Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
xscore

How to solo carry?

18 comments in this topic

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

Hey its Friday!!!

This means an oversupply of starchy tubers.  And MM is working so well, that they put more starchy tubers on my team than the enemy!!!

This is especially prominent when you play a Tier 8 ship (Benson) and meet lower tier skrubs players.

shot-16.12.09_19.28.13-0437.jpgshot-16.12.09_19.27.51-0404.jpgshot-16.12.09_19.27.40-0304.jpg

But just when you rejoice over the possibility of having fewer poor skrubs players when you get uptiered into a Tier X match, you get the same result, but this time, the pota people contributing to your team's downfall are top tier...

shot-16.12.09_19.28.03-0864.jpg

But of course, I am just a salty and selfish Benson player who just plays this game at this time to stetped, and am just complaining when the "Farm Friday Fishes" plan backfired due to the blessings of MM.

But regardless of the intentions of OP, this is still a rather disheartening phenomenon.  I have even read somewhere that there are players who were reported as "bots" that weren't actually bots, they were just bad at the game...  This is a serious issue affecting the QoL of skilled players.

/rant

I suggest the following to WG for improving gameplay experience

-Remove IJN DDs, they are only good for deleting noobs, and pretty much nothing else (ok maybe Seal clubbing?)

->Alternatively, giving IJN DDs ACTUALLY USEFUL TORPS may help, and why is the Fletcher the best torpedo boat in the game?

-Remove AS USN loadouts, since "teamplay" is unreliable and overrated.  A skilled strike counterpart can get off one strike on your team, and that is more impact on your team than you can ever have on the enemy team.  Or just remove CVs all together.

-Remove BBs, for they are the class that has the most impact on a match (sans CVs).  Having noobs unskilled players drive them around would negatively affect the mental health of the players around them.
(Oh wait there are no players around them cos they are sniping at the back, like behind the team's Zao)

-Creating an "SPG" equivalent, which in this case would be "guided missile destroyers" so as to encourage "less passive gameplay" and whatever bowtank shenanigans BBs love to use.    

/sarcasm

Ok the main point:  How to carry a game???
Pls senpais teach me

shot-16.12.09_19.28.13-0437.jpg

shot-16.12.09_19.27.51-0404.jpg

shot-16.12.09_19.27.40-0304.jpg

shot-16.12.09_19.28.03-0864.jpg

[HMAS]
56 posts
2,199 battles

Well, I have a fraction of your played battles, and I'd reckon my opinion would be taken lightly. But from what i have seen thus far, it is the obvious method of trying to dish as much damage as possible against the enemy team and babysitting the respective objectives you would think it is fragile. Unfortunately, World of Warships follows in a loose form to League of Legends in that it's quite team-based, and a single great ship could still be bested in luck and time. 

(( From my understand, I can mention another game but not talk about its mechanics and whatnot, but I should be able to talk about its likeliness in reference))

110 posts
1,474 battles

I am a skrub, and I doubt I will ever be unicum. Before a week of bad matches, I was beginning to push past 2k recent wn8 in tanks, and I expect to continue climbing when I go back to that game. I intend to play this game a bit more casually, though I still like to always improve.

^ just some background. First, not all matches can be carried even by a full div of the very best players. When it is a capping match with teams like you described, basically GG. Otherwise if you can handle passive play just camp with them and try whittle down the enemy until they are dead/a push will help/win. Against a concerted push by enemy, you will still lose, but not every team pushes well.

Also a few words at the start of the match can make all the difference. Even when no one replies, usually at least a few will still follow a very basic plan. When contact starts and all your BBs are are still sniping, ping a couple of them and ask them to move up. Mention how they have armour and hp for a reason. If they still refuse, use torps if you have them. You don't have to sink them, and at times you don't even have to hit any of them. But a couple sets of torps coming their way usually gets them moving somewhere.

Of course I would not suggest doing intentional team damage. 

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

Also a few words at the start of the match can make all the difference. Even when no one replies, usually at least a few will still follow a very basic plan. When contact starts and all your BBs are are still sniping, ping a couple of them and ask them to move up. Mention how they have armour and hp for a reason. If they still refuse, use torps if you have them. You don't have to sink them, and at times you don't even have to hit any of them. But a couple sets of torps coming their way usually gets them moving somewhere.

