Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Swiftsure_08

A wierd trend in community(ies?)

29 comments in this topic

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

I start seeing this trend among many WoWS forums, including Tieba(a forum site in mainland China), this forum and Reddit.

I see battleship players constantly being blamed for nerfs of ships.

For example, Shimakaze's long range torps were nerfed, battleship players were blamed. They were called baBBies who don't know how to "WASD hack"

Another example, US CVs were nerfed and AA was reworked, battleship players were blamed. They were called baBBies who don't stick with their team and cry to WG.

But, are battleship players really noobs who don't know how to play?

Both Isokaze and Minekaze have been having their 7km 68knots torpedoes since OBT (IDK about CBT and earlier), and are constantly used for seal clubbing. If battleship players don't maneuver, how could they survive these brutal seal clubbing?

And back before Shimakaze was nerfed, not only battleships were torped. Cruisers were often torped by Shima, so they didn't know how to "WASD hack". Carriers sometimes got torped early in the game, and they were noobs unaware of the existence of "WASD hacks". And destroyers were often torped and sunk, so they don't WASD. Wait, what? Destroyers don't WASD, and no one knows how to WASD?

And srsly, I once considered WASD-ing a hack. Now I give up calling WASD a hack, after I got my Großer Kurfürst. WASD-ing in a T10 battleship just isn't a great hack anymore. It's still useful, but isn't a hack.

And when the AA rework happened, CVs all cried and complained about battleship players being WG's favorite.

But just think, wasn't OBT CV OP? One vessel one strike, and surface ship players could just pray the enemy CV don't choose him as the next target.

And when US CVs were nerfed, battleship players were once again, blamed. But actually destroyers also benefit from this, as they will only need to face one group of US dense torps, and the 1000lbs bombers' accuracy isn't good, making bombing destroyers harder.

And don't forget Langley and Hosho, also used for seal clubbing. If battleship players don't know how to stick with their teammates, how could they survive the low tiers? Don't forget Both USN and IJN T4 battleships' stock hull have little to none AA defense.

And does the devs really care about our opinion? They are Russians in St. Petersburg, and they play WoWS RU. When Midway players complain about being underpowered, did they care? No. Why? Look at this fact.

In WoWS RU, over the past two weeks, Midway had 49.55% WR and 102K average damage. So the devs don't think MW is really underpowered.

I'm just wondering, why people think battleships are easy to play and their players are noob? Sure battleships need less APM, but they aren't easier to play than other surface ships.

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

A big target, needs to wait 30 seconds to fire, screwed up by dispersion, spammed by everyone... that's a bb. So when cv and ijn dds suck, which is a common case, they look at a bb got first place in team score and start whining that bbs are op. I am yet to see a bb driver whining against dd torps or cv drop.

But it is also true that, bbs are the main reason for most losses, cause the dont know what to do to win.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

A big target, needs to wait 30 seconds to fire, screwed up by dispersion, spammed by everyone... that's a bb. So when cv and ijn dds suck, which is a common case, they look at a bb got first place in team score and start whining that bbs are op. I am yet to see a bb driver whining against dd torps or cv drop.

But it is also true that, bbs are the main reason for most losses, cause the dont know what to do to win.

Lol 3k posts ..

Back to the Topic...... Meh I don't mind them asking buffs..... But just to make their class great they start posting nerf posts...... And today I was DS'd by a Hiryu in a Furutaka because our CV player was not so much of a multi tasker...... Nothing towards him........... But I don't make a new thread to Nerf CV...

I instead ask to change how the MM is....... there are only 2 classes which are being benefited by MM BBs and CVs.... I don't care much about BBs.. why?? Dispersion it is just too unpredictable to make an impact on the game... Only player in a BB who can carry the game would be the player who has luck on his side.....

CVs if they are top tier can easily DS low tiered CAs DDs even BBs which they complain about......

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,858 battles

Is that sarcasm?

563 posts
4,686 battles

I dunno about CV.. They are in a bad position now but, if they return. There's not a lot of counter to CV, only other CV can counter it. But when the other CV can't counter it then.. 

GG 

No chance.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles

i havnt seen many people saying that CV drops are OP, annoying as hell, yes, but not OP. although that might because i mostly play with unicums :3

563 posts
4,686 battles

I dunno about CV.. They are in a bad position now but, if they return. There's not a lot of counter to CV, only other CV can counter it. But when the other CV can't counter it then.. 

GG 

No chance.

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles

Battleships are epic and they have a majestic presence *cough*sarcasm .
Battleships are very popular and widespread so many newer players play them first. Many believe in the myth that only a BB will be the king on the battlefield and they acted as such. However , the game is rock paper scissor and they do not work the same way as IRL. SO THEY GOT FRUSTRATED , more or less.
BB is a class of ship that demand significant skill in positioning, target choosing, understanding of mechanics as you do not have mobility to be flexible.
Many blindly trusted on their high HP pool and armour. So when they get rekted over and over they move further and further to the back to everyone dismay. 
All classes face their own problems , but BB are most recognizable because they form the line of battle to anchor the team and most other ships rely on that sturdy anchor. Right now they are in a very favorable position due to their natural predators get nerfed.

