Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Crusin_Rage

CV manual Drop ? why

43 comments in this topic

31 posts
7,902 battles

why do the CV's need a manual drop? strafing yeah ok thats CV to CV and both can do it.

Why do they have a manual torp drop that most ships cannot counteract. Some of the better CV players have it down to a fine art and drop torps with no chance to out maneuver them.

Personally I think that should be the next change to the game, if a cruiser or DD is OP or has an OP ability it gets nerfed pretty quick so why do the CV's still have this ability.

Needed to vent, I'm really over it

Crusin

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

why do the CV's need a manual drop? strafing yeah ok thats CV to CV and both can do it.

Why do they have a manual torp drop that most ships cannot counteract. Some of the better CV players have it down to a fine art and drop torps with no chance to out maneuver them.

Personally I think that should be the next change to the game, if a cruiser or DD is OP or has an OP ability it gets nerfed pretty quick so why do the CV's still have this ability.

Crusin

are you serious? its not hard to dodge manual drop. if the ship has high AA stats try to delay the drop as much as possible by sailing away from the torpedo bombers. if they are close already try to sail into them as they mostly drop very close and the torpedo are not armed yet.

if its cruiser uses defensive AA when the torpedo play are on the act of dropping the torpedo or just use it when they are very close.

on dd its like walk in the park to dodge them. even cross torpedo drop are easy just by changing speed or by the uses of engine boost.

if you are not experience on dodging torpedo drop then try sailing with allied cruiser as they have defensive aa skill that will make the torpedo spread really wide and easy to dodge.

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

Crusin

You do realise that CV players aren't so many you know? Some of them is even fewer. Only you want that, CV players and others don't want that cuz that's how we balance the game.

Also, to precisely manual drop a good torp, it requires a lot of skills, so isn't it okay to reward them for being good? What's wrong with that?

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

are you serious? its not hard to dodge manual drop. if the ship has high AA stats try to delay the drop as much as possible by sailing away from the torpedo bombers. if they are close already try to sail into them as they mostly drop very close and the torpedo are not armed yet.

if its cruiser uses defensive AA when the torpedo play are on the act of dropping the torpedo or just use it when they are very close.

on dd its like walk in the park to dodge them. even cross torpedo drop are easy just by changing speed or by the uses of engine boost.

if you are not experience on dodging torpedo drop then try sailing with allied cruiser as they have defensive aa skill that will make the torpedo spread really wide and easy to dodge.

hey no offence to CV players or the guy who has posted it. A perfect drop can cause DS and most of the CV players I know can do that. Idon't think that it needs nerf. It is OP I agree, It is Unavoidable Yes.

But why do you get into a position where he can manual drop you that easily??? Stay with the team and don't give CV players room to drop torpedoes manually. And I've tried it myself in Co-Op and even in Random.(Hosho and Langley)

There is a huge difference between every CV in each tier. Just explaining things. I've tried T4 so I'll make it simple Langley cannot DC BBs it can only hit 4 torpedoes at a time and it is not easy to do that. you need to caliculate a lot or you'll miss it and lose 1-2 planes. On the other hand Hosho has 2 TBs which can Devastate you because 2 sets TBs hitting 8 torpedoes. and still needs lot of practice to do that. 

If you think it is easy to do that try it yourself man. There are some aspects they are OP(Only because player playing them is an expert) by nerfing them you also deny a poor player trying to learn something.

Video Contributor
2,265 posts
10,789 battles

manual drop torpedo IJN = narrow and easily to kill DDs or BBs while turn 90 degree 

manual drop torpedo USS = range wide and hit rate more than IJN (I count only per group)

more easily to kill that target and put them away and more damage

345 posts
3,668 battles

If a CV player can effectively manual drop, then they deserve everything they get. Playing CV would be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo BORING without manual drop. Without manual drop, DDs will be able to hunt CVs more effectively since automatic drop is really easy to dodge. Without manual drop, dive bombers would be useless. Out of 4 dive bomber squadrons, only 1 will get a hit without manual drop. Manual drop is essential to CV gameplay.

Removing manual drop would be like DD torpedoes on wide spread and only be able to shoot exactly at the guide. If the enemy decides to turn or slow down. Your whole salvo misses.

