You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Storm_Raiser

People who take forever to load into the battle.

105 comments in this topic

415 posts
10,918 battles

Is anybody else totally sick of people who take forever to load into the battle ... if it's a DD or CV like it usually is the whole team is immediately at a disadvantage ... yet when I tell them that, I am the A-hole ... it's getting beyond a joke... these potatoes and their crappy PC's are ruining this game.    hell I have an 8 year old rig and slow internet yet I can still load in time to start at the normal time.

There HAS to be something we/and/or WG can do to fix this problem ... 2-3 of these spuds on every team in 90% of battles is just too much. 

415 posts
10,918 battles

Actually ... forget it ...nothing will change and it'll only get worse... I only have 2 weeks premium  and very few doubloons left ... was a fun 18 months or so but I think it's time to find a less annoying game to play.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

[Triggered]

the game load is become much heavy. now i barely get into the match when the match start. some even after 1 minutes. iused to get into the game in 20 sec before it start

and not every one afford an SSD

440 posts
3,379 battles

[Triggered]

Please don't be triggered senpoi :(

But to OP, I know it's quite a hard thing just to pass by on since that slow loading ship can become an important asset towards victory, but I agree with what xp said, not everyone can just go out and spend their money to upgrade their pc, at times like that you need to improvise on an alternative plan towards victory if your dd or cv is slowly loading into the game. if you lose remember that this is only a game, you can be serious but don't be too serious.

But then again, you seem like you'll be going to another game, so all I want to say is have fun in that new game :)

Edited by rouge42

415 posts
10,918 battles

not everyone can just go out and spend their money to upgrade their pc, 

I am one of those people ... like I said my PC is 8 years old (no SSD) and I can load in time

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

I am one of those people ... like I said my PC is 8 years old (no SSD) and I can load in time

your PC is old, but if you spend lots of money in it, it will still better than others.

my current GPU is still gave lower bencmark score than an old GPU that 6 years ago....

but yeah..sorry if i kinda triggered. it just that it not fair to blame the lost to them. i do know it is importance but what should we do?

i even know someone who play with compressed visual and not even see the camo....

Edited by XP_On

415 posts
10,918 battles

but what should we do?

A simple benchmark test would suffice ... if your PC fails to load quickly enough you can only play Co-op .....

or

If you are still absent 2 min into the battle a bot takes over ... not that bots are great but it's better than an idle ship the enemy can use for target practice

415 posts
10,918 battles

BTW I'm wide open to suggestions for a new game to play... I have no idea what's even around these days since all I've played is WoWs for around 18 months ... I don't think we're allowed to talk about it here so please PM me if you have a suggestion.

Edited by Storm_Raiser

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

A simple benchmark test would suffice ... if your PC fails to load quickly enough you can only play Co-op .....

or

If you are still absent 2 min into the battle a bot takes over ... not that bots are great but it's better than an idle ship the enemy can use for target practice

oh.. good advice.

we need to tell this to all player...

let all who can play random became a player who have good computer. so it dont matter if they understand the game, nor the skill to carry the game.. as long as they are rich, have a good computer they can play the game.

all who have old computer can just go cry in the corner and regret why they have less money to spend on this game.....

for me. i dont care if that player AFK for 10 minutes cause i have seen someone who DC 3x in a match but still manage to carry the team.

load faster and die in 3 minutes wont do good on team winning rate..

ah i know, you can start a clan, and pick a player who load as fast as you are and all of you can join a clan battle where none of your team took longer to load. cause last time i read, the requirement of this game is not consist of having a SSD.

and 1 last word from me to you:

WOT

Edited by XP_On

1,126 posts

me is lenovo y560

medium setting

about 30-40 sec late into match for a first few match

10 sec late for later match (since game component are ready)

for lowest setting

10-20 sec late for first few match

just in time for a later match

game will considerably load faster if I'm keep play same tier and found relatively same ship every match (10 sec to spare)

but if I'm switch tier and found new ship... load time will take bit more longer

high & ultra high??? what's that? is it delicious??? :D

Edited by PGM991

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Fyi, part of it is Wargaming's silly data archives.

First time load times for me are always huge, especially on high tiers with many large texture files and plenty of details to be loaded.

And that's on a rig that's playing Der Hexer (Name changed to avoid promotion of non-WG videogames) on high graphics setting at 70fps...

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Please don't be triggered senpoi :(

sorry, already triggered. :(

:(

sorry risa, but i know that person is a good player and it is not her fault to have a crappy PC 

high & ultra high??? what's that? is it delicious??? :D

it a something that might not even show in our dream ....

[CLAY]
57 posts
5,127 battles

I play on med-high, custom settings.

Screw the trees and islands- well medium for those.

Best quality on the ship models. :playing:

As well as the effects...need those minor animations and details for maximum experience..:great:

Load times 20-30 sec before match.

