You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Advancer231

USS Alabama Only for Supertesters

58 comments in this topic

75 posts
4,778 battles

So I was going through the patch notes and was reading the section about the new Alabama premium, only to read the segment that states that she'll only be given to Supertesters and can't be acquired at all by anyone else once testing's done [edited].

Am I missing something here, or is WG seriously doing this?

Edited by Advancer231

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,801 battles

So I was going through the patch notes and was reading the section about the new Alabama premium, only to read the segment that states that she'll only be given to Supertesters and can't be acquired at all by anyone else..

Am I missing something here, or is WG seriously doing this?

Its added for testing.

WG needs data to balance the ship.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

It so not fair !!! Supertester only? what a joke? this is madness!!!

arent all ship is like this? being tested first before released?

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
943 posts
5,632 battles

"Added a Premium US Tier VIII battleship Alabama for testing by developers and supertesters.

She will only be available to/added to players' accounts for volunteer supertesters. It will not be possible to purchase her, send her as a gift, or win her as a reward during any events."

http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/public-test-0516-key-feature/

Not sure this was well worded. Can see how OP could come to his conclusion.

To me it sounds like the normal live testing before release.

Beta Tester
129 posts
4,349 battles

That  news had sparked  controversies on the NA and EU forum.I would rather wait and see before putting up the pitch forks.Also even if it will be exclusively  for Supertesters only,whats the big deal about it?At the end of the day,its just a  pixle ship.Is it worth the time and rant about a pixle ship?

Besides,a tech tree version of her will eventually come in the 2nd USN BB line and its not like WG wouldn't be able to make another version of her(with a different name) to sell to the public.

Edited by Vanguisher88

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,453 battles

Alabama is a reward for Supertesters whose service record in Supertester team is over 6 months, that never broke the NDA, and that have contributed a lot in helping the developers balancing the game.

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/12/12/wows-tap-insider-news-12-xii-2016/

1,068 posts
3,845 battles

Not sure this was well worded.

They REALLY need to fire their translator whose day job if writing Chinese to English furniture assembly instructions.

Having to try and interpret patch notes when they come out is getting real old fast.

250 posts
13,136 battles

Maybe AL will be ST rewards which is fair since they contribute for balance sake without any reward.

For normal players like us might receive Massachusetts ​as buyable T8 premium ship instead. And WG never declare everything clear in the past (some added up in last minute before patch hits)

So we shall wait and see how their decision goes and not overacting about the rumors.

BTW more patch updates

Campaign [uPDATED]

During the Public test, players will be able to test two new campaigns. These Campaigns consists of several missions which open in series with an interval of several hours, regardless of players' performance (whether the previous mission has been completed or not). In general, the conditions to complete campaigns will be significantly eased.

The main prize for one of the campaign will be the battleship "Mikasa" whereas the other campaign will be available only to owners of "Mikasa". The main prize for this campaign is a unique permanent camo for battleship Texas. Also during the campaign, you will be able to earn other ships, camouflages, along with free experience and credits.

Edited by New_Horizontal

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,179 battles

Maybe AL will be ST rewards which is fair since they contribute for balance sake without any reward.

No rewards..?

Maybe reward means something different where you're from.

Tee

250 posts
13,136 battles

No rewards..?

Maybe reward means something different where you're from.

Tee

Then enlighten me what privilege ST get apart from have a special signature and being the first to get the hand on ships for test purpose only? 

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,003 battles

To Be honest I don't think WG could have picked a worse ship to give the Super Testers, after so many players have waited for a T8 US premium and then just taunt us by holding it over our heads is pretty mean.

For me personally I won't au over $100 to get the Missouri but I would have happily paid $70-80 for the Alabama and an awful large number of players on all forums are feeling the same right now.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Then enlighten me what privilege ST get apart from have a special signature and being the first to get the hand on ships for test purpose only? 

Super tester got [NDA]

they also got [NDA]

and [NDA]

38 posts
2,897 battles

Basically what the patch note is saying, is that USS Alabama is added for TESTING. Not for SUPERTESTERS only FOREVER.

cb4d4a3757.png

It's already confirmed though. TBH I don't really care which ships we receive since I don't feel any emotional attached to these ships like NA players. However, with the amount of shitstorm they are raising over there I think WG will changes their decisions and make Alabama available for all while ST will receive it for free.

671 posts
1,508 battles

cb4d4a3757.png

It's already confirmed though. TBH I don't really care which ships we receive since I don't feel any emotional attached to these ships like NA players. However, with the amount of shitstorm they are raising over there I think WG will changes their decisions and make Alabama available for all while ST will receive it for free.

Ah crap, oh well I am still human. Read the patch from Armoured Patrol. Forgive me....

1,386 posts
8,222 battles

From the official wiki

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Camouflage

There's a special camouflage for the supertesters

I also heard that they have a memorial flag for being a ST.

Also I think they can keep the credits they earn during test. (The QA about ST told me about the credits.)

10 posts
4,406 battles

my biggest problem with this is that its a entirely new ship class.. if they have to give the super-testers a reward ship then why not just make a variant of one the existing ships? this is the stupidest decision i have ever bloody heard of