Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Swiftsure_08

Trying premium ships maybe?

4 comments in this topic

1,386 posts
8,246 battles

Well, I think the devs can give people a chance to try premium ships before we actually buy them. For example, I bought Atlanta, I played her for a while, and I regret.

So why not make all premiums available for purchase in PT? Just like in 0.5.16 PT but with more ships.

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

Premium ships are there to temp you to spend money..... and if it was really good, you would be happy, and it would be much longer before you would buy another one.

I will tell you one thing..... if the Atlanta in this game was able to take the kind of pounding the real Atlanta received at Guadalcanal, you would have one damn good ship!

Its the same story for many ships in this game though.... the pounding they received in real life, and even torpedoed but did not sink in battle, sometimes scuttled afterwards, but not sinking in battle. You see all these ships sinking in WOW left and right, its SOOO not how it works in reality at all hahahaha, but its the time scale you have to work with that is the problem.

Edit: i bought the Molotov and regretted it, but, whenever random battles a loading slowly, i can take my molotov into co-op and its the perfect ship to hone long range skills, evasion, and torping!

Edited by Sy_dn_ey

[AAADD]
61 posts

For the Atlanta treat her as an oversized DD that hunts enemy DDs. Don't go head first into a brawl. Use her as a pure support ship along with a battleship. Stay behind or seek cover of islands and battleships. Always keep moving and turning. 

This ships is great but, takes a very experienced player to use her.

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

For the Atlanta treat her as an oversized DD that hunts enemy DDs. Don't go head first into a brawl. Use her as a pure support ship along with a battleship. Stay behind or seek cover of islands and battleships. Always keep moving and turning. 

This ships is great but, takes a very experienced player to use her.

I had just the other day watched a documentary on the Atlanta, and saw the sailors interviewed, etc etc. State of the art at the time, massive air defense capability, better than any other cruiser in ww2

It did exactly what you said it should not do... went head first into a brawl at Guadalcanal -  torped and bombarded by the Japanese on one side and pummeled by another American ship on the other side, AND SURVIVED, but was later scuttled.

So i don't know what is that ship they gave you in the game which you 'cannot go head first into a brawl' is??

Edit: they did not scuttle it because it was damaged beyond repair, apparently they had trouble towing it to safety, that's why.... tough little ship

Edited by Sy_dn_ey

Sign in to follow this