Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TechnoGore

Whinge about points

24 comments in this topic

110 posts
1,474 battles

Yes it's a rant.

http://imgur.com/a/YMxgI 

Won't let me put it in an image tag for some reason. 

This is two brothers map, standard 4 cap points. For me, the match ended when my game was only just beginning. I picked a flank that was heavily outnumbered, and had only just finished whittling down the numbers and HP enough to the point where I could actually start attacking instead of playing defensively. Seven of the enemy team are still alive.

I don't play the game for cap victories, I play for shooting other ships. I do think it is important to capture caps, to maintain your teams points, to try get a victory when your team is heavily losing, or to end a game when the enemy survivors decide to run away. However I primarily play to shoot (and get shot by) other ships. It is frustrating for me to have so many games end where 1/3 or more enemy ships are still alive, which I'm guessing is mostly a problem because of how averse to taking damage people are. 

Just so it isn't entirely a ranty whiny post, would it help to increase the starting (so you can't quickly sink ships and win by points=same result) and total points required to win? Or is increasing total points required just going to lead to matches taking too long?

On the other hand increasing points would also avoid the situation where you can win a flank, sail for 5 minutes to try get some more action, and than win/lose game when you finally get into range of enemies. 

Edited by TechnoGore

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

Only if a good amount of players feels the same as you, which I don't think they do.

And this.... 

"I don't play the game for cap victories, I play for shooting other ships."

No my friend, I would be careful if you are in my team. Cause I do not like "No Cap Kill All" approach. You are just playing and humiliating the losing team which is no need. You don't take a chance, you end the game at the first chance you get. I play to win, but at the same time I focus on dealing a good amount of damage while contributing as much as I can. So far my best was about 130k damage in first 6 minutes with a BB. So you just need to focus on proper target to deal a lot of damage before the game ends.

[AE]
200 posts
9,488 battles

Only if a good amount of players feels the same as you, which I don't think they do.

And this....

No my friend, I would be careful if you are in my team. Cause I do not like "No Cap Kill All" approach. You are just playing and humiliating the losing team which is no need. You don't take a chance, you end the game at the first chance you get. I play to win, but at the same time I focus on dealing a good amount of damage while contributing as much as I can. So far my best was about 130k damage in first 6 minutes with a BB. So you just need to focus on proper target to deal a lot of damage before the game ends.

I have the exact opposite belief due to WoT and WoWs play. Being capped out or one side of map folding quickly and game ending before you get a chance to reverse is humiliating. Its embarrassing Winning that way too. All for minimum points. I have consistently found more game enjoyment/satisfaction in long, drawn out, BUT CLOSE games. I would certainly rather loose a close one, and congratulate the other guy on a joy well done than the pathetic situation now in WoT where most games are all over in 3-5 mins. Soooooo sad compared to what the game use to be like. Also, all kill ALLOWS the other guy to make a stand and fight it out, gaining points. When I am the last one left and I go down in flames it isn't humiliation I feel.

I would happily have WG get rid of epicentre and domination modes, and stick to standard. They ONLY exist because WG has made the META the way it is. The ocean is torpedo soup and they want to introduce maps to make BB push???????

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

This is what I'm talking about. Believe it or not, the majority of the players wants to shoot and not to cap. This is why domination gives so much dissatisfaction specially in high tiers. Players don't like capping and would like to take their time to attack the main enemy base at their own pace(perhaps after exchanging sufficient shells with the enemy and getting their fill of enjoyment). When they see World of Warship and look at the website, they are expecting some slugfest and some classic shootout between ships, not standing in some imaginary circle.

94 posts
2,795 battles

And this.... 

anything can happen in a game so i agree with this. you could draw a battle as long as you want but if you mess up and the enemies capitalize on that, you'd be losing more than what you earn.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,287 posts

A victory is a victory, it doesn't matter how you achieve it.

But the "No cap, kill all" mentality can lose games just as well as winning them.

If I'm capping to win a game, I'm capping.

The muppets can go and try to kill the enemy in the one and a half minutes it takes me to cap.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

I don't play the game for cap victories, I play for shooting other ships. I do think it is important to capture caps, to maintain your teams points,

Good luck with that man........ 

This is what I'm talking about. Believe it or not, the majority of the players wants to shoot and not to cap. This is why domination gives so much dissatisfaction specially in high tiers. Players don't like capping and would like to take their time to attack the main enemy base at their own pace(perhaps after exchanging sufficient shells with the enemy and getting their fill of enjoyment). When they see World of Warship and look at the website, they are expecting some slugfest and some classic shootout between ships, not standing in some imaginary circle.

