Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
2ShotsShort

Struggling with the Koing

28 comments in this topic

21 posts
1,280 battles

Had the Koing now for a couple of days and have been playing it a fair bit as it's my only T5 ship (besides ARP ships).

Have played about 15 games in it and have only won 1 of those games, just seems like the ship is a downgrade from the kaiser in every way even gun accuracy and armour but this could just be due to the matchmaking that everyone love so much.

Am I playing the ship the wrong way? how do the fellow forum member play the Koing?

21 posts
1,280 battles

You need the hull upgrades asap. 1 win out of 15 is hard. I suggest you change your ship and class for a few days, then come back to it.

That's exactly what I've done, even got the first hull upgrade :( . had such high hopes for the Koing after coming from the Kaiser.

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

That's exactly what I've done, even got the first hull upgrade :( . had such high hopes for the Koing after coming from the Kaiser.

It could also be because of Tier 5 is now a bad tier to grind. I would say, don't heavily grind it, just go with the first win everyday.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,991 battles

The Konig is very tanky, but the guns are lackluster at long range against BBs. Instead, aim for cruiser citadels (its still good enough for that) and BB upper belts. Only aim for BB citadels at close range. The reload is great so make use of it to outtrade enemies.

21 posts
1,280 battles

The Konig is very tanky, but the guns are lackluster at long range against BBs. Instead, aim for cruiser citadels (its still good enough for that) and BB upper belts. Only aim for BB citadels at close range. The reload is great so make use of it to outtrade enemies.

I wouldn't agree on the tanky part when you get hit by a Phoenix for 2k every time.

but cheers for that advice :) 

21 posts
1,280 battles

That is impossible. Only for first 1-2 salvo. But you can heal it back.

It's what it seemed like but i'll play another quick game in it today and see how I go.

21 posts
1,280 battles

If you struggle with the best tier 5 BB called Konig, then imagine how you'll do on a New York :teethhappy:

I really struggle to see how the koing is t5 best girl. Im more successful in the New York

Edited by 2ShotsShort

892 posts
7,853 battles

The Konig's guns are not the best compared to other T5 BB especially at long range. She is however super tanky and if you keep her angled, the Konig can take a lot. Her secondary guns are quite decent too. In stock mode, she is painful to play but when fully upgraded, that's when the fun begins.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Get yourself Hull C and say Cy(edited) Bly(edited) RUSH B!!!!!.... German armor is stronk and you might wanna go CQC against Kongo and Angled brawl against New York..... If he starts being Smart(Edited)s  Load HE and say BURN!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

21 posts
1,280 battles

Get yourself Hull C and say Cy(edited) Bly(edited) RUSH B!!!!!.... German armor is stronk and you might wanna go CQC against Kongo and Angled brawl against New York..... If he starts being Smart(Edited)s  Load HE and say BURN!!!!!!!!!

Stronk German armor for German bias and blitzkrieg tatics I see and set ships alight like they did london? thank you :) 

21 posts
1,280 battles

The Konig's guns are not the best compared to other T5 BB especially at long range. She is however super tanky and if you keep her angled, the Konig can take a lot. Her secondary guns are quite decent too. In stock mode, she is painful to play but when fully upgraded, that's when the fun begins.

Yeah the ship stock is horrid to play, i've only got the last hull upgrade to go so hopefully it becomes better.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

I really struggle to see how the koing is t5 best girl. Im more successful in the New York

accurate guns=consistent damage, non existent citadel, very good agility and good gun placement.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Stronk German armor for German bias and blitzkrieg tatics I see and set ships alight like they did london? thank you :) 

I always play T4 - T7 We can share some knowledge if you want.....like division maybe..... 
Edited by Aaditya_AJ

21 posts
1,280 battles

accurate guns=consistent damage, non existent citadel, very good agility and good gun placement.

Just had a game in the New York with my shells being rather accurate when I gave enough lead.

21 posts
1,280 battles

I always play T4 - T7 We can share some knowledge if you want.....like division maybe..... 

Sounds like that could be a plan :honoring:

Edited by 2ShotsShort

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

look forward to tier VI KM BB then. its guns are way horrible than konig.

konig is really solid BB. has accurate guns to deal with Cruisers. her guns can pen colorado and nagato armor while other tier V are struggling to pen them.

you should put cruiser as priority target since you can easily delete them with well aim salvo with her accurate guns, then help your other bb on dealing with higher tier BB.

21 posts
1,280 battles

look forward to tier VI KM BB then. its guns are way horrible than konig.

konig is really solid BB. has accurate guns to deal with Cruisers. her guns can pen colorado and nagato armor while other tier V are struggling to pen them.

you should put cruiser as priority target since you can easily delete them with well aim salvo with her accurate guns, then help your other bb on dealing with higher tier BB.

deleting kuma captians when they sail broadside to a BB is my favourite past time. 

Super Tester
419 posts
4,212 battles

Here is my advice, you can check my profile for my stat with the Konig

- Always angle. You don't need to show broadside to use all your guns. Using 8/10 guns is fine.

- Always keep half-3/4 speed, you are faster than all US BB you meet, but slower than IJN, keep your speed on maneuverale level while staying in safe position where you wouldn't die to focus fire is the key.

- Aim cruiser. Lower tier cruiser are mostly potatoes who show you broadside for ez devastating strike

- Don't try to aim destroyer from too far out, remember their torp range to keep a safe distance from them. Always go zig zag. 

- When a DD try to rush you, refrain from firing unless you can get off another salvo before he can torp you. Wait for him to turn then shoot. Often 5-8k damage that way

- Against other BB your gun fire faster and your armor can shrugg off a lot of damage if you angle. If they bow on you can take the chance to make a 180 turn from them if you think you do't want to be near them AFTER they fire their front guns.

- Aim for the waterline, not much citadel because smaller caliber but a lot of normal penetration and reliable damage.

Sign in to follow this