Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
silenthunter19944

Iowa and Montana worth getting ?

9 comments in this topic

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Hi all, SH here. Just want to ask if the Iowa and Montana is worth getting. Currently, I really enjoy playing in my North Carolina because she is a well rounded battleships and she can easily carry games. However, from what I've heard, Iowa and Montana is getting power creeped by the new German BB. I mean I know that Iowa and Montana citadel and shells were purposeful modelled wrongly because of War Gaming 'national flavour'. I mean both of these battleships are meant to be snipers, not brawlers. But regardless, do you all think that these two ships are worth getting and keeping ?

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Accdg to a friend, no. Stop at NC and that's it for USN BB line.

I am aware of what people say about the USN BB line. Which is exactly why I am asking the community if I should go down the line further.

Don't blame them though. NC is the only US BB that isn't limited by 'national flavour'

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,483 battles

Go up the line to trash the rare tier 9+ cv captains that are still playing with that lol AA power. Seriously partner ourself with another US BB and you will be invincible to airpower ( cry cry )

Super Tester
7,576 posts
8,001 battles

Agree with deicide, stop at NC. Unless you are really good with Aim, iowa is a food against T10 BBs. It's huge, longer than Yamato, turns like a brick, has the same AA as NC and lower penetration than NC. Citadel sits a lot higher than NC. You show your side to T10s, you are gone in 1 salvo. And then there are Zao, Moskva, Hindenburg which you will never be able to kill.

Only two improvements on Iowa are flatter shell arc, higher HP pool. Its totally Meh.

I unlocked Montana but didn't buy her yet. Games with Iowa feels too inconsistent. I have a number of krakens and high caliber and stuffs on Iowa, but then again, I have equal number of games where I was able to do only 20k damage which is rather shameful.

Edited by icy_phoenix

266 posts
5,142 battles

I also love the NC and hated the Iowa, but I really like the Montana.

The problem with Iowa is, it loses the amazing plunging shells and agility of the NC while retaining the same number of guns, not to mention it's much bigger and faces T10 frequently. NC is just better in almost every way.

But the Montana, this ship has massive damage potential, provided you can get enough broadsides to shoot at. So I usually play my Montana like a Hindenburg, using its stealth and speed to flank the enemy and wreck them from the sides. Just don't bother with bow-on tanking, Montana is not Yamato. 

So in my opinion, yes it's worth it. At least, I have no regrets getting to the Montana.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Agree with deicide, stop at NC. Unless you are really good with Aim, iowa is a food against T10 BBs. It's huge, longer than Yamato, turns like a brick, has the same AA as NC and lower penetration than NC. Citadel sits a lot higher than NC. You show your side to T10s, you are gone in 1 salvo. And then there are Zao, Moskva, Hindenburg which you will never be able to kill.

Only two improvements on Iowa are flatter shell arc, higher HP pool. Its totally Meh.

I unlocked Montana but didn't buy her yet. Games with Iowa feels too inconsistent. I have a number of krakens and high caliber and stuffs on Iowa, but then again, I have equal number of games where I was able to do only 20k damage which is rather shameful.

Iowa armour, especially citadel positioning and citadel armour was modelled incorrectly, it shouldn't be sitting so high out of the water... But kek gaming doesn't want to fix it

Super Tester
7,576 posts
8,001 battles

Iowa armour, especially citadel positioning and citadel armour was modelled incorrectly, it shouldn't be sitting so high out of the water... But kek gaming doesn't want to fix it

Yep. Citadelling Iowa is much easier. You will get citadelled unleass you are heavily angled. NC can bow tank a lot better. However, other T9s are noth that great either.

Oh, Izumo lolpens Iowa. Be careful about that.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Yep. Citadelling Iowa is much easier. You will get citadelled unleass you are heavily angled. NC can bow tank a lot better. However, other T9s are noth that great either.

Oh, Izumo lolpens Iowa. Be careful about that.

at sub 13km Iowa can bow tank well from what I've seen, but getting there is suicide

Sign in to follow this