the pic

at right top tab, it will shown you CPU maximum speed

Mine were : 37.69 x 100.00 MHz (around 3.8 Ghz -> which is correct number)

if your number not shown actual Number of what they supposed to (Throttled Procesor is run only 10-20% capacity)

there higher chance your CPU is being Throttled.

In-case of faulty heat sensors like me

All you need were to untick BDPROCHOT box in the program. and let it run in background - everytime you run PC (you can task schedule to make it run automaticly)

Untick it will disable The sensors.

be warn that, if you not carefull - there is no safety barrier for overheat

your PC can litteraly melt

Edited by humusz

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

I once play with Intel HD 520. Got like 30fps stable on high - med custom settings based on the recommended.. intel HD stronk. 

Btw i think ur pc is bottlenecked. CPU upgrade probably?

353 posts
5,015 battles

try disable oc then isolate the problem by going thru the rendering settings. i can get up to 60 fps on a i3-3210 and ancient radeon 5670.

211 posts
9,931 battles

Curious about that OC, BCLK clocks are fricking nasty.

Agree with try disabling that OC and just use Intel's turbo boost, its only .2 Ghz difference and a lot safier.

Generally speaking that CPU should not bottleneck your GPU, there must be something more serious going on like thermal throttling.

7 posts
5,735 battles

I managed to get back to good frame rates by... maxing out my GPU settings. Apparently some of the reduced settings were stressing the CPU instead of the GPU, so going to much higher settings gave me better framerates.

Curious about that OC, BCLK clocks are fricking nasty.

Agree with try disabling that OC and just use Intel's turbo boost, its only .2 Ghz difference and a lot safier.

Generally speaking that CPU should not bottleneck your GPU, there must be something more serious going on like thermal throttling.

For some reason or another my motherboard will let me go up to a 38 multiplier. No BCLK overclock at all.