I kinda agree and disagree to you. Why?? Because if there is no caps players will start sniping which even in Domination mode they are doing it..... Everyone want's to do damage.. But this will also give rise to another never ending problem Passive players.... Because they don't want scratch on their ship and get damage from other ships....

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

I kinda agree and disagree to you. Why?? Because if there is no caps players will start sniping which even in Domination mode they are doing it..... Everyone want's to do damage.. But this will also give rise to another never ending problem Passive players.... Because they don't want scratch on their ship and get damage from other ships....

Nope, in standard, they still attack albeit slower and as I say "in their own pace". I always enjoy a standard game even on tier 10s and games usually lasts long and satisfying unlike a 10 minute lopsided game of domination, where you have more ships than the enemy but the enemy has 800 score advantage because your team never bothered to cap and went to a slugfight with the enemy to the edge of the map, leaving their only teammate who actually care about winning, hopelessly capping bases on his own.

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

Yeah capping takes too much satisfaction away from players who want to actually fight. Perhaps make it more Wot like (less cap) would be better?

You again....

Anyway.... as a general response, why are people thinking that capping is not letting them have a good score...... I don't know how this idea was formed. A dragged out game on purpose is always a bad one. Lost a lot of matches like this, won a lot more cause enemy was trying to play cool cat and mouse game till the mouse got bigger than the cat. If you can't do much in first 6-8 minutes, I'm sorry to say, I doubt you're gonna do much in the next 10 minutes either. Does it take 10 minutes for you to get enemy into shooting range? You are doing it all wrong then.

You don't let your enemy to snowball in any online game.

I still remember we finishing games under 5 minutes, someone from the team said enemy left mid channel open and spread too far from the cap, oh yah, we went straight to ensure victory. And I have faced internet badasses in my team who told me to get out of the cap, and I told them back that they would have to kill me to get me out of the cap. I even survived some TK attempts. You're gonna have to play for win, with additional playing for fun and whats not.

I mean sure, we say sometimes "We are winning too fast, someone needs to die", but no, actually we still go for the fast win. So that you can start next game sooner.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

What is happening to the forums anyway, first one guy came out wondering about why someone would need manual drops for CV plays, and now people complaining about why others cap enemy bases.... At this point I am confused if these were just clickbait troll threads....

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

What is happening to the forums anyway, first one guy came out wondering about why someone would need manual drops for CV plays, and now people complaining about why others cap enemy bases.... At this point I am confused if these were just clickbait troll threads....

I say it is just rage and anger towards something they couldn't achieve..... And come to think of it mine was also kind of a click bait xD... 

Anyway Talking about capping..,Epicenter gives you (Edited) ton of credits... But no You have to stay out of the circle to farm damage.... And To have no scratch on your ships....

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Yes nice view icy_phoenix, if only players think that way; of course they don't. I think beyond, I think for solutions to have a better satisfaction in games while already considering the mentality of the players. Sadly, that capping mentality is a minority. Majority of players wants to shoot. They see World of Warship ad somewhere in the internet or at a random window, they see ships shooting, they click download and play; they come for a shootout. They don't care about circles, they don't care about winning. All they care about are badass ship vs ship moments that can never happen in real life. That's the reality of this game.

So you guys want to erase cap points and do some more damage....right?

Unendding Draw games begin.......TeeHee

Just remove domination. Standard battles still have cap points but doesn't tick so much and doesn't end the game before even anyone has shot anything because your team is so retarded they don't even know what's the game's objective. I have a huge collection of nice screenshots of me the sole guy on caps trying to win game and your team are all parked and jerking off at a corner of the map sniping against enemy team, the score is 250-950 at just 8 minutes. That kind of crap isn't enjoyable and isn't the reason why I'm playing this game.
Edited by Deicide

563 posts
4,686 battles

Playing for shooting/killing ship will only result in:

1. Kited away from the win 

2. Lose

Still, in a guaranteed win, it's quite illogical to insist on capping instead of killing em all.

Edited by Admiral_Turing

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

Still, in a guaranteed win, it's quite illogical to insist on capping instead of killing em all.

