Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lightning_Ene

How Do You Deal With Indecisive Teams?

20 comments in this topic

94 posts
2,795 battles

I would like to tackle the issue of indecisiveness in this thread.

First of all, I mostly play CA/CL's which means I usually fight at mid ranges along with most of the fleet where I don't feel much pressure.  I rarely brawl at close quarters unless it's right about the end game where I need to be critically decisive. I was not aware that this problem roots down very deeply until I started playing DD's just a few days ago. When in a DD, you can't avoid getting awfully close encounters with the enemy and thus I believe DD's get the most pressure among the classes. Not to mention, DD's are like the opening moves in a chess game where they set the stage of play for the middle and end game. They totally need the support as they suffer the most from collective indecisiveness.

Whenever I play DD, I sometimes get allies that provide almost no support to their DD's who compete for flags at the start of domination mode. They're mostly anxious to get peppered on at the start of the game if they're caught out of position. It get's worse as when they lose their DD screen, CA/CL's as well as BB's start getting anxious. They start second-guessing every move and in the end they just completely halt their advance. This removes the pressure away from the enemy team and complete loss ensues. To sum it up, indecisiveness is one of the biggest factors to triumphs and tragedies (at least from my experience).

What I do to tackle this issue as an aspiring DD captain is that I communicate early on as to where I'm heading off and request for support. It's effective most of the time as I notice that my allies start amassing at locations which I think are key positions. The problem to this is that there are a lot of fairly inexperienced players who end up overextending the advance and when the enemy breaks through at a different flank, said allies once again succumb to the same indecisiveness when they get torn between pressing on and defending against the breakthrough.

I wanna hear your ideas as to how to deal with this issue o w o

*wink wink*

Edited by Lightning_Ene

[BOTES]
437 posts
3,951 battles

simple: You actively communicate with your teammates over the chatroom and tell them what to and not to do

also: stop using Comic sans please

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

You can play as a division with someone. Having someone you trust to support you is really nice, and even then if you absolutely must, use your div mate as bait (just don't tell her/him lul).

That aside, from my personal experience I'll push on one side, then once I feel that the team has got this I rush over to support the other flank (if they look like they need help). This usually works for most maps (except ocean, that one you flank the enemy instead). Play JPDD if you wanna support, USDD if you wanna brawl and RUDD if you wanna gun people down (and be cheeky about it). At the same time, don't forget to contest caps. Caps secured gives your team the morale boost to advance and take on the enemy.

Ps do you mind changing your text to black? It's a little difficult to read.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Copious use of the F3 and F7 commands, map pings, and stating what I'll be doing. I basically never tell anyone what to do, just outline clearly what *I'll* be doing, and let people back me up if they want to. When I'm dead, I start running commentary on enemy ship locations and whether they've used torpedoes/damage control/repair party/etc.

It's worked out surprisingly well so far.

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,858 battles

Try to not call them idiot or anything, just command/advice them as polite as possible. If it doesn't work then yolo, die, back to port, play another ship.

110 posts
1,474 battles

also: stop using Comic sans please

Thanks... 

Communicate, but never give orders.

Yes, some people will even do their best to throw the match if they feel like they are being told what to do >.>

Edited by TechnoGore

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,454 battles

Copious use of the F3 and F7 commands, map pings, and stating what I'll be doing. I basically never tell anyone what to do, just outline clearly what *I'll* be doing, and let people back me up if they want to. When I'm dead, I start running commentary on enemy ship locations and whether they've used torpedoes/damage control/repair party/etc.

It's worked out surprisingly well so far.

I'll second this. Most players become defensive when being given orders from some random teammate. But if you simply let your teammates know where you're going and what you're planning to do, you'll often find they are happy to follow your lead. It doesn't just apply to the potatoes - skilled players will also jump at the chance to work with someone who communicates and appears to know what they're doing.

Communicate, but never give orders.

Edited by Unraveler

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

Oh yes, the good old F command. Always works the best if you don't mind the reports afterwards.

with occasional "STFU" thrown back at me.

@op, Well, if its low tier, you should not expect much either. 

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

with occasional "STFU" thrown back at me.

Hehe Actually I do that when I get these spamming Idiots,, Who repeatedly spam requesting support or SOS....And when i look at the minimap they are behind the whole team... xD
Edited by Aaditya_AJ

892 posts
7,853 battles

A good DD Captain is indeed in a "hot seat". He/she will need to sprint forward to cap/prevent cap/counter cap while also trying to keep enemy ships spotted for the team. Being far forward, a DD is also constantly in harm's way from CL/CA and other DD. At higher tier, DD also have to be mindful of radar ships. So, why play DD? They are fun! Only caveat to this is of course, having a decent team behind you. The worst that can happen while playing DD, is to be in a camping team

[AAADD]
61 posts
Will try to follow the DD that called out for support to a CAP. Most times i see the DD turn and run when an enemy ship appears. A very normal reaction. I just keep moving forward if only a single DD. If more DD are there and i have no support i will give up the push forward and regroup.

[LNA]
1,658 posts
10,425 battles

Indicisiveness is well because everyone is a candy ass and w8 for the "perfect moment" to swoop in and deal damage and are waiting for some one to create that moment. Not a lot of players know how to create a favorable attack position , as a carrier player many time i have to deal heavy damage so that they will be williing to come up and mop up the rest ( kill steal , blood lust alert* cough*). Your best bet is to use ingame UI and quick button hoping they know what you are about to do and even then it is not guaranteed.

What i see is that higher WR player w8 for some one newer to the game to come up front and take damage for them even when they are helming a tanky BB. PPl are just too cautious and unwilling to take damage. ( The mind set of asian is waiting for the best possible moment to deal the best amount of damage while taking little or none yourself and that is just not very common )

783 posts
4,809 battles

Of all the fonts to choose from... :red_button:

On a serious note:

Communicating your intention is usually the best way, especially at the start of the match. You might be met with silence, or even some "affirmatives" (then you see the one who gave the affirmative sail to the other flank :yes_cap: ), but it usually does end up with at least a couple of ships trying to complement what you're doing.

It's easier to do so in a CV or a DD as they are the more 'mobile' class and the intention of scouting ahead is inherent with both of the ship types.

And yes, lots of F3 pressing for more objective targetting, or even just reminding your teammate that said enemy is there.

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

Yea, whenever i see teams grouping up in a cap zone, it never ends well..... but they probably already realized its not going to end well before i have, and are just maximizing experience before the end..... i think allot of then AFK at that point too? "ok i lost, time to go take a piss before the next battle"

Sign in to follow this