Oh yeah and to you must know that tier 8+ BB have trouble turning , they have far worst turning capability and the massive torp wall will delete them with ease

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

Battleships seem to have escaped the nerfhammer for quite an interesting number of patches now....

Oh not that again… Well battleships did get nerfed, and I think I managed to list 7 nerfs some or all battleships got after open beta ended last time…

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

However , the game is rock paper scissor

Stopped reading your comment as soon as I saw this.

This sentence means you haven't been trolled by a Zao or probably a Mikhail Kutuzov.

Should be changed to "should have been".

I'm not questioning the low tier balance, at low tiers, while not balanced ship to ship, battleships do suppress cruisers, cruisers do suppress destroyers, and destroyers do suppress battleships.

But at high tiers, some cruisers can challenge battleships with ease. Ibuki and Zao for example, with their long range (with the range mod), can easily spam HE at battleships from a great distance while maintain undetected, or if they are detected, they can maneuver and avoid getting hit. 

Edited by _Halcyon

[CLAY]
57 posts
5,127 battles

Stopped reading your comment as soon as I saw this.

This sentence means you haven't been trolled by a Zao or probably a Mikhail Kutuzov.

Should be changed to "should have been".

I'm not questioning the low tier balance, at low tiers, while not balanced ship to ship, battleships do suppress cruisers, cruisers do suppress destroyers, and destroyers do suppress battleships.

But at high tiers, some cruisers can challenge battleships with ease. Ibuki and Zao for example, with their long range (with the range mod), can easily spam HE at battleships from a great distance while maintain undetected, or if they are detected, they can maneuver and avoid getting hit. 

Freakin Moskvas.....call em Mosquitoes, you shoot at them and they vanish, then they'll keep coming at ya. 

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

Freakin Moskvas.....call em Mosquitoes, you shoot at them and they vanish, then they'll keep coming at ya. 

Yeah I was thinking about those annoying things… But I one-salvoed a Moskva showing full broadside at my GK 10km away two days ago, so I didn't include Moskva.

But Moskvas bowing off at you at distance are really really annoying

683 posts
7,345 battles

I can't play CV, I'm really bad at it. Only thing I noticed is the team really depends on a good CV player. If one outperform the other, well, GG. But I still love to have CV in game, though I have no idea how to make their impact not too significant in matches :)

I'm mainly a BB and CA player. I got deleted in BB multiple times for not careful and sailing in straight line, or didn't read the mini map properly until got myself in a bad situation. Too sluggish to turn, cannot outrun, and too big to fall off detection easily.

Each classes has its own way of playing it, and... I guess none of them are easy..

[CLAY]
57 posts
5,127 battles

Yeah I was thinking about those annoying things… But I one-salvoed a Moskva showing full broadside at my GK 10km away two days ago, so I didn't include Moskva.

But Moskvas bowing off at you at distance are really really annoying

Exactly, Moskva Showing bow at 20kms away = Mosquito stalking you while you are in your sleep.

hmmmmm.....GKs....:sceptic:...Ill get you one day.....

350 posts

Each classes has its own way of playing it, and... I guess none of them are easy..

You can say that again.

@ topic - People just see battleships as kings of the sea and like their land counterparts - trucks. Their size is a liability when it comes to steering and concealment.

Sure, they could hit like a brick, but they maneuver like one too. Not only that, they have a sign that says "Hit me" compared to the other classes since they could not be seen easily or are just too far away to be attacked.

As for the old rock, paper, scissors diagram, everyone who has played WOWs would realize that it goes both ways. A DD can fight back using torpedoes, a CL/CA could return fire using HE or even torpedoes, and BBs could use HE on soft targets to deal damage and maybe even cause fires or incapacitate modules.

As for CVs, anyone could sink them once they're found and their plane's ordnance can be dodged with practice. 

All in all, it is actually the players who perceive that their favorite ships are being steamrolled by other ships, not because the ships could not fight back, but the player himself doesn't know how to do so. Thus, the present topics of nerf this, buff that in the forums.

What could be done, just learn what your ship is capable of, trust your teammates, join a division, and finally, git good.

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

All in all, it is actually the players who perceive that their favorite ships are being steamrolled by other ships, not because the ships could not fight back, but the player himself doesn't know how to do so. Thus, the present topics of nerf this, buff that in the forums.

Here, truth be spoken my friend. Let's stop this argument which is really going no where.

For someone who thinks X class is OP, stop whining and play X class for the wins. Easy solution.

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

As for CVs, anyone could sink them once they're found and their plane's ordnance can be dodged with practice. 

No.

Top tier CV, like Taiho, Hakuryu and Midway has armored flight deck, making all AP shells useless against their deck. Also their deck is immune from nearly all kinds of HE. And their hull are nearly immune from 127mm HE. They are also fast and hard to catch.

While destroyers can avoid getting hit by torps, they are still prone to be hit by bombs. High tier cruisers are less maneuverable and sometimes get hit by torps. As for top tier battleships, well I don't think anyone can avoid getting hit by torps from an experienced CV player.

Sign in to follow this