You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BravaZulu296

It appears german ships aren't actuality that OP

14 comments in this topic

346 posts

So I was playing with my colorado and a Scharanhorst appeared  I fired AP while the scaranhorst had it's bow pointed to me (I was covering my own retreat) and then I got a citadel on the scaranhorst

Would I have lolpenned that scaranhorst or will it work with all German BBs

1,386 posts
8,233 battles

You can check Scharnhorst's armor model using the in-game armor viewer. If you don't have Scharnhorst, you can check Gneisenau's, their armor is pretty similar.
Scharnhorst has a waterline belt 70mm thick at her bow. This belt can bounce off all AP in game when Scharnhorst is "bowing-off", but there's the 25mm hull that can be overmatched by any AP with a caliber of more than 357.5mm.
So aim slightly higher and you can penetrate.
This trick works on Scharnhorst, Gneisenau, Bismarck, Tirpitz, and to an extent, Friedrich Der Große.
Großer's 60mm bow armor covers almost the entire bow and hitting that 32mm hull is difficult as hell.

The maximum caliber of AP a armor plate/hull can bounce off is 14.3x of it's thickness.

So with all top tier battleships' hull 32mm, Yamato's guns becomes the lolpen gun.

Edited by _Halcyon

563 posts
4,686 battles

Every single German BB's bow is covered by a unique plating that can't be lolpenned by anything, the thickness varies from 60mm-150mm, and it mostly covers the bottom half of the bow. GK has almost completely invincible bow.

[KGHSF]
3,207 posts
6,043 battles

Why don't you try shoot at superstructure or deck ? Because they focus only waterline belt in other words their shells still bad dispersion (not 100% accurate and depends on RNG) it's true if they bow on you and can't head on but you still could hit them somehow

So did you try to shoot below the deck?

346 posts

Why don't you try shoot at superstructure or deck ? Because they focus only waterline belt in other words their shells still bad dispersion (not 100% accurate and depends on RNG) it's true if they bow on you and can't head on but you still could hit them somehow

So did you try to shoot below the deck?

I fired at superstucture aiming to pierce conning tower

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

Well every ship has their strengths and weaknesses. You just have to capitalize on your strengths and hide your weaknesses as much as you can, and it will make other thinks that your ship is OP.

82 posts
2,945 battles

Scharn seems to be very easy to cit specially and weirdly enough, when up close and angled. Gneis also seem to have this funny armor gimmick but dont get me wrong i rather be on my stock gneis than on my izumo in a t9 match

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

but even when you citadel GKs, GK is like, what was that...... lel, did I even lose HP....

GK:oh im a GK, i can go broadside and not give a F becuase lol armor

montana:lol