Edited by Loshirai14

110 posts
1,474 battles

There are times I think it is insane how close they can drop torps, but thankfully it is fairly rare to see. If you were arguing for a very slight increase in arming time, you would possibly get some support, but a complete removal of manual drops is going to get you replies that make you wonder why anyone uses the forum.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Are you kidding me? Do you have any idea how much CVs have been nerfed? You're one of the reason why they are made so crap.

31 posts
7,902 battles

are you serious? its not hard to dodge manual drop.

theres the first CV player dont take my manual drop, yes it is If you cant turn a benson etc before the torps hit you when you were turning before they were dropped then they can drop them way to close.

CV players and others don't want that cuz that's how we balance the game.

Who are the others, I dont think you will find a BB player that doesn't want manual torp gone and its not balanced, if it was balanced there would be a counter defense. If your saying DD's can hunt me then well, isnt this meant to be a team game?? that's what the cruisers are there for to stop the DD's from getting to you

If you think it is easy to do that try it yourself man

I have, I can, its way to easy, there is more skill in a good auto drop setting up a cross torp with two torp groups

Do you have any idea how much CVs have been nerfed?

Yes, i play them too. I still think manual torp should be gone from the game.

A lot of the arguments against this have nothing to do with why a CV should have manual drop but rather are around poor team play.

What shouldn't be able to happen is a CV drop torps on a DD thats out front spotting for his team where he should be and take him down. If you dont want that then DD's should get a 10-20 sec 100% AA upgrade they can turn on  to counteract then you can keep your manual drop.

At this point to me the manual drop has no counteract and is way to OP something needs to change

[LNA]
1,662 posts
10,469 battles

1 word to you : git gud .

A captain that manual drop you with minimal distance between torpedo arming and contact is a very skilled person who knows what he is doing. It takes skill and effort to pull off that kind of stunt. So a person work hard to achieve that shouldnt be praised ?. You should know that maneuvering when the plane get close is already too late .

As a carrier captain i will tell you this : i decide who will die long long before the planes get there - know what that means ? You have make a mistake and have not noticed it and try to pull off last resorts . Watch back your own replays and see where you make the mistake in the 1st place.

Gud carrier captain wont target you for no reason , therefore make yourself a less appealing target before they even decide you should DIE next.

31 posts
7,902 battles

1 word to you : git gud .
A captain that manual drop you with minimal distance between torpedo arming and contact is a very skilled person who knows what he is doing. It takes skill and effort to pull off that kind of stunt. So a person work hard to achieve that shouldnt be praised ?. You should know that maneuvering when the plane get close is already too late .
As a carrier captain i will tell you this : i decide who will die long long before the planes get there - know what that means ? You have make a mistake and have not noticed it and try to pull off last resorts . Watch back your own replays and see where you make the mistake in the 1st place.
Gud carrier captain wont target you for no reason , therefore make yourself a less appealing target before they even decide you should DIE next.

that is a load of utter bs

how about you git gud and not have to manual torp

[LNA]
1,662 posts
10,469 battles

Yes, i play them too. I still think manual torp should be gone from the game.

A lot of the arguments against this have nothing to do with why a CV should have manual drop but rather are around poor team play.

What shouldn't be able to happen is a CV drop torps on a DD thats out front spotting for his team where he should be and take him down. If you dont want that then DD's should get a 10-20 sec 100% AA upgrade they can turn on  to counteract then you can keep your manual drop.

At this point to me the manual drop has no counteract and is way to OP something needs to change

Torping a dd isnt easy and it isnt guaranteed , but it will force a dd to back away from the front. I am sorry to say this : WG wont do anything about it till next year and their temporary solution is that : Carrier should target dd at match start untill ship disperse ( thats why they buff the AA to insane level ) and do scouting.

If you want OPNESS , lets not forget old Hakyryu with 4 torpedo squads or 2x torps from Essex and Midway :teethhappy:

[LNA]
1,662 posts
10,469 battles

I dont know what to say to you anymore , truth hurts . I am not soothing you , i am only telling you the truth. If you keep that mentality if you meet me in a carrier you will be the first guy to die for ignorance

345 posts
3,668 battles

BB players:

OHhh a CV manual dropped me! I can't dodge! Nerf Plsss!

