Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
legionary2099

Getting flak in game

23 comments in this topic

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,492 battles

Has anyone experience the flame and blame of in game chat ?
All most 1 in every 4 of my carrier game i get something along the lines of where is your fighter ? you noob - f*** , report for poor play. I am extremely frustrated having to deal with these back stabbing ally at the same time of having to focus on controlling a horde of squadrons at the same time.
Commanding a carrier is quite stressful as high tier where i have to dance between flak and fighter and i also get flak from the team - wth?
There is also the type that go nuts and blame the whole team for loosing , when i tell them to stop it they throw back a torp or a gun salvo back at me lol.
So i wanna ask those that are here on the forum , what do you think of a carrier captain ? A godlike being that you can crap on however you want and having to babysit every single one of the allied dots on the map or a human that is just like you who will make mistake and will sometimes lose focus on what is going around.

TL;DR : this is a rant threat , i am too bloody angry for those that have shall we say a candy-ass that readily blame everything else when things when sore.

I just so want to turn off the chat completely if not for the rare compliment that some guys give me

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,842 posts
4,140 battles

I don't play CV's.  I don't like the gameplay.  I don't like the ships. I don't like anything about them.  But I don't worry about them in game and let them just do their thing because I don't know anything about them or how to play them.    I do know that you are the target of everything that goes wrong in game and that's just that's the life you are stuck with no matter what you do in game.

18 posts
11,943 battles

Has anyone experience the flame and blame of in game chat ?

Yes.

So i wanna ask those that are here on the forum , what do you think of a carrier captain ? A godlike being that you can crap on however you want and having to babysit every single one of the allied dots on the map or a human that is just like you who will make mistake and will sometimes lose focus on what is going around.

My vote is on the godlike one. You have to be perfect when playing a CV otherwise you get flamed the whole game, especially by the one who just recently died.

440 posts
3,380 battles

Cvs are the most judged class in battle because they can either bring victory to the team or bringing the team down. But the sad truth is that people expect cv captains to be God tier (even at handling the "ones who need extra attention" cough cough Yolo rushers)

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

Well apparently...If one of your BB got bombed at the start of the match by enemy CV b4 even engaging enemies and the USN CV on his side "happened" to use strike mod, of course he would have rage at the allied USN CV for couldn't provide Air support (don't talk about going with CA, some CA players just charge full speed and leave the BBs behind). He was trying to give his best for the team but enemy CV just took out half of his HP or worse, nearly sink him, how on earth is he gonna continue fighting (or brawl)?

783 posts
4,826 battles

Every class gets blamed and flamed for different reasons anyway so... :hiding:

As for what I think of CV captains. Always assume they're godlike on the enemy side while your ally CV is bad.

That way, you get to play your best. I'd rather be disappointed at enemy CV performance and do my best to dodge or avoid them rather than get KO'd because I underestimated them. Reverse goes for my ally CV.

Doesn't stop me from facepalming when I see my ally CV does a bad move but that's a different story. :tea_cap:

Beta Tester
39 posts
10,293 battles

In my battles, the only time I see people raging at the friendly CV user is if he gets dominated or loses the air war against the enemy CV player. I have been in so many instances wherein the friendly CV just got beaten out by the enemy CV and the rest of the team are desperately trying to dodge airstrike after airstrike. Or, if you see a USN CV and he is running strike package and does not carry a single Fighter.. you would see the rage of the Friendly BB Captains as countless airstrikes reach them unopposed.  

Edited by Flying_Endeavor

381 posts
9,957 battles

After seeing how you advocated fighterless setup in other threads, I wouldn't be surprised that sometimes you ran into a competent opposing CV, losing the air war completely and getting blamed by the team. It's expected and you should never complain about that. I have been blamed like only 3 times out of 300+ CV matches, so things are not as toxic as people claimed to be.

414 posts
9,265 battles

88p4hCB.png

CV need to have a good situation awareness, and its hard to do so. At some points, there IS a reason to blame CV (e.g. for being greedy, killing low health ships instead of damaging the healthier one). But as far as I see now, ppl still don't understand how this class' gameplay is different from others. I can't say much about other things of CV because I only play Hosho, but I feel how mid-high tier CV players often get to blame because the mistake of a single guy doing things that he shouldn't do.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Cvs are the most judged class in battle because they can either bring victory to the team or bringing the team down. But the sad truth is that people expect cv captains to be God tier (even at handling the "ones who need extra attention" cough cough Yolo rushers)

I believe all classes are being judged, I mean like...

- Destroyers: Die too early or never cap a key area in domination

- Cruisers: Get heavily damaged in 1 salvo or sailing straight to get torp'd

- Battleships: Die too early, get heavily damaged in 1 salvo, sailing straight to get torp'd or worst, YOLO'ing to exit the battle

So.... I don't see how a specific class outmatch others to be claimed as God tier. This is team battle, every members must contribute & not depended on 1 member to do all everything to win.