But I understand your frustration, bear in mind like the others have mentioned. Not everyone can afford a powerful rig for games. 

I suppose being afk for 1-2 minutes is understandable. Though usually those who havent moved for 5mins+ I usually report them. 

I cant defend these players much, since sometimes I go afk for a bit- the urge to go to the toilet or change/select music. :bajan:

I guess for you, the solution is to party up in a division, and bother with your division itself for the experience.

Edited by Crim7AmbiencE

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

As per the ToS, players are responsible for their own systems and internet connection.

I have to warn people, though, that failing to load into matches consistently, or loading in after being killed consistently is pretty much considered to be equivalent to deliberate AFKing or botting. The threshold for this is set pretty high - one or two random disconnects won't trigger sanctions. Loading in late won't really trigger sanctions, as far as I'm aware. However, repeatedly failing to load in, or many, many instances of loading in super late and not accomplishing anything in battle can result in possible sanctions.

Reason for this is pretty much outlined in the original post - by failing to load into matches, players are putting their team at a disadvantage and making the game a lot less fun for the team who has to fight at a numerical disadvantage. Whilst the minimum system requirements are generally set to let as many people as possible play the game, there's a limit to how low is acceptable.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

On this account I wanna speak as well... Because I sometimes(yesterday) happened to be Windows Update and It was using lot of the HDD Memory as that I couldn't see what was happening I thought it was something that had to do with the game or Internet..... So after 5hrs of scratching my head It was Freaking Update and had to stop it.....Boom everything back to normal again... So... I'm sorry If I made you lose games not Like I've never been a burden before even if I loaded quickly.... But if i really knew the shit I would have stopped even before it had started...

Super Tester
7,558 posts
8,001 battles

[Triggered]

the game load is become much heavy. now i barely get into the match when the match start. some even after 1 minutes. iused to get into the game in 20 sec before it start

and not every one afford an SSD

I don't have SSD, I am never late in the game.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

guess i'll repost it here too :

having long loading time? slow loading? slow spawn time? failed to enter battle? or whatever u call it?

this is usually happening when :

• u are running out of RAM. then windows dump some process from RAM to pagefile(virtual memory). this process is eating the HDD resource, making HDD got 100% usage. when HDD usage is full, the game is hardly can read anything from HDD. and the game can't read the resource it need (texture, model, environment, etc), u can't load into battle
  • windows process is using HDD to full usage. the cause can be vary, like:
    • ram full > dumping ram process to pagefile(virtual memory) <-the most cause of this problem
    • windows updating
    • antivirus scanning
    • a program is installing
    • svchost is doing something that i don't know what is it doing :(. its system windows process btw.
    • etc
  • ur HDD is unhealty or maybe dying (bad sector/fragmented/etc)

how to fix this problem :

• temporary measure can be done with :
    1. restarting the game
    2. killing other process, such : internet browser(chrome/firefox/opera/etc), unused windows service, background task, unused program, etc
    3. restarting the computer
  • permanent measure can be done with :
    1. downloadmoreram. ok i was joking on this 1. serious note -> add more ram to ur system. 
      • But, if ur system has more than enough ram, see no.2 or no.3 measure.
    2. move the game to different hard-drive
      • make sure windows system drive and ur game are in different hard-drive. (remember. not different partition, but whole different physical drive).
        • for example : look at picture 1 in spoiler.
        • my windows is installed in partition C on drive 2/disk 2. I dont install the game on partition C/D/E/F/G (since my disk 2 contain partition C-G)
        • i install the game on partition H on drive 1/disk 1
      • make sure the drive where ur game is installed is NOT set as pagefile/virtual memory drive (if u have more than 1 hard-drive)
        • for example : look at picture 2 in spoiler
        • since my game is installed on disk 2 which contain partition H and I, i dont set any pagefile(virtual memory) on those partition
    3. if u can't add more hard drive (for example, laptop that impossible to add more than 1 HDD), then USE SSD.

Picture 1

CTgjm3T.png

i used to have long loading time (3-5 minutes loading time)

but, after i buy new HDD and moved my game to the new HDD, the game loading fast enough (15s - 60s) even with heavy skin mods installed

-snip- to call u

maybe my quote above can be pinned to performanec Q/A thread. since there so many thread about slow loading :/

44 posts
6,348 battles

Sick of DDs that don't start moving until two minutes into the game and sick of the excuses. Such is life, if you can't get into games on time go and find something else to do instead of ruining the game for everyone else.

1,386 posts
8,237 battles

I think WG has made this game configuration-friendly.

I am running in a config 4 years ago.

E3-1230v2 2*4GB RAM HD7870

The storage is a UA SCSI HDD unit, 2TB 5400RPM 2.5"

I can now load within 50secs for the first game and down to about 20secs later.