Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MusashiKid

About North Carolina and South Dakota

8 comments in this topic

Super Tester
223 posts
3,340 battles

Well, to start with, I'm not much of a history person, but since there's this thread it just got me thinking

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/20716-uss-alabama-on-the-way/page__hl__%2Balabama__fromsearch__1

in the past threads, I've seen people mentioning how South Dakota class have more fire power if compared to North Carolina class

That piqued my curiosity and even though I'm not sure if it's correct or not (since found the info on wikipedia), I found at that South Dakota class got worse speed and had the same amount of guns as North Carolina class

my question is, why South Dakota class was considered packed more fire power than North Carolina class? just curious

Thx in advance

525 posts
7,946 battles

Well, to start with, I'm not much of a history person, but since there's this thread it just got me thinking

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/20716-uss-alabama-on-the-way/page__hl__%2Balabama__fromsearch__1

in the past threads, I've seen people mentioning how South Dakota class have more fire power if compared to North Carolina class

That piqued my curiosity and even though I'm not sure if it's correct or not (since found the info on wikipedia), I found at that South Dakota class got worse speed and had the same amount of guns as North Carolina class

my question is, why South Dakota class was considered packed more fire power than North Carolina class? just curious

Thx in advance

Better armor, shorter and tighter turning radius, same speed, same AA.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

South Dakota would be a good tier 8 BB, just make her branch of from the NC. She would probably be the best tier 8 BB lol. Better amour than NC, better torpedo belt, have NC guns which is already fantastic. Slightly better AA suit than NC, better turning radius than NC. 

That ship would be overpowered. The best treaty BB after all....

Edited by silenthunter19944

[BRU]
309 posts
11,163 battles

I like the South Dakota, we have a premium ship Alabama, South Dakota's youngest sister, in the works. I have no problems but my only concern is that if it has the same slow shell velocity like the North Carolina since they both have the same 16"gun.

[KGHSF]
3,225 posts
6,072 battles

16" Mark 6 right? Aw yes 30sec reload and 40 sec for rotation 

Er...... why does it get only 63.3k hp? is it compensate for armor thickness?     

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,187 battles

In all respects, the South Dakota class is better than the North Carolina class, bar habitability. They were cramped ships compared to the NoCar's, due to essentially being the same ships with less hull length to make up for more armour.

However they are not better than the Iowa class.

So, they fit into Tier 8.5.

I wonder what "drawbacks" WG will give this class if they make it T8, or what "benefits" if they make it T9?

Tee

347 posts

Actually they would have less AA because WG usually take lead ship of class as tec tree ship in this case South Dakota has 4 less 5"/38calliber

Edited by BravaZulu296

Sign in to follow this