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

In my battles, the only time I see people raging at the friendly CV user is if he gets dominated or loses the air war against the enemy CV player. I have been in so many instances wherein the friendly CV just got beaten out by the enemy CV and the rest of the team are desperately trying to dodge airstrike after airstrike. Or, if you see a USN CV and he is running strike package and does not carry a single Fighter.. you would see the rage of the Friendly BB Captains as countless airstrikes reach them unopposed.  

Don't forget about allied DDs that was spotted all the time by enemy CV.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

I don't really know why do you guys really care about people cursing you or saying something to you when you're in a CV. If you have some(any) self confidence you don't care what anyone says. Today I was playing with my CV friend and everyone blamed him for doing absolutely nothing, But we were constantly communicating with each other and trying to win. People just moan for no reasons. And match somewhat ended up like this. (In the spoiler)

As you can see it is Independence vs Independence my friend was using 111 setup going against 201. He tried his best to shut out the CV and advancing ships still others were like "Noob CV help us" and we were laughing at them. If i remember it was nagato who was whining. where is he? somewhere giving his below average performance to the team. And also remember it is actually a T8 match with a T6 CV still ended up him being in Top 3.

I really advice this to all CV players just "IGNORE THESE IDIOTS" They do not contribute anything towards the team all they do is (Edited) and Moan.

ZTJml5e.jpg

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

Beta Tester
39 posts
10,293 battles

Don't forget about allied DDs that was spotted all the time by enemy CV.

Oh yeah, that too. Just encountered a CV player in-game, that despite there being an enemy DD in our capture zone in a Standard Battle, he did not vector in any aircraft whatsoever to spot the enemy DD...Instead, he decided to bum rush his dive bombers towards the enemy CV and have them all shot down...  So yeah, me and another BB had to rush in just to prevent our team from losing, but alas... that cost us a BB.. and the game.. so yeah.. CVs have a huge impact on the battle.. but well, that is if you have competent CV players on the controls. 
Edited by Flying_Endeavor

110 posts
1,474 battles

If it is as regular as 1/4 of your games, it probably has more to do with you than the class of ship you play. I know that when I get called noob, I can usually point to the thing I just did and agree.

[AE]
202 posts
9,515 battles

Most people despise carriers like they despised artie in World of Tanks. Nobody is going to want to see carriers in match because the game is less enjoyable. So THE ONLY positive is that we have carriers too. When they go strike loadout and don't provide any fighter cover then you have no purpose other than racking up damage. Meanwhile the other guy is HURTING ME.  And the problem with that is your teammate KNOW that you could have protected them but didn't. Every single game I am in a BB and there are carriers my heart sinks and I think "Shame I now have to just plod along for 7-15 mins until I get creamed".

Same as artie in WoT. Should not be there, just makes game less of a game and more of a slog.

590 posts
2,995 battles

General rule of thumb, take screen shots / replays and submit them to mods :) we will review if it's an issue and take action. Problem is, we can't be in every game

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

Most people despise carriers like they despised artie in World of Tanks. Nobody is going to want to see carriers in match because the game is less enjoyable. So THE ONLY positive is that we have carriers too. When they go strike loadout and don't provide any fighter cover then you have no purpose other than racking up damage. Meanwhile the other guy is HURTING ME.  And the problem with that is your teammate KNOW that you could have protected them but didn't. Every single game I am in a BB and there are carriers my heart sinks and I think "Shame I now have to just plod along for 7-15 mins until I get creamed".

Same as artie in WoT. Should not be there, just makes game less of a game and more of a slog.

But how is this any different than a player taking hydro over defensive fire? Everyone has to make a decision how they prepare there ship before a game.  Unfortunately cvs have the hardest decision of all the players as they have the added expectation of all players of being able to rescue every ship all the time from aircraft. Not only that they can't even change load outs in game so whilst a shop can just change ammo types the cv cant just create different plane types.

Edited by Ensign_Brendoonigan

110 posts
1,474 battles

General rule of thumb, take screen shots / replays and submit them to mods :) we will review if it's an issue and take action. Problem is, we can't be in every game

so report for misbehaviour in chat is useless?

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,001 battles

Like suzy said, ever class get blamed. If you derp, you will always trigger someone else. Even if they have derped harder. Just don't worry about them too much. But if you are continuously getting flamed, may be you should also try to figure out if there was really a mistake on your part and try to fix it in next matches.

These things will never go away from online games, just gonna have to learn to live with these.

so report for misbehaviour in chat is useless?

Technically, all the reports seem useless to me. WG probably only look at it when the reports cross a certain threshold over multiple games. Players report others without any reason as well.

58 posts
3,805 battles

This issue is due to the fact that CVs are usually the only ship in game most of the time. This causes CV player to standout and thus makes it people to easily start to judge and blame you no matter what you do.

I even had a game recently that i was blamed for getting first blood on a enemy Taiho in the first 5 mins using my first wave. The reason was that i didnt contribute to the team to spot enemy ships at a cap.

The good thing is that this has actually increased my level of torlerance and trained me to ignore hateful comments and just play. No point getting worked up with just words typed out on the screen..

Sign in to follow this