Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Aaditya_AJ

Epicenter an EPIC WAY to make players move forward!

26 comments in this topic

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Title says what WG thinks about Epicenter. But What my experience says is.

EPICENTER AN EPIC WAY TO SCREW UP PLAYERS WHO DO THEIR OBJECTIVES.  

You might think why I'm I saying like this. Think no more cuz I'll get right into it. 

Why did WG introduce this mode?? To make other players get into the game rather than sitting back and sniping.

Did WG do that in a way that everyone does their job???? A BIG FREAKING NO!!! 

I'll just provide one example because most of you are all of you are facing the same problem.

YyC65lj.jpg

It was 6 mins into the game and 2 cruisers 1 DD and a BB are on their way towards wonderland. So is WG doing anything about it? No they are still getting XP even if they are miles away. and score sheet somewhat looked like this.
Spoiler

EIqi6Z9.jpg

Okay lets say it was my bad luck. Total Aweful SHIT of a LUCK.

Now Lets get into what did WG do for balancing the kind of advantages teams have on either side of the map.
It Absolutely did nothing. and I really quote "NOTHING". 

At this point you might be thinking this guy is just going crazy on a loss. I'm not going crazy man, I'm just discussing what happened to me and what kind of balancing did WG do about this particular game mode.

Anyways lets get into Main Maps this game mode is played on. Trident and Tears of Desert.

Lets go Trident first because this Mains with T5-T8 players. OH LOOK Deathskyz already has posted about it.

So what he said was North team having more advantage vs the South Team. But now-a-days North Team just doesn't want to get into the cap. (Advantage lost) and look at those DDs and cruisers on their journey to wonderland??? 

They are not getting into cap because they cannot shoot at enemies sitting in the circle(that's what they said). \o/ And YAY!!! we lost the match.
and  enemy team was shooting by sitting behind the huge island in the west central area. Why didn't we spot them? Their DDs smoked their allied ships who got into circle. And where as  my team?? (Oh no there is no team on my side they are all individual players)

And it is the same position in the map Tears of Desert.

So I really suggest WG to put some maps where there is a even playing field. And this kind of play will never change until there are new maps. I mean they are all good for Domination and Standard Battles not for Epicenter.

If my discussion seems pointless then Moderators you can close this topic.

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,788 battles

Trident map

me : support Dunkerque goes to mid cap

team : I'm afraid I don't want to get hurt too much and repair cost too expensive 

Super Tester
7,532 posts
7,978 battles

Epicenter best camping mode confirmed. Any winning strategy is best strategy. You can win with 1 high concealment or good DD in the center, why rush in, lol.

Your team need good DD player and precision sniper BBs.

GG WP EASY EXP.

Edited by icy_phoenix

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Epicenter best camping mode confirmed. Any winning strategy is best strategy. You can win with 1 high concealment or good DD in the center, why rush in, lol.

Your team need good DD player and precision sniper BBs.

GG WP EASY EXP.

Question was "Is Epicenter working as intended?" And I tried to explain how it isn't working. And you're telling me how team should play.(Which anyway team isn't gonna play like that)(Or MM won't allow that)

Super Tester
7,532 posts
7,978 battles

Question was "Is Epicenter working as intended?" And I tried to explain how it isn't working. And you're telling me how team should play.(Which anyway team isn't gonna play like that)(Or MM won't allow that)

For Wargaming, it is always working as intended, cause *looks at RU server*.

For asian player, nothing Wargaming does will ever work, cause we are special.

Beta Tester
73 posts
3,140 battles

It's probably not working because of how the game was made to be done with proper coordination and cohesive teamplay,

but the majority of the server population always prioritize their own survival (from what I've noticed?) 

still two brothers epicenter when pls

Super Tester
7,532 posts
7,978 battles

Oh, people think I was trolling? That is exactly how we win almost every Epicenter. So it is not working as WG intended, but it is working in some other way. I hate the mode, just love the boosted exp gain.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,830 posts
4,110 battles

For Wargaming, it is always working as intended, cause *looks at RU server*.

For asian player, nothing Wargaming does will ever work, cause we are special.

It suits the RU playstyle as they have always been aggressive.   It's the same with tanks.  I don't know how many player in this game came from NA to SEA when the tank servers mergers but a lot of players struggled to adapt to the passive style of the Asian server.  The same playstyle seems to occur here as well and it may be a cultural thing. It was only compounded here by the high repair costs and a lot of players now cannot adapt to the economy changes and accept that they pay the same if their ship is full health or 1hp.  This sever is well known for having the most pristine paint work in the world.  Nothing gets scratched.

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

Ahhh. you know this mode. DD plays the most important role. Cause team will always camp.. always camp.. So DD need to do the job. If DD dies. Just say to team either cap or lose.. Especially JP DD if they die :D

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

I think the major problem with Epicenter is at high tiers. As the Epicenter mode usually appear with the desert map, it's causing a lot of camping. I actually find Epicenter at low-mid tiers fun.

So don't remove Epicenter, remove the desert map plz, desert map, worst map.

The map I hate the most in wows.