Of course I would not suggest doing intentional team damage. 

The idea of using a torp reload against your own team is a bit wasteful, if you actually have to do that to get your BBs to move (which is hard since I am usually usually smoked up literally at the face of the enemy) then the game is quite lost already.

And the main issue here is not BBs sniping, it is their lackthereoff knowledge to even know where to position their ship.  Either they position too far back, or behind an island where they cannot fire at the enemy, or YOLO rush to a cluster of enemies and feed.  Most BBs do not know how to disengage from fire, and how to use their presence to influence the enemy team.

But seriously, BB players are really making games very unenjoyable. 

110 posts
1,474 battles

I agree partly. After my last t5 arp ship and hosho, I will no longer be playing bb. In such a slow ship, never knowing if the rest of team/bbs are going to play the game or just snipe is an exercise in frustration. As far as positioning goes, every class has this (though I agree with implication that bbs seem to suffer more), it is simply that it is much easier for other classes to move to another area. 

As for torps, I understand that higher tiers  have longer reloads, but it is a basic ROI right? Is it worth your investment to provoke another ship getting into the fight, or are you willing to write off the match so early? Remember, your goal isn't to sink your ally, it is simply to send a spread that gets him moving. With a dd and especially the torp ranges they get higher up, it shouldn't take very long to get into a firing position. 

Super Tester
7,560 posts
8,001 battles

Thank god, at least I am not a complete potato when playing BB with xscore :hiding:

I somehow solo carried twice today, in an Iowa and Kiev. One thing I have to tell here, if we need to be more competitive, people gotta stop playing IJN DDs. Even Tashkents are more useful in 90% of the time. I don't want shit players chasing BBs the whole game forgetting the objectives.

Edited by icy_phoenix

1,386 posts
8,237 battles

Drop your heavy teammates off your back and have a rest.

Play PvE

Go seal club another seal clubber in a T1.(probably no new player now play PvP in T1, and they got MM protection, so usually T1 seal clubbing is a seal clubber civil war)

Super Tester
7,560 posts
8,001 battles

Drop your heavy teammates off your back and have a rest.

Play PvE

Go seal club another seal clubber in a T1.(probably no new player now play PvP in T1, and they got MM protection, so usually T1 seal clubbing is a seal clubber civil war)

Low tiers have protected MM, if you go to club at T2, most of the others are kinda same.

Beta Tester
39 posts
10,293 battles

Sigh.... been having terrible matches in the past couple of days as well, and my WRs dropped like a stone... but oh wells.. breaks tend to help.. but.. the grinds would still be there >.>

[LNA]
1,665 posts
10,470 battles

Want to solo carry a game ? Learn to git gud in a carrier , the only class capable of delivering a nasty punch anywhere on the map with an overview that allow full situation awareness not available in any other map , a gud captain can get 5-6 kill every dozen or so game.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

You need to carry every one :D this is what I learnt today sometimes it gets you win and sometimes it doesn't

KnyIvi8.jpggiVXBP4.jpg

And here i heff to carry people 2 tiers above me and still don't expect anything from them

L6H4lRW.jpgZTJml5e.jpg

44 posts
6,354 battles

Carrying a game requires a good deal of co-operation from the enemy and a fair bit of luck. Being a reasonably capable player is of course an asset.

361 posts
3,693 battles

It really hard to solo carry. And somemore with a BB. Yesterday i solo carry my team with my scharnhorst. Point A & B is under enemy control abd C is ours. I have to cut in and capture B to win and there was no friendly nearby. At point B, i met 1 CA & 1 DD. I sunk the CA and heavily dmg the dd. Luckily my mates saw i was at B and give support fire and sunk the dd.  In the end i was sunk at b but we managed to capture b and win the round. I came 1st in the team with about 15xx ship xp but i have a premium acc and got about 39xx total xp.

I think the most important is the right timing to move in and your team mates must give support fire. If your team chicken out and fall back or don't know wth they playing then how hard you try to carry also no use. You are bound to be sunk and lost that round. 

Edited by th3vikings

Super Tester
7,560 posts
8,001 battles

Carrying a game requires a good deal of co-operation from the enemy and a fair bit of luck. Being a reasonably capable player is of course an asset.

^^ This is so very true.

On a side note, only a true gun boat has true solo carry potential, other classes are much harder to solo carry.

Sign in to follow this