You know, when you are a DD, you cap :D For free exp points... To ensure that you are #1 in the end score :D

110 posts
1,474 battles

I do think it is important to capture caps, to maintain your teams points, to try get a victory when your team is heavily losing, or to end a game when the enemy survivors decide to run away

since it appears some of you may have missed it. I also should have mentioned that I believe capping at the start of the match, but I made the assumption that 'maintaining your teams points' was a giveaway for that. Silly me.

lets be clear. I am not advocating for removal of caps or game modes, I am only advocating for a large lowering of the chance of matches ending with a good number of enemy ships alive. Or even your own ships, if for example your own team quickly goes down 4-6 ships without sinking any enemies, that is automatic loss. Forget it if the last 8-6 ships on your team are super unicum who can pull out a win, you have already lost because your teams points are now zero.

do these types of wins/losses happen much? Well I guess it depends on how much is too much for you personally. I really don't mind a couple enemy ships left alive. After all, in the end chances are it is going to take me ~5 minutes of sailing to get to them anyway. However when matches end with +4 enemy ships left I end up feeling more frustrated than if I get myself sunk in the opening salvoes of a match

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

Well, you Free to play However - whatever you want

But also dont expect, someone out there gonna look out your back, support you or Being a good player in general.

You have Absolutly no right to rant again, when Your team not help you escape, smoke you when you in pinch. - Cause your action were Not beneficial or even hurting other player.

Your team, composed of real people (assuming you play random - not co/op)

They judge your action, Doing stupid thing wont make them help you

If I see, someone playing good, I will be very encouraged to help them (laying smoke, covering fire, exploit opening etc)

If they play like "WTF this dude doing", Ill ignore them, even if they are in pinch - Ill gladly watch them die

I just play a good match in Hindenburg, where we secure a cap from enemy

I hydro and stalk smoked enemy yugumo that try to capping from behind island, and our fletcher managed to circle and kill him.

then The fletcher lay smoke for me to Handle 2 Enemy Zao. which I proceed to citadel both of them from 10km away.

We are not in Division, but we both do good play that Profit us both.

Its a good Moment, for everyone involved.(https://puu.sh/sQrdZ/2e81ab2746.png - if anyone interested)

and when you do Great,Belive me, everyone will notice. and help you eventualy

People know bad Play and Good play, and people will try help people that do good - since winning is sweet, right

also, Battling cap will improve your enjoyment and skill

you gonna get better, since capping shapped your enemy movement.

rather than Persuing some ship to edge of map, you cap - and they will came to you, you even can set ambush and enjoy their reaction on "Suprise mo***focka" moment"

it help your map sense, allowing you play better.

In the end Its up to each person, they wanna play better or not.

If sometimes along the line - you feel you always surounded by stupid teamate, maybe they judge you un-important and not worth their attention due to your accumulative stupid action

Bad Play attract Bad teamates, Good play attract Good Teamates

Edited by humusz

110 posts
1,474 battles

Humusz??

I am not ranting about players or even talking about other player or how they play. As far as your idea of capping to bring enemy to you, first that is a random chance as it relies on an enemy wanting to engage rather than being happy to take the loss and avoid scratching the paint, and second this is about the times where your team (or enemy) have such a point advantage that you win with many enemy ships alive. In that case, don't you think that either A) your team already has control of all caps or B) it is a 6 minute match because you melt the enemy while your team takes no losses?

I am honestly a little bemused by your post

Edited by TechnoGore

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

First when enemy cap your base, there will be significant portion of player that will turn back

Its not some random things.

If you play Low tier, its mostly missconception because you surrounded by player that still in learning phase.

they still grasping what this WoW is all about.

They play doing whatever they please - which is fine by me

I play a lot on medium tier, where people mostly already understand what this game is about

and when you cap there will be enemy reaction - or even overreaction if you cap their base

They will turn back, softening angling to someone from your team that sunk him thereafter

Thats is no random things.

I have seen many battles where, 1 lone DD cause overreaction that collapse 1 flank. cause all of suden some key ship decide to turn back to def bases

And in This game. Defense is much much stronger than Offence

Experienced player know how hard to kill Kitting battleship, or a Cruiser

and When you Controling cap point, Enemy will be forced to make an offensive move if they dont want to lose

and the one on defence will always have the upper hand.

That is why - capping is important. and battling for cap is a good play

If you dont know what I talking about, Ill asume you dont play the game enough to aware of that :)

Edited by humusz

110 posts
1,474 battles

My apologies, I should have/thought I had mentioned that this isn't about standard mode. Apart from thinking I had, I guess I also thought it was obvious from my whining about how matches are ending due to points, since a cap in standard battle will end the match regardless of points

If you dont know what I talking about, Ill asume you dont play the game enough to aware of that :)

Since again you talk about how to influence other people playing which is fairly irrelevant to my complaint and are talking about a different game mode, I'll just assume there was a misunderstanding 

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

My apologies, I should have/thought I had mentioned that this isn't about standard mode. Apart from thinking I had, I guess I also thought it was obvious from my whining about how matches are ending due to points, since a cap in standard battle will end the match regardless of points

In any case, you didn't answer why I should I make the game lengthy if I can just finish it fast and start a new one.

Sign in to follow this