Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
THUNDERCOMMANDER4

how can anybody play carriers

36 comments in this topic

930 posts

Seriously you wont get carriers at the beginning, not even ten games are enough to get it right and working. Heck, it wasn't until I got Saipan (CBT), a frustrating and humiliating defeat, and some 200 games later when I got carriers right. Even now I'm still learning and trying to get better but dedication is the key to this.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Lots and lots of co-op practice to get manual drops and strafe timings down pat. 10 games is nowhere near enough to figure out carriers. Especially when statpadmania over there lurks in his Bogue in T5...

And also in the worlds of WoWSNA, 

bpPTnWQ.png

58 posts
3,805 battles

Yup that is right. The manual drops and strafing fire are just the basic skills.

The tactical call of who where and when to strike is another. To spot or to go back and reload?

Not forgetting where u need to move your cv to as well. Closer and u can send out planes faster but u riak being spotted.

Plus its always best to read all the ships AA in the loading page so you know which ships are stock or have weak AA.

And if your playing IJN CV, prepare to mash buttons like mad.

Dont all that just sounds like *fun?

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,025 battles

Lots and lots of co-op practice to get manual drops and strafe timings down pat. 10 games is nowhere near enough to figure out carriers. Especially when statpadmania over there lurks in his Bogue in T5...

And also in the worlds of WoWSNA, 

bpPTnWQ.png

I only bought the Bogue after I grinded past the Essex for extra credits (old economy). I didn't really think of lurking at T5... then the creds flowed a LOT. Turns out, 1/1/0 is great for farming clear sky as well.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,840 posts
4,138 battles

I don't know how they do it either Thunder.  Some very very verrrry good CV drivers out there who make my like hell.  I don't understand them, but have a healthy respect for them.   Co op is the place to perfect them.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

Id say ten games arent a lot, but if they were all co-op that may give you a good idea on how they play.

At T4 the US Carrier is a little more forgiving than the IJN one.

Remember pick your targets too. You dont have an endless amount of planes and early on all ships will have their AA. Target solo BBs or other ships. Learn to strafe. Dont chase the enemy over enemy ships. Also your dive bombers have a rear gunner, so i circle these around my fighter for extra damage (i was told that an eon ago and it seems to work nicely).

Lots of good videos on how to play different ships.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

if you played RTS games before then CV gameplay on wows is childsplay. all you do on this game is micro manage your planes, have map awareness on where your opponent CV planes are and enemy ship position, you don't have to macro like worrying about economy, build order, upgrades, tech and unit production on top of microing your units so they wont die.

you don't have to count how many mining base your opponent has over yours.

if you have dedication its not hard to learn CV. still mastering them is hard as it takes lots of dedication, so kudos to all cv player who can find dedication on playing them even CV get nerf bat after nerf bat.

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

iv played now over 10 games in them and i cant get how to work them properly and yet i see cv players that are so good at killing me i just cant win

From an old CV player to a youngling CV player - 

Much learning you have young padawan. Patience and perseverance you need. Spend more time at tiers 4 and 5 you must and in random battles train you have to. Tier 6 CV painful it might be but a fledging CV player you are in tier 7. Tier 8 so it begins the trappings of absolute power while tier 9, seduced by the dark side of CV you have become. Tier10, complete your CV training have become. Long and hard the path of a CV is. Patience and perseverance reap the rewards you will.

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

iv played now over 10 games in them and i cant get how to work them properly and yet i see cv players that are so good at killing me i just cant win

Actually you did 2 in Langley in random battles. No CV games were logged in your Co-op

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

The best advice I can give you is to start playing on NA.

It's the best testing and learning environment since the players are rather... special.

Lots of strike loadout CVs, plenty of players sailing straight and an overall easier time to learn how to play a ship class.

Video Contributor
2,266 posts
10,789 battles

You and strat decide a time and get into battles...

i'm still wait discount tier 9-10 :D WG might has promotion the end of the year 100%

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,470 battles

The trick to the drop against gud ship captain is to :

1. Trick him seeing the wrong way when he is busy tunnel visioning ( ez to notice ) , or force him to show broadside with either an ally or a divebomber.

2. Vector your aircraft into favorable position for a straight in approach before you enter their sight and AA range so that your aircraft has to do at most 1 turn to drop. This is important and i cant stress enough , and the trick to win against AA heavy fest at higher tier. Take into account their behaviour when turning ( some favor to turn in 1 direction when firing or will turn toward incoming torp , observe them if you have time and then go hammer him down )

[BRU]
309 posts
11,163 battles

How can anyone play carriers? To master on how to multitask gameplay, also it applies in real life too. Besides, playing CV is fun and frustrating.

Super Tester
7,562 posts
8,001 battles

Carriers should not be hard at all for someone who played games like Star Craft, Command and Conquer, Age of Empires... or even Company of Heroes a lot. All of these games require a magnitude of multitasking and super fast response.

Sign in to follow this