Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
icy_phoenix

Belfast on sale again

23 comments in this topic

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles

w...wait belfast is op? i thought its just another atlanta....... 

i require more enlightenment anyone ?

Smoke, AP, HE, T8 upgrade slot, hydro, radar.........

Only torps are missing.

1,386 posts
8,248 battles

w...wait belfast is op? i thought its just another atlanta....... 

i require more enlightenment anyone ?

Belfast is similar to Atlanta in some way, but also have some critical difference.

They are similar in the following ways

1. Both have great RoF and high ballistics

2. Both are quite fragile

3. Both are quite maneuverable

4. Both have radar consumable

But they are also quite different

1. While Belfast's guns has worse ballistics than Japanese 155mm or Soviet 152mm, they are better than the US 152/47 found on a Cleveland. While I personally am used to flat ballistics of KM battleships, I can adapt to these guns after a few battles.

2. Being a 152mm, their AP can be more useful than Atlanta's DD guns

3. Belfast's range doesn't fall short compared to other T7

3. Belfast is still more durable than Atlanta

4. Belfast doesn't have torps

5. Belfast has a different set of consumables, having no DAAF but has radar, smoke and sonar at the same time. Which means you can sit in your own smoke and spam HE, instead of begging a DD to lay smoke for you, and no torpedo worries which is a common problem for smoke.

6. Belfast's AA characteristics is different.

7. Belfast can be upgraded to enjoy better maneuverability or concealment using the 6th slot usually available from T8.

8. Belfast has exceptionally excellent acceleration.

Edited by _Halcyon

1,386 posts
8,248 battles

......... and its cheaper than atlanta by 5sgd............srsly?

thanks 4 the enlightenment

But as the British only has one line (CL) which requires different captain options, Belfast is less suitable for captain training. (Usually Belfast relies on fire set by HE to harvest damage, but common RN CL only has AP, so AFT/SE vs DE)

104 posts
12,495 battles

Belfast is similar to Atlanta in some way, but also have some critical difference.

They are similar in the following ways

1. Both have great RoF and high ballistics

2. Both are quite fragile

3. Both are quite maneuverable

4. Both have radar consumable

But they are also quite different

1. While Belfast's guns has worse ballistics than Japanese 155mm or Soviet 152mm, they are better than the US 152/47 found on a Cleveland. While I personally am used to flat ballistics of KM battleships, I can adapt to these guns after a few battles.

2. Being a 152mm, their AP can be more useful than Atlanta's DD guns

3. Belfast's range doesn't fall short compared to other T7

3. Belfast is still more durable than Atlanta

4. Belfast doesn't have torps

5. Belfast has a different set of consumables, having no DAAF but has radar, smoke and sonar at the same time. Which means you can sit in your own smoke and spam HE, instead of begging a DD to lay smoke for you, and no torpedo worries which is a common problem for smoke.

6. Belfast's AA characteristics is different.

7. Belfast can be upgraded to enjoy better maneuverability or concealment using the 6th slot usually available from T8.

8. Belfast has exceptionally excellent acceleration.

​Good points, wallet open now. but wait, I already have the Kutuzov. wallet close again.
Edited by Szabla

1,386 posts
8,248 battles

​Good points, wallet open now. but wait, I already have the Kutuzov. wallet close again.

Kutuzov's acceleration is just sad…

Well I still like Kutuzov better, Soviet 152mm feels so great, nice ballistics and flying speed, great transverse, and fire setting chance that makes me feel guilty playing this ship

104 posts
12,495 battles

Kutuzov's acceleration is just sad…

Well I still like Kutuzov better, Soviet 152mm feels so great, nice ballistics and flying speed, great transverse, and fire setting chance that makes me feel guilty playing this ship

​i take acceleration mod on Kutuzov, so its kinda ok IMO. just lack 1 smoke compare to OPfast. the rest is better.

Sign in to follow this