1.Tears of the Desert

2.Tears of the Desert

3.Tears of the Desert

100.Tears of the Desert

101.Shatter

102.North (and Northern Light)

103.Loop

104.Warrior's Path

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

I think the major problem with Epicenter is at high tiers. As the Epicenter mode usually appear with the desert map, it's causing a lot of camping. I actually find Epicenter at low-mid tiers fun.

So don't remove Epicenter, remove the desert map plz, desert map, worst map.

The map I hate the most in wows.

1.Tears of the Desert

2.Tears of the Desert

3.Tears of the Desert

100.Tears of the Desert

101.Shatter

102.North (and Northern Light)

103.Loop

104.Warrior's Path

Same. I love Trident Epicenter, always get closer fought matches in it than Standard or Domination Trident. Dislike TotD, because the islands are actually discouraging cruisers and BBs from getting close and supporting the DDs.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i push on the center when i'm on my new orleans and help my DD win the cap. when i do some dd actually give me smoke cover while i use radar to flush enemy dd out of the circle. when i do it some other player follow suit.

there was a game on my bismarck on tears of the desert epicenter. i know its going to be a painful camping match, so i just push in the middle and make the dd run for their life. we manage to sink two dd at the cost of my BB, i immediately exit after that. when i check the result it turns out our team won the game.

when i play IJN CA i usually sneak on side and offer a flanking fire. there will be no dd loitering around so its safe. (unless there's a newb who wanted to go bb or cv huntting) i know that most bb will just park their and angle on front so they are showing me their perfect broadside. if they get annoyed and fire at me i just dodge their shot, when they start landing accurate hit wait for 20 second to disappear on their radar and wait for them lose interest on me and rinse and repeat.

with this strategy i make them offer their broadside on my allies and actually take heavy damage or i just burn them to death. also even if you don't deal damage, the fact that they have to turn their guns and aim your ship will cost them to lose some DPM and buy time for your allies. so flanking is really important on epicenter and not just pushing in center.

in this game mode its also a valid strategy to wait for the enemy team to make mistake, there are always that one player who will lose their patience or newbie on ijn ca who will sail in center offering their broadside.

on tears of the desert i usually play aggressive while, i play passive/aggressive style on trident epicenter.

Edited by yansuki

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,283 posts

"Is Epicenter working as intended?"

No. No it isn't.

It will never work on this server, because as Ralph has stated, Nobody is willing to have their pristine paintwork scratched or damaged in any way.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

"Is Epicenter working as intended?"

No. No it isn't.

It will never work on this server, because as Ralph has stated, Nobody is willing to have their pristine paintwork scratched or damaged in any way.

I think it is time for WG to treat each server differently. Or this BS is gonna make me(other players Mad)!!!

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,830 posts
4,110 battles

Wg shouldn't have to do anything.  Players need to adapt to the changing meta.

Avoiding damage is pointless now, but the ones that never check the portal or forum probably aren't even aware.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Wg shouldn't have to do anything.  Players need to adapt to the changing meta.

Avoiding damage is pointless now, but the ones that never check the portal or forum probably aren't even aware.

Meta never changes man. You can still see BBs sniping CAs(IJN CA) going for yolo torpedo run and get instant deleted. DDs sitting in smoke and eating torpedoes. They never change.

And anyway WG should know this by now. Russian Server doesn't represent other 3 servers. Every freaking server has different kind of play style and different kind of players.

I don't care how russians server does it. I only care how the server I'm playing does.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

So just make all games standard. Solves everything. Let players take their time to let their slow brains work, and eventually they will attack. We can't do anything about IQ<100 people so we have to adapt if we want to have a nice and enjoyable playing experience.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,986 battles

I like epicenter... it lets me know where all the DDs are :teethhappy:

That said... they should really punish campers in that game mode. Maybe a straight up -50% to earnings if the ship never enters the epicenter outer zone? (to at least allow backline support ships to follow pushes).

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

That said... they should really punish campers in that game mode. Maybe a straight up -50% to earnings if the ship never enters the epicenter outer zone? (to at least allow backline support ships to follow pushes).

Kind of a valid point you said there.

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

You drive your CV so close to the epicenter you are constantly being detected, and then your team will push for you while you kemp behind island with the support of a Cleveland... at least that's the strat of a a certain CV player.

Play a USDD, or a Flint. Then you can contest epicenter while the rest of the team finishes their sniping lul

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,986 battles

You drive your CV so close to the epicenter you are constantly being detected, and then your team will push for you while you kemp behind island with the support of a Cleveland... at least that's the strat of a a certain CV player.

Play a USDD, or a Flint. Then you can contest epicenter while the rest of the team finishes their sniping lul

Concealment does not matter if the enemy cannot harm you. Likewise, cover does not matter if the enemy does not have a feasible way of harming you without seeing you.

Hard cover is underrated.

Super Tester
7,532 posts
7,978 battles

Concealment does not matter if the enemy cannot harm you. Likewise, cover does not matter if the enemy does not have a feasible way of harming you without seeing you.

Hard cover is underrated.

True, that is the gunboat way. Why do I care if you see me or not - Says USSR DD :D

Sign in to follow this