OHhh a CL/CA burned me to death! I can't do anything! Nerf Plssss!

OHhh a DD torped me from invisibility/invisifiring! I can't do anything! Nerf Plssss!

CL/CA players:

OHhh a BB 1 shot me from 20km away! What am i supposed to do? Nerf Plssss!

DD players.

Ohhh... another IJN torpedo nerf...

CV players:

Fix us plss WG

Edited by Loshirai14

[LNA]
1,662 posts
10,469 battles

OHhh a CV manual dropped me! I can't dodge! Nerf Plsss!

OHhh a BB 1 shot me from 20km away! What am i supposed to do? Nerf Plssss!

OHhh a CL/CA burned me to death! I can't do anything! Nerf Plssss!

OHhh a DD torped me from invisibility/invisifiring! I can't do anything! Nerf Plssss!

BBabies mentality spotted. Never truer words :trollface:

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

A DD caught out in the open with no support is a DD who deserve to die, a CA caught out in the open without support deserve to die, a BB caught out in the open without support deserve to die. A CV why get caught out in the open with no support deserve to die. That's how it works.

94 posts
2,795 battles

this post reeks of someone who dilly-dallied in a position where they were basically a low hanging fruit for a CV...

just take this to wit: manual drop of CV is akin to a battery ship's attempt at properly leading, timing and placing their shots. removing manual drop is just so wrong of an idea.

[BMRSF]
373 posts
2,517 battles

hey when i use manual drop i risk my other squadron to get hit by enemy Fighter or AA you know, to figure out the right angle and distance to do maximum damage is not that easy, i often miss or torps was too close to my target when doing that, why you're not sailing close to the cruiser? you know they defensive AA can make the the torp drop spread is wider

250 posts
13,165 battles

FYI

Considering CV need to rearm every single strike, it take 2 - 3 minutes per attack so CV can't constantly keep attacking like CA/CL BB or DD.

Allowing manual drop make sure every attack count. People with excel in manual drops help team a lot to turn the tide of the game.

making CV only auto drop is equal to make CV useless and only being liability. Do you want that?

L2P dude L2P :facepalm:

Also, manual drop has countermeasure called "Defensive fire" which is equipped on cruiser

Just stick with team, do not yolo rush B,

:facepalm:

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Who are the others, I dont think you will find a BB player that doesn't want manual torp gone

Hi, I'm a BB player and I don't care.

Start using the minimap and WASD to counter carriers like everyone else.

If you think it is easy to do that try it yourself man.

I have, I can, its way to easy, there is more skill in a good auto drop setting up a cross torp with two torp groups

s0ztlQu.jpg

Edited by Retia

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,019 battles

OP, you will find that as it is, dodging auto torp drops is hilariously easy for anyone mildly competent. Try nailing a DD without using a manual drop. DD hunting is very important for a CV player to win...

Heck, even cruisers and BBs will also dodge them just fine. Pay attention to the skies and you will almost never eat an automatic torp drop.

As a CV player yourself, you should know that relying on autodrops to engage targets will result in nothing but ineffectiveness.

Edited by stratmania

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

I took the liberty to look at your stats and 203 CV games... Seems respectable enough for me not to go into a triade. I do however disagree with your call to remove manual control. You are effectively giving all the BabyBoats what they want? Or is that your BabyBoat conscience talking?

696 BB battles, getting up to Bisko and Nagats, is rather respectable but has the BabyBoat mentality stuck all the way up to Bisko? So alright. You say remove manual drops for CVs. How would you compensate CV players? Or what's left of the CV population? I'm rather curious to find out what you have to propose since by removing manual drops and with the current state of AA and torpedo detection distance, you've pretty much made the ENTIRE CV LINE as white elephants. 

So Crusin_Rage, how will you compensate CV players? Reduce effectiveness of AA? Reduce torpedo detection range? Make turning of ALL ships slower and wider? Oh I know... LETS REVIVE THE 2/3 CV DIVISION AND ALSO THE BANZAI CAG FOR IJN!

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

I am really starting to think that the mental flexibility and agility of BabyBoat players is inversely proportionate to the ship's total tonnage.

I don't have any empathy for BabyBoat players only for true flexible and agile minded BATTLESHIP players

Sign in to follow this