Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Crim7AmbiencE

Anyway to promote In-game chat/team-work?

10 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
57 posts
5,127 battles

As the title says...

I know a lot of players in the Asia server do not speak English that well to communicate, but what is stopping you from trying?

Often I see players conversing in other languages, you know, the "[][][][][]" type of chat. When we ask them to write in English, everyone becomes silent. :unsure:

Sometimes I see players unsure of what to do or which direction to head to. Since a lot of players nowadays tend to...turn tail and run away, thus what happens are: (Personal Observations)

• -Battleships left without support.
  • -Battleships act as cruisers or snipers.
  • -Cruisers charging straight into enemy fleet.
  • -Cruisers becoming DDs or hanging far behind base.
  • -DDs alone in front with no backup.

I know this is neither the NA or EU server, but we all know teamwork or a good strategy is key to success. Occasionally we would see players only writing in the chat after their ships are sunk, but then again most of the players who do these tend to "supervise" how the surviving players play. :trollface:

I myself used to write a lot in chat in order to enhance the game-play experience of the rest of the team. These days not so much, since no one even bother to chat much. :hiding:

Back then, my concept was: Better chat/coordination = Increase in Morale/motivation = Better performance = Higher chances of success = Win? :P

This is not meant to be a hate post nor to be seen as a negative one. I was just wondering if there are any ways we could promote or perhaps motivate players to communicate others as much as possible?

Cuz remember: Better communication = Better performance = Profit? :playing:

Edited by Crim7AmbiencE

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Lots of Asia players will chat in the game if someone initiates conversation.

The problem? When a lot of people say "Communication", they really mean "I should call the shots and direct the team and everyone should listen to me". On NA and EU, this generally gets met with multiple armchair admirals. On Asia, it's generally just ignored and not responded to. 

In another thread on this issue, this is basically how I deal with indecisive teams on this server:

Copious use of the F3 and F7 commands, map pings, and stating what I'll be doing. I basically never tell anyone what to do, just outline clearly what *I'll* be doing, and let people back me up if they want to. When I'm dead, I start running commentary on enemy ship locations and whether they've used torpedoes/damage control/repair party/etc.

It's worked out surprisingly well so far.

Telling people to do X generally gets met with an innate resistance, because no one trusts each other to call the shots (Unless you're Eurobeat or something). However, by stating clearly what you will do and making copious use of F3, F4, F5 and F6, as well as map pings, you can basically get the entire team to coordinate. Some of my best battles have occurred with me not typing a single word whatsoever, but simply using map pings and the F3 command to indicate what I'm doing. 

Generally speaking, the bulk of teammates you see are actively trying to win. The trick is not to expect them to play the way they desire, but to complement their play by giving them opportunities you create, or exploiting opportunities they create. You don't really need a lot of shared language comprehension for that.

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

I never type any messages, being a new player i am more focused on trying to get my fingers to press the right control keys! lol

As far as team work goes, i just try to support any movement i see taking place.... simples.

Also i want to draw enemy fire if i have health.... and move into a supporting role with less health, but i should not end a game with more than half my health!! lol

As a new player, this is how i can best help the team.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

I'm looking at this and keeping on looking for like 2 hours.... I still don't get it. Do you think by adding communication thing in a team you'll make Teamplay any better?? Just think about what you're saying.... I'm not talking about game...  It is the individual players doing idiotic stuff on mic in a team based game..... Well I'm an Indian so When I played CS:Go players used to play songs(I dont really care but they are soo freaking funny that you'll die laughing)(Distraction tactics)

songs like this for example..

And Well we were on discord meh it was kinda something special that day and a guy was shouting stopping all the communication what so ever....

And any MMO game ever will have same problems......On the side note lets say you are doing communication doing team play and all that, fine but don't you think enemy team would be doing same???

Man just get some friends call them on skype do all the communication in the world in a 3 man division and win the matches pure and simple...And if you think the boxes are all about teamplay or something else about the game they are not...Box box language is where Players trying to know about eachother and that's it nothing added to that.... Even if i meet any Indian player we go to our native language and know about eachother.... That is why they go silent when you ask them to talk in English..

1,105 posts
7,834 battles

Cuz remember: Better communication = Better performance = Profit? :playing:

Language is a Barrier you cant overcome easily

in Dota2 - there is prefered Language option on match  setting, so you get matched with people using same speech if available

its a way to improve in game communication, on diverse region

[CLAY]
57 posts
5,127 battles

I understand everyone's point of view. 

As what has been mentioned, I created this post to get creative ideas and solutions to bring the community together to enhance the game experience to a further level.

I apologize if I had offended any of you in any possible way.

:nerv_fish:

340 posts
7,049 battles

Sometimes ill write "plan?" as the game starts. Its always 50/50 if anyone has any suggestions. Other times ill state which way im heading and usually ill get an "affirmative" and see some players move with me to support etc. Sometimes not and its just silence...lol

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,858 battles

I still don't get what's the point of f7 and f8 though, they has same function, probably F7 should be replaced with "Get Back" or something, we need that command because people often just over-extend because he thinks he got support.

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles

Radial chat menu and a way to tell friendly about your position, consumable cool-downs etc. Not hard to do, look at Dota2, you just alt click on your ability and the game tells your teammates about that.

Sign in to follow this